Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Screensaver is off. I changed prefetch from 7 to4. I'll see if this helps.

Thanks
Using patched version. Thanks for the upgrades!
No problem.  Thanks for trying the patch.  For some reason, I am not getting notified although I am subscribed, so I will try and answer a few of the past questions.  This assume you are using the latest patched version 0.9.3a

For Rocko, One of the advantages of the patch upgrades is that it will allow premium subscribers to get the max 320 b/s data rate on music.  The issue with that is when Pandora server slows down, it will take longer to download the music before Kodi can play it. Termination of playing music by Kodi is normally caused by Kodi completing the last song to the extent it was downloaded. My suggestion for those with premium subscriptions is to set Pandoki to Cache Only and possibly increase the Concurrent Downloads to a higher number or reduce the audio quality.  Audio quality for premium starts at 320 b/s and goes down while free subscribers start at 128 b/s.  I see the bit rate on my Kodi remote for iOS when in Now Playing mode.  Concurrent downloads should be set so that the music can complete the download before all queued music has completed playing.  I find that 3 works well for free subscribers when the music file sizes vary considerably.  As part of the patch, the logging has been enhanced, so you can always take a look at the kodi.log and see what happened.

Just a little busy right now, but if you see anything, let me know.  I will try to make the updates.
Hi 
Is there a way to sort stations by most recently played?
I will check.
For those that would like to use the autoplay the last station you were listening to option you can add this one command to the default.py file within pandoki 0.9.3.

Look for this section in the default.py file...
Code:
run = Prop('run') # only start up once
if (not run) or (float(run) < (time.time() - 3)):
    run = Pandoki()
else: run = False

xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayerControl(Stop)") # add this line

if search:
    if search == 'hcraes':
        search = xbmcgui.Dialog().input('%s - Search' % Val('name'), Prop('search'))

On the remote control for my Samsung TV the Exit button returns me to my list of stations. You might need to experiment to find the right button.

I'm sure there's a better command to use than mine. But, hey, it works.

My setup is a raspberry pi 3 running the latest LibreELEC (8.2.3).

I even came up with a way to exit Pandoki, while it's playing, back to the main screen of Kodi (without having to back your way out). It involves a simple python script file that's called by mapping a key on the remote. It's quite simple.

Hope this helps.

Later...
I don't know if this has anything to do with the patch but I have Pandoki working perfectly and no timeouts on 0.5.0.

Only thing is I have to have automatic update turned off or it keeps updating to 0.9.3 and won't work.
I love the addon.  I can't seem to get the ratings to work.  I put it in expert mode as I like to use the skip for 30 days feature.   When I am on the playlist pressing "2" or "1" on my remote doesn't do anything.  I tried pressing the same keys on my keyboard and it didn't do anything.  Do I have to actually select stars rather than press a button on the remote?  I don't have any other option for rating it seems (maybe due to my skin?).  The context menu doesn't give me a ratings option.
I’m using 0.9.3 and it seems to be working great with the exception that it’s not saving the tracks and from looking at the mdates it hasn’t been for maybe 6 months or more. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this?
(2018-04-27, 17:19)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]I’m using 0.9.3 and it seems to be working great with the exception that it’s not saving the tracks and from looking at the mdates it hasn’t been for maybe 6 months or more. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this?

Updated to 0.9.3a and problem solved. Not sure how I missed the new update? Notifications seem to be getting rather hit and miss.😏
The reason you won't find 0.9.3a is because I did a branch from the main trunk and made the changes for 0.3.9a in the branch. gominoa did an outstanding job of creating the app, but it needed some critical updates and I needed to disable some features that were against the license agreement, so I just did a fork instead of updating the main.  I figured he would do a merge if he wanted the changes. So how to find the update 0.9.3a.  If you believe, like I do, that he is not coming back, then you can update the repository in Kodi. Remove the gominoa repo in the "Install from repository" list and point to and install the repository at
https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbm....rocky4546
It will grab Pandoki from the area I am updating.  You will notice the music is twice the quality, more logging and notices on the screen and it will work when Pandora is running slow.
I recommend using the setting Track Handling: "Cache Only" with a "Concurrent Downloads" of either 3 or 4.
(2018-04-29, 01:23)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend using the setting Track Handling: "Cache Only" with a "Concurrent Downloads" of either 3 or 4.

Thanks. Will this also disable saving the tracks locally?
Yes, you are correct.  I could not in good faith do the upgrades while the Pandora license, we all accepted, clearly states that saving off music from Pandora is not allowed.  That capability was disabled in order for me to make the updates. As an example, if you have a Pandora One license, Pandoki will now play at 320kbps instead of 64kbps in 0.9.3. You are still free to use the older version which has that capability.
This is a great addon
It's working very well with the Amber skin, but I see no way to toggle between the profiles. I have them registered in the configuration, but how do I get to them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38