Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advice needed for upgrage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

So I am looking to upgrade my XBMC experience, but I need some advice as I'm a big noob in this. So far have been using the OUYA, and although it plays almost everything smoothly, it is slow to navigate, which really becomes annoying after a while.

So I have been reading the forum for a while, and I reckon it is possible, if I sell the OUYA, to get a much faster htpc with little investment. I can sell the OUYA for 70€, and am thinking about spending a maximum of 80-100€ on top of that. I have been looking at alternatives, and it seems that most people recomend either a NUC or a chromebox (FireTV seems pointless in Europe).

My TV does not support 3D / 4K, so although it can be nice for future proofability, I would not spend money because of that. 1080p is required. On this budget , what woud you buy? NUC, Chromebox or something else? And which model?

Thanks!
i own a chromebox and a tronsmart vega tv box, i stopped using the chromebox and only use the android tv box. I'm thinking about making the chromebox a server but i feel more like selling it and get a NUC or something of same range price that i can install Windows with no driver issues and also linux, etc.
I needed more in the end so i switched from OpenElec in a ChromeBox to an all in one experience with Android. That is me!

Oh well my chromebox has that known bug and so i had some issues with it,not all have it though but it was enough for me to find something else.
So you don't think the upgrade to chromebox is worth it? I think another box running android is out of the question for me, just because there are so many limitations