Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
For Kodi, are there plugins for Amazon Prime Video or Netflix?
On Android you can get official versions from play store.
Kodi.. I don't know it that well yet...
I am still waiting for the ok to go with a tronsmart device...
(I just hear that is not working, this isn't working...)
There are a couple of netflix addons, not sure about amazon prime, but I assume you know how to use a search function?
(2014-12-01, 07:24)Topken Wrote: [ -> ]The x86 based Celeron Chromebox will stomp all over the ARM based devices. You can run a full os such as Ubuntu or even Openelec if you just need xbmc.
THanks for clearing it up! I was slightly misled by this, which seems to favor RockChip:
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench...ine=786009

(2014-12-01, 08:07)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]And just to complicate the issue you can get a portable Acer C720 Chromebook on discount sale now that has the same guts as a Haswell/ Celeron 2955U Chromebox (M004U).
Indeed! Amazon just quoted it at $149! i stumbled on the same conundrum: htpc, or htpc you can take to a cafe as a laptop? LOL.

@nickr, does xbmc allow a browser to be on there too? if so, then i really won't need android.
There is a project to put a browser into openelec/xbmc but its currently no go for netflix. If I remember correctly
Does anyone have any idea how to get external player to work on Kodi running on EKB328 (box based on RK3288)?
I have created playercorefactory.xml, pointed it right to mx player, but when opening a video file on lan I just get popup (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended", and nothing shows....

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
            <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
        </player>
        <player name="MXPlayerPro" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro</filename>
        </player>
        <player name="StockPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>android.rk.RockVideoPlayer</filename>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filename=".*CRiME.*|.*4k.*" player="StockPlayer"/>
        <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MXPlayerPro"/>
        <rule video="true" player="MXPlayerFree"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2014-12-01, 17:58)Kiers Wrote: [ -> ]@nickr, does xbmc allow a browser to be on there too? if so, then i really won't need android.
Take a look at the chrome browser addon.
(2014-12-01, 10:00)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]There are a couple of netflix addons
None for Android though.
I am considering buying an RK3288 box. Other than XBMC, I would also like to run the Skype app for android. Could any of the existing owners kindly confirm the following
1. Are all USB webcams supported or do I need to buy specific ones?
2. Can I receive a Skype call while running XBMC. If yes, then will XBMC automatically pause the currently playing media?
3. Is Google Hangouts supported?
I have recently purchased a Measy B4S RK3288 box. I am currently just testing it but I have an issue with Network performance, both RJ45 & WiFi. If I attempt to play a HD movie over the network I get a lot of buffering, it makes it unwatchable.

I have tried applied a couple of recent Firmware updates I have found on the Internet but these haven't resolve the problem.

I have now found an update from mo123, (HPH_RK3288_ROM_v1.2_mo123) can you please advise if the Network Performance is a widely experienced by a lot of people, and if this update has corrected this problem.
(2014-12-04, 10:29)mujunk Wrote: [ -> ]I am considering buying an RK3288 box. Other than XBMC, I would also like to run the Skype app for android. Could any of the existing owners kindly confirm the following
@mujunk, wrong thread, your questions are not specific to Rockchip RK3288 but instead specific to Android and different firmware from box vendors.
(2014-12-04, 10:29)mujunk Wrote: [ -> ]1. Are all USB webcams supported or do I need to buy specific ones?
No but most work, use Google to search if it is Android compatible and which version is required.
(2014-12-04, 10:29)mujunk Wrote: [ -> ]2. Can I receive a Skype call while running XBMC. If yes, then will XBMC automatically pause the currently playing media?
Not in XBMC under Android, and only with third-party addons and background programs on other OS platforms.
(2014-12-04, 10:29)mujunk Wrote: [ -> ]3. Is Google Hangouts supported?
Not in XBMC under Android, and only with third-party addons and background programs on other OS platforms.
(2014-12-04, 14:11)ajssss Wrote: [ -> ]I have recently purchased a Measy B4S RK3288 box. I am currently just testing it but I have an issue with Network performance, both RJ45 & WiFi. If I attempt to play a HD movie over the network I get a lot of buffering, it makes it unwatchable.

I have tried applied a couple of recent Firmware updates I have found on the Internet but these haven't resolve the problem.

I have now found an update from mo123, (HPH_RK3288_ROM_v1.2_mo123) can you please advise if the Network Performance is a widely experienced by a lot of people, and if this update has corrected this problem.

I also have Measy B4S. The network is not as great as I expect it to be but I can play Bluray iso off my NAS. Sometimes there may be a quick buffering but it plays well most of the time. And it connects to only ONE of my routers. Anyway, it works. I have problem with audio passthrough (Kodi RC2), though.

Can you show me how to flash new rom onto it?
Here are the firmware updates that I have already tried

Here is the latest stock firmware for the Measy B4S. There is video tutorial included as part of this download

http://4minipc.ru/proshivki/172-stokovay...y-b4s.html

Here is a compatible firmware

http://www.ahappydeal.info/showthread.ph...591dd83621

Neither of the above updates resolved the Network issues I experienced

I have now come across the the following

http://www.freaktab.com/archive/index.php/t-18706.html

Currently I seem to be loading one firmware image after the next without any real plan, I wanted to see if anyone else had experience the Network problems I am experiencing before I tried any other option. There is always a danger you may inadvertantly brick you device if something goes wrong.
(2014-12-09, 10:32)ajssss Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the firmware updates that I have already tried

Here is the latest stock firmware for the Measy B4S. There is video tutorial included as part of this download

http://4minipc.ru/proshivki/172-stokovay...y-b4s.html

Here is a compatible firmware

http://www.ahappydeal.info/showthread.ph...591dd83621

Neither of the above updates resolved the Network issues I experienced

I have now come across the the following

http://www.freaktab.com/archive/index.php/t-18706.html

Currently I seem to be loading one firmware image after the next without any real plan, I wanted to see if anyone else had experience the Network problems I am experiencing before I tried any other option. There is always a danger you may inadvertantly brick you device if something goes wrong.

it constantly amazes me that people spend money on such substandard systems.
The advertisement seems to be greate...
I wanted the tronsmart too, but I have read first in different forums...
Now I am waiting ;-)
I bought a Tronsmart R28 within a RK3288 and I'm testing with the latest nightly-builds.

The actually result is:
- it is working WITHOUT a hardware-acceleration
- (With hardware-acceleration I get a freeze after 2 minute)

I'm waiting for the next firmware 111K4 and hope than will it working with hardware-acceleration.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37