Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Basic remote control question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Is it possible to go from say live TV directly to the XBMC interface with the touch of 1 button on the remote? It doesnt seem like it's possible since the XBMC device (a computer) has a physical connection to the TV. Im trying to avoid toggling though my INPUT selection on my TV.

thanks guys

mm
Why wouldn't that one button be "input"?
yes, but that is an extra step. Im trying to avoid that step and go directly to XBMC with a pre-defined button.
My old TV had IR codes not on the remote for switching inputs - I only found out about them after getting a harmony remote and using the bundled software.
(2014-08-27, 05:14)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]My old TV had IR codes not on the remote for switching inputs - I only found out about them after getting a harmony remote and using the bundled software.

Which harmony remote? I have the lower end 300 model.
A 700 and some other model too.. Have a look in the TV profile in the harmony software.
(2014-08-27, 06:37)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]A 700 and some other model too.. Have a look in the TV profile in the harmony software.

great! thank you