Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to play & shuffle all videos in a library folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly new to Kodi - currently running Gotham release, but have played around for the past few months so I am familiar with the interface and basic setting & configuration, howveer havent been able to figure this one out on my own.

I have a music video folder / library which I have set up on my home screen (Aon Nox, however I don't believe this is pertinent, nor do I mind changing to confluence if needs be).
Music videos are periodically copied into this folder. I would like to be able to simply & quickly play & shuffle all music videos in my library without having to creating or add new music videos to an up to date playlist containing all videos.
Is this possible and any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
if you are using the library, it's a simple http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_playlist - set to order by random to shuffle.

if you just want to play a folder, hit 'play' on the *folder*. shuffle is a general player control, set it on in the left hand side menu. this would also work for a library folder as such (i.e. hit 'play' on the music video node).
What ironic_monkey said. I normally have shuffle enabled and I just select a show and press the play button, instead of select. I do this almost daily with old sci-fi shows :D