Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I remove an artwork type from the add art dialog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using Gotham 13.1 with Aeon Nox 5.1.5 on Windows. I wanted to try using a clearlogo on a TV show before I installed the Artwork Downloader add-on. So I downloaded one from fanart.tv, put it in my Archer folder and named it logo.png

Then I went to the tv show info panel to add artwork but the only options were poster and fanart so I pressed add art and it wanted me to type something. I didn't know what I was supposed to type so I typed Archer and then proceeded to navigate to the file. That didn't work.

Now I've got Archer listed as an artwork type in that dialog. How do I get rid of it?
Set it to none?
I chose Archer from the list in the add art dialog and assigned "no art" to it but that didn't remove it from the list of art types.
Did I misunderstand what you meant?
No you didn't misunderstand, that is what I meant. Did you exit from the Info panel after removing the logo? Once you re-enter the Info panel it may repopulate without the logo artwork.

Kodi will offer you the artwork types that are present in your library so if you're continuing to see logo offered that would suggest it's still present against one or more tvshows. It's possible that setting it to no art has just left it still in the media library but with a blank (empty) url. You could use the script in my sig to remove it (./texturecache.py set tvshow # art.clearlogo "", where # is the tvshowid shown by ./texturecache.py jd archer).
Yes I exited the infopanel but the clearlogo is still there.

That's because I had previously run the Artwork Downloader add-on against all my TV folders so they ALL have clearlogos now, also banners, clearart, landscape, character art, etc. and yes kodi has populated the list of artwork types with the new art it has found.

But the "Archer" artwork type was something I created and then tried to assign art to, so I don't know if it makes a difference whether the types are created externally (by me) versus internally (by kodi)

The Archer artwork type appears as an option on any TV show I want to add art to (not movies though) but there is no artwork assigned to that option for any of them.

I installed Python and tried to run your script but got an error. Clearly I am out of my depth with that.

I was hoping this was maybe just a variable in some xml file that I could edit but no such luck I guess.
Ah sorry, getting confused about the artwork types.

It sounds like the "Archer" artwork is still in your media library, and most likely with a blank value (url). Try the script to view the tvshow metadata for Archer and confirm what artwork is assigned to the tvshow.

Use the script to remove specific artwork - if you've got an artwork named "Archer" for tvshowid 42 and wish to remove it, assign a blank value with the command
Code:
./texturecache.py set tvshow 42 art.Archer ""

(2014-09-19, 06:19)Gnome Sane Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Python and tried to run your script but got an error. Clearly I am out of my depth with that.
Can't really help without knowing the error.

(2014-09-19, 06:19)Gnome Sane Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping this was maybe just a variable in some xml file that I could edit but no such luck I guess.
Correct, it's in the SQLite (possibly MySQL) database.
(2014-09-19, 06:31)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-19, 06:19)Gnome Sane Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Python and tried to run your script but got an error. Clearly I am out of my depth with that.
Can't really help without knowing the error.

I put the script and the config file in the python folder so I'm probably just running it in the wrong folder but CD doesn't seem to work in this command line

You're on Windows so don't start the command with ./ - that's a Linux convention. Try without ./ entirely, so "texturecache.py jd archer" etc.
Yeah I tried that in the screenshot.
No, you tried it from with the Python interpreter where it's not a valid command/syntax. Exit from Python with "quit()" and then try again without ./ at the Windows shell command line.

If you still get an error (because the Python executable isn't on your PATH) then you may need to prefix the command with python.exe, ie. "python.exe texturecache.py jd archer" etc.
You've downloaded the html web page, not the texturecache.py source code.

Are the instructions in the thread somehow not sufficiently clear?
Quote:Download the single Python script file - use "Save as" in your browser

Open the above link in your browser - it should be monospaced text on a plain white background, the first line being:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
Click on "Save as" in your browser. Save it as "texturecache.py".
I guess I saved the link, not sure why that would be different. Anyway

gotta catch some zzz's now
Delete the configuration you created, it's full of crap too. You don't need a configuration if you're running the script on the same machine as Kodi, and the xbmc folder is in the "standard" location.
@millhouse, I think that the OP's means is he did 'add art' and entered Archer so in the view he has Poster, Fanart, and Archer as options. He wants to remove that from the art view, not actually remove the logo associated, am I correct?

@Gnome Sane, if you've installed AD, then there should be under choose art an 'auto' mode, just run that, that will download all the available artwork and also create the 'clearlogo' etc. etc. in the choose art view, which is what you were trying to do initially.
Pages: 1 2