Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

* This remote can be bought from EBay (between £12 - £20)

FIX For Windows 32/64bit running XBMC or Kodi (All Versions)

* I found this remote to have issues when using the air mouse to navigate, so the best way to use it is with Mouse Move disabled and navigate with the Direction 'D' Pad instead. This is done using AutoHotKey and a batch file.

USAGE

* Download the universal fix.

* Unzip the folder and run INSTALL.bat

* To start XBMC/Kodi with MouseMove disabled, use the new desktop shortcut.

* To start XBMC/Kodi on boot with MouseMove disabled, copy the new desktop shortcut into your Startup folder located in your start menu.

FIX For all other Platforms running Kodi 15 (Isengard)

If you are using a Platform other than windows, you need to update to Kodi 15 (Isengard) and install the files manually.

USAGE

* Download the universal fix.

* Unzip the folder and Copy the 2 xml files from Keymaps to your Kodi userdata (wiki) Keymaps folder.

* The mouse cursor movement should now be disabled and most of the keys should work as expected.

DOWNLOAD UNIVERSAL FIX

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gr77i6...ersal).zip

v3.0 Changes

* New Windows Installer searches for install directory and checks the version of Kodi automatically. (Thanks rain3x)

v2.1 Changes

* The OK button can now be pressed once to bring up the navigation menu while playing a video (play, pause, stop, skip etc)

* The [ ! ] button will close XBMC/Kodi (useful if an addon crashes)

* Re-mapped Right Mouse Button to Backspace (thanks chchia)

* When starting from the shortcuts supplied, XBMC.bat command window will run minimized to avoid overlapping.

* New AutoHotKey script to detect every virtual key and scan code sent from the remote (ShowKey AHK.ahk), even if ShowKey.exe is unable to detect them!

Instructions [ LARGE ]:

I am looking for a remote for amazon fire tv with keyboard on the flip side.

The amazon fire tv doesn't receive IR so I need to know if this remote uses IR for the directional pad and OK?

Even better if you can tell which buttons are IR.

Alternatively I am considering this remote which I believe is pure 2.4 ghz:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-4G-Wirele...5402282d1b
I have tested all the keys. Only the 4 coloured keys at the bottom (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue) are restricted to IR.

The PG+ / PG- keys can be switched using the TV button. Also, the Power button sends RF on the 1st gen, but only IR on the 2nd gen on the remotes I've tested.

The remaining Keys send pure 2.4GHz RF signals.
ok, cool. So it should work okay with android/Amazon fireTV?
It should, you might have a problem disabling the cursor on an android device as you cannot use AutoHotKey. I recently sold my android box and used my old HTPC so I have no way of testing it fully.

You may be able to change the mouse and keys using this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...iner&hl=en

You would need to remap the mouse buttons:
Code:
Left Mouse Click = Enter (button is 'OK' on remote)
Right Mouse Click = Backspace (button is 'Back' on remote)

Then you could try disabling the cursor in the mouse.xml
Code:
<mousemove>Noop</mousemove>

If you do buy one, report back here and let us know how it goes.
I am using xbmcbuntu 13.2 with mx3 remote. is there any way to permanantely disable mouse on this remote, when I unselect mouse support under xbmc settings, back key stops working too.. is there anyway to use back key with mouse disabled? help will be appreciated.. thanks Smile
I use evrouter to remap mouse-key presses. I have completely disabled Mouse support in Kodi itself.

My evrouter.conf:

Code:
"2.4G 2.4G Wireless Device" "/dev/input/by-id/usb-2.4G_2.4G_Wireless_Device-if02-event-mouse" none key/272 "XKey/Return"
"2.4G 2.4G Wireless Device" "/dev/input/by-id/usb-2.4G_2.4G_Wireless_Device-if02-event-mouse" none key/273 "XKey/BackSpace"

I did however need to run Kodi from fluxbox.

Startkodi.sh
Code:
rm -rf /tmp/.evrouter*
rm -rf /tmp/evrouter.log
/usr/bin/evrouter -c /home/kodi/evrouter.conf -f /dev/input/by-id/usb-2.4G_2.4G_Wireless_Device-if02-event-mouse  >> /tmp/evrouter.log 2>&1 &
while true; do
  /usr/bin/kodi --standalone --nolirc
  sleep 3
done

~/.fluxbox/startup
Code:
fluxbox &
fbpid=$!

sleep 1
{
   # Applications you want to run after fluxbox has started
   # MAKE SURE THAT APPS THAT KEEP RUNNING HAVE AN & AT THE END.
   sh /home/kodi/startkodi.sh &
   # gkrellm2 &
} &

wait $fbpid

And finally:
/etc/init/kodi.conf
Code:
! If you're looking for settings to configure, they won't be saved here until
! you change something in the fluxbox configuration menu.

session.menuFile:    ~/.fluxbox/menu
session.keyFile: ~/.fluxbox/keys
session.styleFile: /usr/share/fluxbox/styles//ubuntu-dark
session.configVersion:    13
session.screen0.toolbar.widthPercent: 100
session.screen0.strftimeFormat: %d %b, %a %02k:%M:%S
session.screen0.toolbar.tools: prevworkspace, workspacename, nextworkspace, clock, prevwindow, nextwindow, iconbar, systemtray
root@MediaCenter:/home/kodi/.fluxbox# cat /etc/init/kodi.conf
# xbmc standalone service

