Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo advanced settings not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using XBMC Frodo 12.2 and AEON MQ 5 on a QNAP (this is not OS specific) and am having a couple of issues I have not been able to solve:-

1. TV Video-ts folders. I have several DVD documentaries stored in the standard Video-TS folder format which I have added to my XBMC library, but cannot get them to launch directly. The entry appears in the library and allows myself to navigate through the folder structure to the various files, selecting the .ifo or primary VOB file plays OK.

I thought adding the following to my advancedsettings.xml would result in the ifo file being played when the episode was selected in the library:-

</tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO)$</regexp>
<tvshowmatching>

but to no avail. I tried the 'action='append' option as well?

2. Maybe OS specific but occasionally XBMC starts up in 'window' mode, easily corrected by changing to 'fullscreen' in system settings which shows 'window' mode when this occurs, but is annoying. I tried adding this setting to the advancedsettings.xml with no difference:-

<fullscreen>false</fullscreen>

also tried 'true' whith no change?

As a test I also added this entry <splash>false</splash> but the splash screen still appears leading me to suspect I have the advancedsettings.xml in the wrong location. Asked for assistance on the QNAP forum with no response confirming this location is correct:-

:-> /MDO-Data/.qpkg/XBMC/root/.xbmc/userdata

I have two XBMC profiles, the default 'admin or system' and a 'Family' profile. Both behave the same.

3. XBMC exists after an unknown period of time when not in use, never actually seen when this occurs as it happens between each days viewing schedule. Disabeld auto shutdown, screensaver and it still occurs. Any obvious system settings I should look for?
1) Open up the lefthand sidebar menu and turn stacking on.

Not sure on the other two.
Oops:-

</tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO)$</regexp>
<tvshowmatching>

Note the '/tvshowmatching' at the start.http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies/rotfl.png

Unfortunately using Ned's stacking option did not help. Tried every folder structure I can think of, added NFO files manually as this is a 'free magazine' DVD documentary so not listed and still cannot get it too launch the ifo file by simply pressing Play. I can browse through the folder structure (\Multimedia\TV Series\Broom 4-4\Video-TS) when pressing Play which links to the correct Source (\Broome 4-4) then browse into the Video-TS folder but not make it play directly?

the NFO file I created is named '\Broome 4-4\Video_TS\video_ts.nfo' is this correct?

Also, this is the RegExp I used:-

<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO)$</regexp>

what would I need to add to Ember's TV 'File & Sources' Regex list to enable Ember to include the Video_TS folders?