Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, have 2 questions:

1- i presently have XBMC downloaded to my computer, problem is that each time i want to open it, i have to go through the process of redownloading each time, Why is that?

2- i would like to transfer XBMC from my computer to a usb storage so i can run it off my blueray & tv, can i do this?

Thank you
to the first:

where did you downoad it? From here:

http://xbmc.org/download/

to the second:

No. You canĀ“t put XBMC on any stick, stick this thingy then into everything that has a USB port and think this will work Wink.

XBMC in fact always needs an os to run onto. You can choose between linux, android, windows or mac os.
Thank you for your quick response, Yes i did download XBMC through the site you indicated above, used Windows.
XBMC shows up in my downloads as install, but as i said when i want to open it, it start the download installation all over again each time
As far as I am aware, XBMC does not download a new version of itself automatically.
(2014-09-05, 17:32)jack42bauer Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your quick response, Yes i did download XBMC through the site you indicated above, used Windows.
XBMC shows up in my downloads as install, but as i said when i want to open it, it start the download installation all over again each time

That is not possible as there is no way we actually support or even implemented this.
Be aware, that you didn't download a portable version. A installation process is absolutely normal. Let XBMC install and look, of you can run it. It creates a menu entry in the start menu. Look for it.

Greetings
If you keep running the installer, it will install again.
(2014-09-06, 05:30)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]If you keep running the installer, it will install again.

Yep, thats what I was thinking, but wait maybe the op will feel the penny drop.