Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to remove the "passthrough audio in use"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there a way to remove the red text on the top right corner of the TV that shows "passthrough audio in use" ? I also have a small red sound icon on the far top left corner. I'm using XBMC 13.1 Gotham. I think i had managed to remove it before but don't seem to remember how.
Its sort of annoying to have a red text always showing when watching a movie.

Hope you guys can help me. I been googling and searching without any luck.

Cheers
press F8
Thanks allot. I still get the red sound icon in the top right corner but atleast there is no text now.
Unmute or turn volume up.
hmm strange, now the F8 dont work, i think last time it went away for some other reason i cant explain Sad
So problem is same as before.

Your right about the mute thing, i see the Volume is set at -60 dB but the problem is if i have the Passthrough enables its greyed out so i cant change it and now when i disable Passthrough its not greyed but stuck on -60 and when i select it and press the righ arrow on keyboard it moves slightly to 59.6 and back to -60 so it dont allow me to change the volume. Feels like a bug or what you guys think ?

EDIT: it behaves strange, now it crashed when enable/disable Passthrough and now when i have Passthrough enable i can turn up the volume so the sound icon goes away and i get only the text.
If i then turn of the Passthrough it goes back to -60 and again its greyed. I cant make sense out of this :/
The HTPC is a NUC D54250WYK with latest drivers and firmware.