Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi disc album oddity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have added my digital albums into the Music Library via an SMB share. For the most part everything is fine but I have four multi-disc albums that refuse to accept that they're a single album. ID3 tags are all present, correct, and other multi-disc albums are working fine.

All of the troublesome albums are "Now that's what I call music...", specifically 33, 38, 51 and 1980 from the Millennium series. In the library these albums are presented as such...

Library >
-Now that's what I call music 33 >
--01 - Queen - Too Much Love Will Kill You
--20 - Oasis - Live Forever

-Now that's what I call music 33 >
--01 - Lighthouse Family - Lifted
--20 - Technohead - I Wanna Be A Hippy

Whereas other 'Now' albums appear in the library as...

Library >
-Now that's what I call music 88 >
--01 - Ella Henderson - Ghost
--22 - Idina Menzel - Let It Go
--01 - Clean Bandit - Rather Be
--23 - Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This

The folder structure on the share, for all 'Now' albums, goes...

Various Artists - NOW ## >
-Now ## CD1
-Now ## CD2

There are no cue (or other structural) files present, just the tracks and a folder.jpg for each album. Discs are identified by ID3 Disc Number in the format 1/2 and 2/2 and all show as expected in the likes of iTunes (with Home Sharing).

So, can any of you kind folk tell me where I'm going wrong please?

Thank you.
Could be a release thing, some releases made in some countries have different track nrs or tracks in general, so the tags also carry these distinctions.

There's a setting in xbmc Settings/Music#Library (wiki) that says Override song tags with online information, if you dont want what its tagged to be overridden then dont select this, and if thats not the case, consider the release info which is in that tag belong to the wrong release.
(2014-09-22, 18:39)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Could be a release thing, some releases made in some countries have different track nrs or tracks in general, so the tags also carry these distinctions.

There's a setting in xbmc Settings/Music#Library (wiki) that says Override song tags with online information, if you dont want what its tagged to be overridden then dont select this, and if thats not the case, consider the release info which is in that tag belong to the wrong release.

Thanks for the reply.

They're all UK releases, mostly from 7Digital, the rest imported from my original collection. I painstakingly went through all of the tags a few years back and have kept everything to an OCD level of order ever since (including going back through adding Album Artist).

Prior to posting I copied the database to another location, added Now 33 to the library on its own using the override for information. It still displayed it as two separate albums with the same name, one of the albums containing tracks from disc 1 and the other disc 2.
Typical, I just figured it out. Anyway, here it is for anyone interested...

The Album Artist ID3 tag on disc 1 was "Various artists" while on disc 2 it was "Various Artists". I'm not sure why as I filled Album Artist information on the Now albums as a complete batch so the case should be identical. MP3 Tag was showing the Album Artist as "Various Artists" for the album as a whole, single disc and individual tracks. It was only when I fired up XBMC via my web browser that the case difference was evident.

I'm still not sure why, after tagging the album from an online source, the issue persisted but I'm happy now and, uNiversal, I very much appreciate your reply, thanks again.
yw, glad you sorted it in the end thats the result thats matters most.