Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Who can tell me the differences among these solutions?Rolleyes
RK3288/ALLWINNER/MSTAR/INTEL
Intel will work, the others might work.
Does this chipset allow any de-interlacing ? (1080i TV streams)
(2015-01-27, 02:34)c0mm0n Wrote: [ -> ]Does this chipset allow any de-interlacing ? (1080i TV streams)
See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213600
When it comes to stability and performance, would you guys take an amlogic s805 or s802 over the RK3288?
(2015-02-03, 14:00)ddzc Wrote: [ -> ]When it comes to stability and performance, would you guys take an amlogic s805 or s802 over the RK3288?

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/01/26/4...nd-boards/
About Tronsmart R28 Subtitle support (with XBMC/KODI and MXPlayer): does it support video files with idx/sub and .ass (Advanced SubStation Alpha; I often watch english .ass soft-subbed anime) subtitles?

Is it possibile to change the .srt subtitle view settings (e.g. font size, location, foreground/background color, etc. of subtitle)?

Many thanks.
(2015-02-05, 16:48)zeon Wrote: [ -> ]About Tronsmart R28 Subtitle support (with XBMC/KODI and MXPlayer): does it support video files with idx/sub and .ass (Advanced SubStation Alpha; I often watch english .ass soft-subbed anime) subtitles?

Is it possibile to change the .srt subtitle view settings (e.g. font size, location, foreground/background color, etc. of subtitle)?

Many thanks.
I think your questions are answered in the manual. Did you look there? http://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles
Hello,

I have this box for like 20+ days now:

http://xxx.ebay.com/itm/111566993782?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

(Rockchip RK3288 Quad Core T764 GPU Android TV BOX 4K HDMI player with bluetooth)

Here is in bullet points my initial experience with the media player:

1 The kernel is old

2 outdated software

3 Must install SPMC to work better

4 Antutu scores only 36000 and everytime i perform the benchmark it scores even lower ( like the hardware is dying )

5 Movies with 5.1 Dolby Digital over optical cable don't sound properly with an awful very loud noise coming out of the speakers. The only way to play the sound is to force stereo mode. I have tried different amplifiers and cables. I have also tried the original XBMC and SPMC. XBMC produces no sound in 5.1 movies and with SPMC i get noise. Tried all possible audio settings in XBMC and SPMC.

6 Movies in general even stereo ones over HDMI ARC stutter with the sound playing only for a few seconds and then stopping

7 Lan is slow can't play any movie over the network (Buffers Continuously) , it reverts to 10mbps when connected to 1000mbps switch

8 4K Movies are "playable" ( but buffer alot ) only with rklibstagefright disabled otherwise screen goes green

Now issues 1,2,5 were resolved with a firmware update via the OTG cable. SPMC still works better than XBMC. Also Antutu behaves the same.

At this time the only major issue is the Ethernet Lan which when connected to a gigabit switch is very slow and i am guessing it reverts to 10mbps.

The Lan only works when connected to a 100mbps switch or when connected to a gigabit switch but cutting off pins 4,5,7,8 ( to force 100mbps negotiation )

The cable checks out fine with a Lan Tester

Iperf (installed on the android box ) shows a speed of about 80mbps which should be enough to play back movies but in reality high encoded movies ( 10gb+ in size ) stutter when played over the network.

Tried various settings in the advancesettings.xml of SPMC with no luck.

My old Acer Aspire ONE laptop is able to play the movies that stutter in the media player just fine. using the same network cable and source ( Linux NAS ).

Also note that coping files to my Linux NAS has a speed of around 15MB/s

is there some special setting in advancedsettings.xml that i have missed ?

Tried to always force buffer
Tried making the cache larger
Tried making the cache 0
Tried moving the cache to SD or external USB SSD hard drive

This media player is supposed to be able to play 4K but in real life finds it difficult to reproduce HD files ( 10 gb + in size )

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Google's new Chromebit device uses the RK3288 SoC
I've had an android mini pc with a 3288 for a few months now and my experience has been like biom's above. I've had a dozen other android mini pcs and I've been obsessed with xbmc even longer. I've tried everything possible and it's been driving me crazy. This would be such a great box, if it would just work right.

No matter what I try, there is a small stutter in video played over kodi. It might only happen once or twice the whole movie, but that is unacceptable.

It seems like it only happens when running kodi. But that is pretty much all these boxes are used for. I still believe, eventually, kodi and koying will get this sorted out. The 3188s and 3066s didn't work well for a while either. I had to be patient.

Pretty much all video content is 1080p from a Linux nas with varying video and audio codecs. They all seem to stutter the same.

I'd so much rather recommend one of these over a nexus player, but I can't put something in someone else's house that doesn't work. For now I recommend 3188s, nexus player, nuc, or chrome box.

Does anyone have a 3288 that doesn't have a small stutter in kodi? Any tips to what you did? I really want these to start being useable. I guess I'll just keep trying nightlys and be patient.
Stutter in some box is caused by slow emmc chip

But if you want a real kodi experience stay away from android box
What about dual boot boxes? Ugoos for example has a Ubuntu running. Maybe there is a way to port kodi in future?
Thanks for the quick response. I am well aware of all of androids limitations as a tv device. As I said in my post I do recommend chrome box and nuc for a lot of the people I set up. I also have these boxes. For some reason, I like using android on my Tvs. My tvs have a motion smoothing post processing so I can live with 60hz refresh rate. Kodi solves most of the audio limitations so the right boxes do the decoding. This makes android useable enough to make me happy. I let my clients decide on their own what they want.

I have read about the flash memory being a problem. I don't think that is my issue as all the movies are on the nas. Could be though and I have never ran a check on this devices memory. Maybe another thing to look into.

I have a few 3188 boxes that play fine, I still have hope this is more of a kodi issue that will be sorted.
(2014-08-28, 08:21)dali211 Wrote: [ -> ]I also find an TV BOX of RK3288 on Amazon, wondering how about it's XBMC?

http://www.amazon.com/Tronfy-R89-Mali-T7...R89+tv+box

+1 on your question. Is it possible to get Kodi updated to 15.0 now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37