# starts XBMC on startup by using xinit.
# will try to auto respawn for 5 mins if it crashes
# launches xbmc in the "standalone mode" with no xcursor (cursor in xbmc still works)
# by default runs as xbmc, to change edit below.
env USER=kodi

description     "XBMC standalone service"
author          "Matt Filetto"

start on (started dbus and started mountall and net-device-up IFACE!=lo)
stop on runlevel [016]

# tell upstart to respawn the process if abnormal exit
respawn
respawn limit 10 5

# nice level
limit nice 21 21

script
#  exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone -- -nocursor :0" $USER
  exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/startfluxbox -- -nocursor :0" $USER
end script
I have just got this remote. Thank you for your efforts so far, however I do have a couple of questions.

How do you bring the context menu up, without turning the remote over and pressing "C" on the keyboard?

Can the context menu be mapped to the "Menu" key on the front of the remote?
Also, does anyone else find that if the remote is being moved then the "Mouse" button presses (like the "OK" button) do not register? This may have something to do with me not being able to use the batch file as I am running Openelec rather than a windows install.
I'll just add bits as I find them out.

I have added this to my Keymap.xml within the Global section.

Code:
<mouse>
      <leftclick>Select</leftclick>
      <middleclick>noop</middleclick>
      <rightclick>Back</rightclick>
      <doubleclick>noop</doubleclick>
      <wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>noop</wheelup>
      <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    </mouse>

This stops the cursor from ever appearing while keeping the mouse click buttons working. However I still have the issue where the remote must be held still for the button presses to be recognised. I might try changing the <mousedrag> action to Select to see if that helps.

I have also managed to map the remote's "MENU" key to bring up the context menu. My only problem at the moment is the "RETURN" key. For some reason I cannot get this working at all. The Log file doesn't show anything when I push this button, so I cannot map it correctly.
Hi , I'm really new to all this but im guna give it a good go in the next few weeks im having problem with this remote as everyone else is,
I'm looking to reprogram the keys to work just like a wmc remote like the home button Turing on windows media center and the back button to work, but at the moment it just turns internet explorer on there a few other issues but is there a simple fix like updating the driver ? Or a simple software Huh If not no worrys I'll just try my best lol
Hi guys.
I'm looking for a remote/air mouse for my Windows HTPC. I use XBMC but also some other Windows features and apps.

I need to get it locally and cannot buy abroad:
This MX3 is one of the options.
The other one is the Auxtek AM11 (http://www.amazon.com/AUXTEK-2-4GHz-Wire...B00H41IUF0), at the same price as the MX3.
And the last option would be Mele F10 (non Pro), although it's quite more expensive than the other 2.

Would you recommend the MX3 over the other ones? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
(2014-12-18, 22:21)Tyler Durden Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just add bits as I find them out.

I have added this to my Keymap.xml within the Global section.

Code:
<mouse>
      <leftclick>Select</leftclick>
      <middleclick>noop</middleclick>
      <rightclick>Back</rightclick>
      <doubleclick>noop</doubleclick>
      <wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>noop</wheelup>
      <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    </mouse>

This stops the cursor from ever appearing while keeping the mouse click buttons working. However I still have the issue where the remote must be held still for the button presses to be recognised. I might try changing the <mousedrag> action to Select to see if that helps.

I have also managed to map the remote's "MENU" key to bring up the context menu. My only problem at the moment is the "RETURN" key. For some reason I cannot get this working at all. The Log file doesn't show anything when I push this button, so I cannot map it correctly.

Hi Tyler,

I am having the EXACT same issue as you with the "OK" button not selecting when there is mouse movement, after disabling mouse controls on XBMC the way you did. Have you found a solution for this yet? I have a bad feeling that it may have to do with the actual driver or even worse the unit itself, as the click doesn't even register in the XBMC log. Let me know please.

Also, these are keys I have not been able to recognize and therefore map either through XBMC or the OS itself. Not sure how the OP managed to map the "!" key.
* Rewind/Fast Forward buttons
* Zoom in/out buttons
* Back button (right of home) only registers as a right-click no matter what
* Exclamation point button
* Microphone button - No documentation on how to use this!
im looking for remote and this is looking great
all the buttons working with kodi ?
Hello,

First post here, and just registered to let you know how to disable mouse until reactivated. :-)
I do not have this remote yet, but looking around, I found this from Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/2f...te/ckrufbr

Ahh! I found something! If you hit the cursor button, you switch from mouse/keyboard mode to remote mode, which we know.
And when the remote sleeps and wakes up, it goes back to mouse/keyboard mode.
But! Hold that button down for about 2 seconds. It switches to remote mode, and stays there! This is exactly what I was looking for, it's amazing. I've been using it like this, it's perfect. So you can still tap the cursor key again to get back to mouse mode, just remember to hold it down for 2 seconds to lock in remote mode.
Now I just need to figure out the other random issues (remapping the back/home keys to work in XBMC, etc). But I think I might stick it out with this one.

I hope it works! Let us know!
By the way, which one is the CURSOR button, just ordered the remote and want to be ready when it gets here. :-)

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32