Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2D Spectrum, visualization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@popcornmix - i attached my rbpi just to see what you see - ohh man. Judge yourself:

rbpi (smooth 20 fps or so i guess):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037..._raspi.jpg

wetek (around 1fps):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037..._wetek.jpg

Both are the version from your repo. WTF - is wetek just crap on the gles side or what?
heh, remembers me of the old VGA days Smile
(2015-06-01, 19:52)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Both are the version from you repo. WTF - is wetek just crap on the gles side or what?

Possibly. We know it doesn't support high precision in the shaders so the shader support may be limited.
I'm surprised it is both slow and blocky - you'd have thought that blocky image could be produced more quickly...
Yeah - all in all its disappointing - i guess amlogic didn't pay much attention to gles/shader support ... Wink

I should try to compile an android version and see if this behaves the same on android on the wetek if i find some time ...
that's odd Memphiz - on my WETEK build (from seo) I get perfect images (like the "cellular" one is crisp 1080p), but only a still frame, no animation regardless how long I wait.
@da-anda - yep cellular is sharp (and moving at about 2 fps here) ... but try "Noise animation lava" and you should see the same as my screenshot shows.

@popcornmix - i tried it on android on wetek - looks the same Smile (hey at least its not an openelec issue haha).

Another odd thing. First start of the screensaver after reboot its pretty fast (maybe 15 - 20 fps) ... but it slows down on each new start of the screen saver preview until it crawls ...

Update: - final observation

1. the screensavers perform similar to rbpi on wetek the frist seconds after rebooting the box (including fine granular visuals!)
2. No matter if a screensaver is running or not - with increased uptime of the box
a. they slow down to a crawl
b. the pixelsize increases to Giant mode at least for most of the fluid like shaders.

Once again WTF
I'm not sure, but I think it might be nicer if the list of available Shadertoy shaders would be stored in a XML and not be part of the C++ code. Would allow for easier tweaking and testing without having to recompile stuff
(2015-06-02, 11:01)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure, but I think it might be nicer if the list of available Shadertoy shaders would be stored in a XML and not be part of the C++ code. Would allow for easier tweaking and testing without having to recompile stuff

Definitely. Anyone know how to dynamically create a settings "select" list?
I've seen this done in the main kodi code, but the add-on settings system is less functional than the main settings code.
Any other add-ons that create dynamic settings lists?
btw - it's sort of a PITA to test every screen saver shader - having the ability to test the shader from within the configuration dialog would be awesome (so some sort of "test configuration" button along with the OK/Apply one). Not only for the Shadertoy screen saver but for anyone with settings, so this would require a core change.

edit:
@popcornmix - ping @Montellese (PM or mail) - he should know
(2015-06-02, 12:27)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02, 11:01)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure, but I think it might be nicer if the list of available Shadertoy shaders would be stored in a XML and not be part of the C++ code. Would allow for easier tweaking and testing without having to recompile stuff

Definitely. Anyone know how to dynamically create a settings "select" list?
I've seen this done in the main kodi code, but the add-on settings system is less functional than the main settings code.
Any other add-ons that create dynamic settings lists?

+50

I just bumped into that one. Wanted to try some other shadertoy shaders. man, this stuff is addictive.
By the way. I almost bought a Wetek but now shadertoy is on my must have list I had to rethink that. For now I will stick with my Rpi Bv1.0
Then stay away from mali 400 in general ...
(2015-06-02, 12:27)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Any other add-ons that create dynamic settings lists?

No idea, possibly the Audio DSP add-on stuff Huh
(2015-06-03, 20:23)Gregoire Wrote: [ -> ]

I just bumped into that one. Wanted to try some other shadertoy shaders. man, this stuff is addictive.
By the way. I almost bought a Wetek but now shadertoy is on my must have list I had to rethink that. For now I will stick with my Rpi Bv1.0

Actually here is a cheat way of testing without recompiling.

1) Paste the test shader code into a already existing .glsl file in the addon resources
2) Select any other preset then immediately select the preset which you modified

Should work. Did for me.

You only need recompiling if adding a new shader to the fold.
@uNiversal
this will work but not always. a shader requires a texture as an example.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13