Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2D Spectrum, visualization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Its not without its caveats.

If a texture is required and on a specific channel if you cant find a suitable existing shader, with texture. and modify iChannel0/1/2 etc than you have to recompile.

In any case by looking the sources from shadertoy and how the vis works you should be able to pick one that has more or less same requirements, if not possible then oh well. it takes like 5 seconds to recompile.

It mostly works for any vis I tested since it was music visualisations.
(2015-05-31, 16:19)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-31, 16:08)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]a screensaver add-on for shadertoy has already been created and is part of nightly RPI builds by Milhouse Smile

You can install onto Gotham builds with this repo:
https://github.com/popcornmix/repository...ornmix.zip

Download the zip file and install from setting/addons.
And then install from the new popcornmix repo the screensaver and visualization.

Select shadertoy screensaver in appearance/screensaver settings
Select shadertoy visualisation in music/playback settings

You can change the screensaver preset in screensaver settings.
You can change the visualisation preset when music is playing. Switch to fullscreen mode, bring up controls (enter) and select preset (rightmost "mountain" control in confluence).

Only tested on Pi, but they might work on other ARM platforms.

I am using Openelec 5.0.8 and installed your repo and just the Visualization add-on (I am not interested in the screensaver), After enabling the visualization in Music Settings nothing is displayed when playing music. I am using Xperience1080 skin.

Am I doing anything wrong?
(2015-06-07, 19:41)soyxan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-31, 16:19)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-31, 16:08)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]a screensaver add-on for shadertoy has already been created and is part of nightly RPI builds by Milhouse Smile

You can install onto Gotham builds with this repo:
https://github.com/popcornmix/repository...ornmix.zip

Download the zip file and install from setting/addons.
And then install from the new popcornmix repo the screensaver and visualization.

Select shadertoy screensaver in appearance/screensaver settings
Select shadertoy visualisation in music/playback settings

You can change the screensaver preset in screensaver settings.
You can change the visualisation preset when music is playing. Switch to fullscreen mode, bring up controls (enter) and select preset (rightmost "mountain" control in confluence).

Only tested on Pi, but they might work on other ARM platforms.

I am using Openelec 5.0.8 and installed your repo and just the Visualization add-on (I am not interested in the screensaver), After enabling the visualization in Music Settings nothing is displayed when playing music. I am using Xperience1080 skin.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Was my mistake, Xperience1080 disables visualizations by default. Now is working.
(2015-05-31, 17:56)topfs2 Wrote: [ -> ]I will probably move out all shadertoy specifics out to something which both screensaver and such could reuse. I would love a live wallpaper one too and might take a stab at supporting it. The biggest hurdle here is probably that we don't have any "background" support now for skins, the skins which lets you customize handles it themselves. So not really sure how to implement it so its nice for skinners. One idea could simply be a live wallpaper control were the skinner states exactly which addon to use, then it would work roughly the same as an image control.

I've been away last week on vaccation but my idea is to start going through the PRs next week and merge in some stuff, nice to see people interested in it and the help is greatly appreciated!

Somewhat offtopic but.

Well if something like that was supported in Kodi it would also resolve another issues, you could also start adding Blurring effects and other filter type effects to Kodi and allow skinner to use these. The blurring would fix the Spoilers in thumbnails issue (some other thread)
(2015-06-05, 14:12)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-03, 20:23)Gregoire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02, 11:01)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure, but I think it might be nicer if the list of available Shadertoy shaders would be stored in a XML and not be part of the C++ code. Would allow for easier tweaking and testing without having to recompile stuff

I just bumped into that one. Wanted to try some other shadertoy shaders. man, this stuff is addictive.
By the way. I almost bought a Wetek but now shadertoy is on my must have list I had to rethink that. For now I will stick with my Rpi Bv1.0

Actually here is a cheat way of testing without recompiling.

1) Paste the test shader code into a already existing .glsl file in the addon resources
2) Select any other preset then immediately select the preset which you modified

Should work. Did for me.

You only need recompiling if adding a new shader to the fold.

Funny enough, that's exactly what I did even before i read your post..only for it to crash my Rpi.
So, if I like shadertoy i should stay away from mali 400?
The only thing that crash kodi outright for me are.

Polar Beats by sauj123
Revision 2015 Livecoding Round 1 by mu6kl

And its a x86 should be enough to test those.
@popcornmix
I'd just like to inform you that the shadertoy visualisation works on my Ubuntu 14.04 based Odroid-XU (Samsung Exynos 5410) with Kodi 14.2. The interesting thing about that is that I have to use libhybris+Android binaries for anything OpenGLES/EGL related as there are no proper Linux sgx drivers for that board.
Going to test on Odroid-C1 soon which should be less of an adventure because the driver situation is better.
As an avid music user I'm always interested in visualizations. What ever came from this? I downloaded popcornmix repo but it's showing empty for me. I'm using Isengard 15.2 on Windows 7. Any chance to see this happen in future releases?
Im not sure what you mean, visualization.shadertoy works and Ive added the 2D Led spectrum so as far as I know it works 100% + I added other visualizations...

You need to compile it yourself if you want to make used of them but its not hard to compile.
(2015-10-24, 12:50)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]As an avid music user I'm always interested in visualizations. What ever came from this? I downloaded popcornmix repo but it's showing empty for me. I'm using Isengard 15.2 on Windows 7. Any chance to see this happen in future releases?

My repo only supports GLES2 platforms. You'll need a different one for Windows.
Thought so about the platforms. Thanks for answering. And something being easy to compile is very likely true for someone who has compiled anything before. However I haven't. My obstacles to overcome not only include that but also there seem to be so many different forks: Popcornmix, topfs2, notspiff if I'm correct. If there is any version working on windows I'd very much appreciate some further instructions.
Shadertoys is included by default now in nightly builds for Windows.

@popcornmix i suggest you guys work out what will be the "upstream" repo for it.
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addo....shadertoy

perhaps our team repo?
Ah cool, thanks for answering, Martijn.
(2015-10-24, 13:43)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Shadertoys is included by default now in nightly builds for Windows.

@popcornmix i suggest you guys work out what will be the "upstream" repo for it.

perhaps our team repo?

meh https://github.com/afedchin/screensaver.shadertoy is not based on topfs and is missing the my 2d led spectrum visualization and it says only for DX11? So which one is for Linux?

Edit scrap that, that is a screensaver not a music visualization.shadertoy

Still whats happening with the visualization one then from topfs2?
(2015-10-24, 13:43)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Shadertoys is included by default now in nightly builds for Windows.

perhaps our team repo?

I'd like it to be in the team repo, but you need a different binary add-on for linux with OpenGL and linux with OpenGLES but I don't know a good way of handling that (apart from just in the add-on name and trusting users won't install the wrong one).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13