Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new to XBMC need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy all;

Currently I have XBMC Windows 7 64 bit installed on my PC this is where all my movies TV Shows etc. I have this working 100% and LOVE IT, only takes 5 minutes to add thousands of movies and TV Shows its GREAT!!!

I am now converting my 2 boxee boxes over to XBMC, I started doing the first one yesterday via a USB it booted up no problem and I had no problems, however to load all of my movies 1 day later and its still going.

I have read about these MySQL databases, as I have never made one before its a little over my head. What I am wondering, is it possible to point the boxee boxes to a library on my computer so it doesn't have to load every movie etc itself and take FOREVER.

Any help is much appreciated, I have been goggling for over a day now and im tearing my hair out
There's MySQL (wiki) and UPnP/Share (wiki).
that is awesome thanks a LOT.... I more question for you, with the UPNP sharing is it possible to get all my movies and tv shows on the home screen so I dont have to go through videos > Files etc?
Thanks, I found how to do it, it's a upnp skin, even let's me continue tv shows from 1 room to another.
I have found another Little problem I can't seem to connect my boxee box running xbmc to wifi, is there a setting for this or do I need to download an add on for it to connect to my home wireless

Thanks again
I found the problem you need to connect to wifi through boxee hacks then start xbmc for it to work