Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install two XBMC versions on same device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody.

I' ve just acquired a Android TV MXBox. This device has preinstalled a old xmbc version (12.2). As far I read in a lot of device specific forums, this is last version that supports hardware acceleration. I don't know if this is true or not...

I was trying and I found some problems in this frodo version with a MPEG2 large files. I don't know if is file or player which had problems but I was unable to jump in time with this file. In order to solve, I installed newer xbmc versions and Kodi's works with this file fine.

Problem is that Kodi release had problems with some mpeg4 files. I roll back to Frodo and it works fine...

In conclusion, I have two questions...

Firstly, do you know if there is a newer xbmc release with full hardware accelaration support for this kind of devices?
And finally, do you know some way to install both xbmc releases? I tried but last one always tries update, I was unable to install them in parallel.

Thanks in advance and congratulations for this software!

PS: Excuse my English, it isn't so good I want...
Suam,
The latest version of xbmc/kodi is Gotham 13.2
Yes you can run 2 different versions of xbmc on your device. xbmc/kodi and then you can put spmc 13.3.2 from Koying.
i use spmc and it works perfectly.
Thanks both for your quick reply. I will try it and I will post if issue is solved.

Bye Wink
mmm... It was worth that I expect Sad

I' ve installed SBMC last release Gotham and it is also unable to play same file like Frodo. In the other hand, I' ve tried with a different files and SBMC plays them worst than XMBC. These files are recorded from DVB-HD in 1080p and it shows them zoomed, showing only one part of video. I was checking configurations but I have been unable to get all video into display.

One question about XBMC / SBMC for Android. All versions I' ve installed shows in video configuration 1280x720 resolution and Windowed mode. It is grey so I can't change it. Android device (MXBox) is running on 1920x1080.
Is there any way to change this option? I think this the problem I have...

Thanks in advance, Suam.
I'm trying to understand, I have similar question, I currently have 13.2 installed on an android device and want to give Kodi a try, can I do that?
You mentioned sbmc but that is gotham only, so you suggest to install that and then I install kodi next to it?
Sam