Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: P2p streams pre-buffer problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I'm using a acestream torrent on p2p streams I get pre-buffering I get a lot of seeds but I'm only getting download speeds of maximum 3kps if I'm lucky at my girlfriends house but at mine It's all fine any help on what this could be or to fix it ? I think it's throttling but surely not to that extent ?
If you suspect throttling you can try the glasnost traffic shaping/throttle test.I`m not sure if it works on android devices but you can always test using a PC/laptop..

broadband(dot)mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

Copy & paste into your browser address bar & replace the dot with a . it`s a legal and above board site I`m just unsure of XBMC/kodi`s external link policy.

P.S there is a thread related to this xbmc/kodi addon on this forum. Smile
Hi I've only got a chrome book laptop it won't run it and don't work on android the provider is bt you know any way at all ?
Lol, if its BT, then its 99.99% certain they will be throttling you between 4PM and midnight unless you are on an 'unlimited' package (this doesn't include standard ADSL2+ and Infinity1). The only way around that is to either use a good (paid for) VPN or switch providers to someone else who throttles less intensively. Talktalk and Sky do not throttle P2P traffic at all.