Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCubuntu Gotham does not video decode some movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I got another issue with XBMCubuntu. It shows no video (black screen but all audio etc normal) on specific movies.

I checked them with mediainfo, and I found no explanation (no specific common issue etc).

I installed no additional codec etc. Just updated/upgraded the distro to be at le latest :-)

Can someone help with some hints ? Big Grin
Probably one time too often ... one Debug Log is enough
Yes, one would have been enough Big Grin

I played a bit since that post. It appears some videos are not decoded BUT, stopping, then reasking to read, it decodes properly !
My problem is the random part of this. There is no logic. I'll do my best.

However, if some already faced a similar situation (no decode at start, movie stopped, then reasked for reading and then it works !), I am interested Angel
Again not one Debug Log
Hint: fritsch who is a developer, is interested and wants to take a look, but you fail in uploading a debug log.
And this hint was given 63 times in this thread Wink
Hi Guys,

I understand why you needs logs, I dev too. The point is getting valuable logs :-)
I finally detected that read fails most of times after cold boot and so here it is :

Nota : I dont explain:
20:25:28 T:140038387292096 ERROR: Create - Error( Read-only file system )
20:25:28 T:140038387292096 ERROR: Create - Error creating /home/pchcuser/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails
20:25:28 T:140038387292096 ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails
~pchcuser is 100% owned by pchcuser and dir 777, cant do more. Anyways, thumbs are elsewhere on a SMB server (removed from logs, too verbose).

Scenario : cold boot : go to file, read file, no pic just sound+subs, stopped, reclick on read, works fine.

LOGS

Thanks for your help !
you mapped the thumbs folder to SMB, so make sure your samba server is up when you start kodi

edit: ofc, network needs to be up as well.
Kodi probably starts before your local network interface is up.
Hi wsnipex,

Thanks for the input, thumbs are working fine for me.
I was just raising the point since it is abnormal Kodi cant write there,but no issue for me Blush

The only issue is that no video display on cold boot, until I stop/start the movie.

Other subject : I got a Via C7 mobo using over M$ Windoze XP for audio playing. Wondering if Gotham would work but the live distro does not boot, probably a CPU issue. Are you aware about a C7 CPU version of Kodi ? Maybe over a manual install (Ubuntu Via if existing, then XBMC) ?

Thx

+++
I don't think modern Ubuntu kernels will run on c7, the processor is quite limited. Look for some distro that advertises i386 support.
Hi Guys,

Some feedback since the logs... Confused

I got another issue. Some movies are not playing properly, FPS lowering to 12fps Sad

I got the logs. No ways to attach them by chance ?

XBMC version:
xbmc 2:13.2~git20140817.2155-final-0trusty all XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
xbmc-bin 2:13.2~git20140817.2155-final-0trusty amd64 XBMC Media Center (binary data package)

Thx for your help
Do not include your logs inline. Post them to pastebin and give us a url to the paste.
Play those files from local disk, please. Disable vaapi and keep vdpau. Upgrade to 13.2 xbmc. The log shows a network Problem.
Pages: 1 2