Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin feature requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-04, 06:21)bhand35 Wrote: [ -> ]Here are two things I think would be great, both on the widgets on the home screen
- Have watched marker on movies you've seen
- Have number of episodes left marker for a tv show
Thanks and keep up the great work
+1
279036 (thread)

Love to see something like this for this amazing skin. Even better if the OSD paused menu looked like it.
(2016-11-06, 23:32)sciascia88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is it possible to press "left" instead of "right" to open submenus while main menu is in verticle mode?

Thanks.

Edit:

I edited "IncludesHomeVertical.xml" to open the submenu on a left press, do nothing on another left press, and return focus to the main menu and close the submenu on a right press. Everything works correctly. Will I have to do this every time the skin is updated? Would it be possible to get a toggle in a future version to let the left press submenu be an option, or is it not something that is high on the list of important things?

Thanks again, I really like the skin!

+tempo buttons added to player controls if possible.
(2014-10-02, 12:33)logan_x50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-01, 13:13)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]There's no startup sound defined. I think you mean the "notify" sound when there's an info/error dialog.
That's just the default MediaPortal sound.

You're 100% right. I just heard the noise when the info message popped up when some add-on was being updated. Any chance you can kill it? I'm not sure you need it, the info pop-up is sufficient...to my ears the sound is a bit grating and I don't want to disable sounds altogether

8 ball pool is where I recognize the sound from.
Doesn't know if someone requested it already but I would like to have Advanced Emulator Launcher completly integrated
To be honest I haven't read all the 129 pages so maybe my request has already been posted, but what about the artist slideshow addon integration, is this something possible?
When using pvr and you press info on the summary list screen then you get a dialog box with details of the programme and a single option to play the recording.

Could we have an "extended info" button there too? Or, if already scrapped, could we get film stars rating in the dialog?

Thank you so much for your efforts.
Marcel - is it possible to have toggle options in the skin settings for what media flags are shown? For example, if I didn't want the aspect and language flags shown but keep the rest?
(2016-11-11, 14:18)mattyspurs76 Wrote: [ -> ]279036 (thread)

Love to see something like this for this amazing skin. Even better if the OSD paused menu looked like it.

Hi
I agree for the casting,...But with tiny labels
Question : Is it possible to have animated covers only in movie detail and not in the list of movies ?
regards
Hi guys! Here's some features I'd like to see within Titan:

Animated Fanart Support (in all views)

Fullscreen Fanart within Netflix view (really dark while keeping the smaller one on the right corner), and animate it

Display Original Title above movie genres/year and co. within the Netflix view

Make the notification bar way smaller, like a notification bubble (like Windows/Steam does for exemple, on the bottom right of the screen) rather than an full bar to show the Now Playing or whatever other notifications may appear (Next Aired, Artwork Downloader...)

Support for Advanced Emulator Launcher (the new fork of Advanced Launcher) allowing us to see the Screenshot, Fanart, Box Art, Cartdrige and all (And why not a custom view for it)

Allowing color change in main menu according to the menu selected if that is possible (Like be able to have blue themed Titan for Movies/TV Shows/Settings... but switch to red one when Youtube/Netflix is selected)

Smoke effect on background? I've seen it if I remember well in Aeon MQsomething, thought it would be kick ass to have it within Titan!

I know it's hell of a lot of requests! Just giving some ideas Wink
(2016-10-10, 22:15)malvinas2 Wrote: [ -> ]I see, nevertheless I still support the local solution ;-)
A centralised solution poses new questions, e.g. which server should be used? fanart.tv and tmdb.com are already groaning under far too heavy a load, what happens if the server is not available, who decides in case of disputed entries which one to keep etc.
What I was thinking about is the priority between options like character splitter, ignoring words and a list. I believe first of all the list has to be searched for the entry, if nothing is found the other options should apply.

The latest beta incorporates many changes to the pvr artwork scraper. You can now setup a bunch of filters and generally the scraper is improved to detect common "mistakes" in the guide titles.
(2016-10-17, 05:45)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]I really, really like what Emby has done with their TV library views - specifically, "Suggestions" page. They have added the episode information BELOW the thumb artwork without doing an overlay, it retains the beauty of the artwork.

I know some people did not like the Titan widget change to show the season poster and it's not quite what I was hoping it would be either. I think what would make everybody happy would be to emulate what Emby has done.

As it is now, the episode information overlays and covers up the artwork (be it poster or thumb), it really detracts from the beauty of the artwork. What Emby has done is to simply put the info below the artwork. It's simplistic, yet elegant and it works great! Doing this in Titan would be fantastic. I understand it would cause some adjustments in some of the views to add an info box below the poster, but in most cases (Modern Big Vertical Home Layout), vertical real estate isn't much of an issue.

Bonus request: If you can figure out how Emby tinted the info box below the artwork to match the thumb artwork colors, that would blow my mind!

Can you make a screenshot of what it is you're looking for ?
(2016-10-17, 17:00)Quaraxkad Wrote: [ -> ]In short, the file browser displays *everything* exactly the way I want it to be displayed (because my folder organization is impeccable), the only exception being that the preferred view modes have to be re-set every time a new folder is opened. I guess there is one more thing that may or may not be related to your skin... I have an external program (that I wrote myself) to download artwork and save it to the series and season folders. In the series folder I have "fanart.jpg" (which displays as a background when a series folder is highlighted), and in the season folders I have "fanart.jpg" (which displays as the background when a season folder is highlighted) and "folder.jpg" (which displays season posters when a season folder is highlighted). When entering a season folder, the fanart background is not displayed at all, I presume it's looking for "Highlighted FileName_fanart.jpg"? Is there any way to make it use that folders fanart.jpg instead of the highlighted item?

I will look into the forced view for path thing once I'm busy with the forced views section. I already did some optimizations to it but didn't have the chance yet to look into your request. i was kind of surprised to hear that Kodi doesn't remember the view on it's own. As for the fanart, make sure you have a fanart.jpg at season level too.

(2016-10-17, 17:00)Quaraxkad Wrote: [ -> ]My brother uses Emby and I have considered both that and Plex. I'm hoping to avoid them because it's kind of a sledgehammer for what I feel is (or at least should be) a relatively small nail... I'm also not sure that I wouldn't end up with many of the same problems that require lots of manual intervention to fix or customize. My TV archive is over 1,000 series and 43,000 episodes. Manually checking all of those to ensure the level of accuracy I require is something I'm not willing to do! I would vastly prefer *no* metadata vs *wrong* metadata.
Well looking at your use cases I still think this will be a very viable option for you. The main reason I say this is because with emby you'll have maximum control over your media and the scrapers. It has a builtin metadata editor so you can easily change stuff the way you want it. Also you can just simply disable the scrapers or decide yourself what info you want etc.

Maybe you should give it a quick test spin on a small testsetup ? Go through the options and disable stuff you don't like etc.
once you've setup Emby to your likings you can install the kodi addon and have your metadata the way you want it in Kodi, the Kodi scrapers are completely skipped in that case.
(2016-10-18, 22:06)nfgb Wrote: [ -> ]Just another thing. Is it possible to show the rating in the movie/tv show detailed info (on top of the widget) or to jump to the detail of the movie from the item of the widget?

You can press the <info> key and you will get the fullscreen info for the item.
(2016-10-21, 18:13)malvinas2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add the option "Deactivate Exra-fanart" in the Netflix-view and maybe extend the plot information in this view by one additional line ?

Done, available in next beta