Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No 7.1 via HDMI since Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i'm using XBMC now for years and i was deeply impressed of the "easy use" of this thing.
Have had some troubles in the past with audio output - but i was always able to solve it - until now.
Setup is the following:
Shuttle XPC SP35P2 -> http://www.shuttle.eu/de/produkte/discon...p35p2-pro/
OS: Win8.1 x64 pro with MediaCenter patches are all up2date
Nvidia GTX 750 -> Latest released Nvidia driver
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2020 connected via HDMI

I was wondering now for a while that every single movie i played was in DD 5.1 - so i went curious and try a demo disc. called "THX DEMO DISC"
I tested with Maverick 12.3 and everthing was fine - the receiver switches fine between 2.1, 5.1 and 7.1
With the same disc and Gotham 13.x (incl. 13.0 and 13.2) the titles with 7.1 only plays at 5.1 - Yes i have crosschecked that the audio settings are via HDMI and 7.1.
This is also valid for other discs which are in 7.1
I just made a small crosscheck with Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre and yes - the same disc plays fine as it should incl. 7.1 sound.

Now since it is pinned down to XBMC Gotham - are there any ideas, suggestions how to solve this problem - without get stuck with an old XBMC Version?

Best regards
sonypsx
Did you enable advanced settings level in Gotham and set audio up correctly? I have no issues playing 7.1 with it and haven't heard people about it either, but I have seen quite a few people unable to grasp the new audio settings.

Debug logs of both tests are more than welcome.
Yes a debug log_file (wiki) id needed and also a screenshot showing your audio settings.
Angel

Ok ... as Kib already pointed out - i missed the "advanced settings" since Gotham completely! I even didn't realize that "standard/advanced" thing Blush

Issue solved - everything went fine and 7.1 Audio is on again when it is needed.

Keep up the good work in Kodi Wink

Best regards
sonypsx