Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
FYI

Just got the transmart R28
The remote is of good quality however the IR is REALLY REALLY bad, its so narrow.. not sure what the Chinese have in mind when they build products. Really disappointed with the IR range.
hard to mess that up by design.... check if the receiver eye sits ok and nothing is blocking...
(2014-09-18, 08:31)Willem55 Wrote: [ -> ]And none of them probably has access to the source code.

Is that so? I first discovered it in Bluetimes firmware and received the following written response from Bluetimes following my initial request for sources

That doesn't read like a response from someone that doesn't have access to source. I have several other responses from them indicating they have access to sources, including one saying that a new release is pending and will be sent to me in the immediate future.

And although many seem to doubt that Rockchip is involved, the factory has blamed Rockchip for the violation. I don't agree with the factory, but that was their final stance.
Ahh, a ripe target then for being made an example for explicit GPLv2 license violations.
Freaktab users trying to cover tracks for Nagrace: alarming ....

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...post228623
Doesn't surprise me, all the dev's over on freaktab do nothing but take from the open source community and never offer anything back, I'm thinking mainly finless and oman here, but they are all at it over there changing the XBMC source and not respecting GPL licenses, we've not seen a single PR or contribution back from any of them.
(2014-09-18, 17:39)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't surprise me, all the dev's over on freaktab do nothing but take from the open source community and never offer anything back, I'm thinking mainly finless and oman here, but they are all at it over there changing the XBMC source and not respecting GPL licenses, we've not seen a single PR or contribution back from any of them.

...fickle thoughts and feeble intellect this one possesses. He's been holding court for Nagrace and it makes me wonder why. Unbelievable; and I see myself getting banned from freaktab for the simple act of upholding the principles they so claim to embody.
(2014-09-18, 17:07)MeatGrinder Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, a ripe target then for being made an example for explicit GPLv2 license violations.

So we can publicly nail bluetimes for not following gpl2?
I would to set examples to others
(2014-09-18, 17:49)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-18, 17:07)MeatGrinder Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, a ripe target then for being made an example for explicit GPLv2 license violations.

So we can publicly nail bluetimes for not following gpl2?
I would to set examples to others

Anyone seeking to obtain the written documentation in my possession, just ask.

I eagerly await the opportunity in which I can be of assistance in seeking legal remedy against those responsible for the non-compliant distribution. I have more than just what I posted above. Both from the sales department admitting they have the sources and cannot secure release from the engineering department [their words, not mine] and also the executive manager stating that a new release is forthcoming.
(2014-09-18, 17:44)shomari Wrote: [ -> ]...fickle thoughts and feeble intellect this one possesses. He's been holding court for Nagrace and it makes me wonder why. Unbelievable; and I see myself getting banned from freaktab for the simple act of upholding the principles they so claim to embody.

It's frustrating because we get users coming here saying a modified XBMC included in a ROM from freaktab runs so much better than the official download, then they ask why none of those freaktab dev's are on the Team because they are doing such a good job in improving XBMC, yet we never see any of these changes being contributed back to us for the benefit all.
(2014-09-18, 18:10)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-18, 17:44)shomari Wrote: [ -> ]...fickle thoughts and feeble intellect this one possesses. He's been holding court for Nagrace and it makes me wonder why. Unbelievable; and I see myself getting banned from freaktab for the simple act of upholding the principles they so claim to embody.

It's frustrating because we get users coming here saying a modified XBMC included in a ROM from freaktab runs so much better than the official download, then they ask why none of those freaktab dev's are on the Team because they are doing such a good job in improving XBMC, yet we never see any of these changes being contributed back to us for the benefit all.

...heh. Oh trust me, I know full well what you're talking about.

I myself am having a torturous time over there attempting to explain to freaktab users the simple and plain nature of this latest fiasco concerning the non-compliant xbmc distribution.
(2014-09-18, 18:13)shomari Wrote: [ -> ][...heh. Oh trust me, I know full well what you're talking about.

I myself am having a torturous time over there attempting to explain to freaktab users the simple and plain nature of this latest fiasco concerning the non-compliant xbmc distribution.

I think this sums it up

Quote:"Guess I don't understand this gpl stuff you speak of!"
(2014-09-18, 18:17)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-18, 18:13)shomari Wrote: [ -> ][...heh. Oh trust me, I know full well what you're talking about.

I think this sums it up

Quote:"Guess I don't understand this gpl stuff you speak of!"

...and he also gives 'very little fucks about it', to use his glittery prose. And that's who Nagrace is working with. I'm awaiting a response from Finless.

I've spelled it all out for him and anyone else to see, clear as day. The ball is in his and Nagrace's court now.
I have not seen the "In flagrante delicto" .............. so far it's developers among themselves.
Clear distribution of the .apk to the public and withholding source code when asked is what needs to happen before they can be legitimately targeted.
you need to find it on their customer support download page or inside the box you obtained as a customer..

I still don't think these factories even have access to the source code, the bluetimes-tech mail is ambiguous on that item.
You stated that multiple brands run this code so how can it be bluetimes.
My guess based on what I read:....they hired some coders to make the package and the source is still with the coders..
(2014-09-18, 18:26)Willem55 Wrote: [ -> ]I have not seen the "In flagrante delicto" .............. so far it's developers among themselves.
Clear distribution of the .apk to the public and withholding source code when asked is what needs to happen before they can be legitimately targeted.
you need to find it on their customer support download page or inside the box you obtained as a customer..

I still don't think these factories even have access to the source code, the bluetimes-tech mail is ambiguous on that item.
You stated that multiple brands run this code so how can it be bluetimes.
My guess based on what I read:....they hired some coders to make the package and the source is still with the coders..

Wrong on several points. I don't care to continue to argue this with you.

If and when the issue reaches an actuarial culmination, all proofs will be presented.

You and others are free to spin the yarn until such a time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37