Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi doesn't work with AMLOGIC new kernel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I upgraded my tv box to its latest firmware days ago. But Kodi coudn't enable hardware decoding any more. I have contacted my box vendor. A programmer told me that they applied the latest code on this update.
What's wrong? What did amlogic change?
Thanks in advance.
Hello zhh_2007,
Amlogic has some cooperation with XBMC before and the hardware acceleration is done by operating decoder device directly from application. Because of Android CTS requirement, it's not allowed to make an application open any device driver as before, which makes the hardware decoding failed totally.

If Google GMS is not needed then XBMC player can get hardware acceleration if the related driver access rules are set in system start up script. Such information is available in Amlogic's Android SDK release notes. You can contact your box vendor to get such information.

BTW, Amlogic's platform also supports general MediaCodec API on Android so it can work in same as other standard Android platform. But current XBMC player still uses Amlogic's codec library.

(2014-09-09, 07:53)zhh_2007 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
I upgraded my tv box to its latest firmware days ago. But Kodi coudn't enable hardware decoding any more. I have contacted my box vendor. A programmer told me that they applied the latest code on this update.
What's wrong? What did amlogic change?
Thanks in advance.