Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2015-01-05, 12:50)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Anyhow, many thanks for your work on Amber!

No problem, it was fun to test to learn about skinning and I have now started work on my own skin (Home, Settings, some Video and PVR are done so far), but I am only working on the design element so no chance to get frustrated with all of the other boring stuff. The skin is mainly based on a Sky TV clone to make it easy for the family and any visitors\babysitters to use as they all have trouble with hidden menus etc. and it takes me 30 minutes to explain how to use the TV every time someone babysits... :-)

If you don't mind me asking what makes up the other '90% boring stuff' as this may impact on if I keep it personal or actually release it to the community. I would prefer to release it so others can try it out but as I don't have much spare time the other stuff may have an impact on that decision.

Thanks

Joe
(2015-01-05, 13:24)joethepartylion Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind me asking what makes up the other '90% boring stuff' as this may impact on if I keep it personal or actually release it to the community. I would prefer to release it so others can try it out but as I don't have much spare time the other stuff may have an impact on that decision.

Are you sure you want to know? Smile Ignorance is a bliss Smile
(2015-01-05, 13:27)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-05, 13:24)joethepartylion Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind me asking what makes up the other '90% boring stuff' as this may impact on if I keep it personal or actually release it to the community. I would prefer to release it so others can try it out but as I don't have much spare time the other stuff may have an impact on that decision.

Are you sure you want to know? Smile Ignorance is a bliss Smile

Yes please, I would rather know what I may be letting myself in for, I can always keep the skin to myself if I don't like the answer, or just give up Smile
(2014-11-30, 20:34)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, it worked. Smile

And another question sticking to music library:
Music -> Large List
How can I make a background (best would be fanarts of the band, or something similar) instead of the blank black background?

yes, this would be good - the black background doesn't look so nice...
Hi there !

I discovered Amber only last few month and i fell in love ! So thanks for this ! Wink

But after upgrading to Openelec 5.0, even v2.0.2 don't work. After installing from zip, there is a message that said the skin is uncomplete...
(2015-01-05, 17:28)etnikkoenig Wrote: [ -> ]But after upgrading to Openelec 5.0, even v2.0.2 don't work. After installing from zip, there is a message that said the skin is uncomplete...

I got that message too trying to install 2.0.2 in Helix on windows, but tried a second time - and what do you know - It worked Wink
(2015-01-05, 19:32)swehawk Wrote: [ -> ]I got that message too trying to install 2.0.2 in Helix on windows, but tried a second time - and what do you know - It worked Wink

You are a lucky man ! Tongue

Even after 5 times, same message...
(2015-01-04, 21:55)noap_ Wrote: [ -> ]After installing from "Get from ZIP file..." I'm being asked if I want to enable the new skin, which I confirm by Yes. After that I'm getting the error:
"unable to load skin: skin is missing some files"

I've tried versions 1.7.1, 1.7.3, 1.7.4, 2.0.0, and 2.0.1, always getting the same error. So it shouldn't be version related.

Running Kodi on Raspberry Pi.

Noone? :\
Hey guys,

I'm new to Amber, and I love it! Thanks for all the hard work Smile

One question I do have...is it possible to somehow add the repository into Kodi, so the updates can be applied automatically rather than doing it manually through a zip file each time?
Hi folks-
I'm on FireTV with a new install of the latest Helix. I'm getting the same message as referenced many times about "directory structure is incorrect". I have downloaded the skin.amber-master.zip and renamed it to skin.amber-2.0.2.zip without any success. I tried many times with different names. Has anyone got Amber working on Kodi Helix on FireTV?

I had it working great in Gotham in my old XBMC install.

Thanks!
Total Kickass pecinko...thanks.
OZman OZeeth

@Sam Lowry
Clean the residuals first if any.
Remove it from
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data
Then install from zip.
If the above doesn't work then unzip the folder and put it in
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
Hope it works.
Ding-a-ling.
Great to have Amber back.
(2015-01-05, 19:50)etnikkoenig Wrote: [ -> ]Even after 5 times, same message...

Hmmm.... Could be that I deinstalled Amber after the first failed install. Maybe......
Gonna try it on my Pi also, but first have to sort out a more urgent problem with raspbmc Helix freezing up Sad
Version 2.0.3 is up!
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

Changes are listed here:
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/commits/master

Still would like to get some feedback about PVR. Many thanks to gismo112 who provided latest PVR fixes on GitHub. Nice teamwork guys Smile
(2015-01-05, 21:51)noap_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-04, 21:55)noap_ Wrote: [ -> ]After installing from "Get from ZIP file..." I'm being asked if I want to enable the new skin, which I confirm by Yes. After that I'm getting the error:
"unable to load skin: skin is missing some files"

I've tried versions 1.7.1, 1.7.3, 1.7.4, 2.0.0, and 2.0.1, always getting the same error. So it shouldn't be version related.

Running Kodi on Raspberry Pi.

Noone? :\

Having the same problem, I can see that the skin is being installed as skin.amber-master.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34