Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Most of what I did was to port the Python 2 parts to Python 3.  A few of the older XBMC/Kodi functions had been removed in Kodi 19 Matrix, so I updated those to the newer ones as I found them in the various Kodi docs.  I left most of the plugin alone except for taking another look at the main loop.

I like this Kodi Pandora plugin a lot, because at this point, Kodi runs on many different operating systems, and it's very portable.  Plus, with the proxy built in, you probably could run it anywhere.

I wrote a Pandora plugin for Volumio, and it was a real challenge for me, since I was new to NodeJS / Javascript.  If anyone is interested in Raspberry Pi audio, you might like it.  There is another guy who has a Chromecast plugin, and with it, you can cast Pandora to your Google Home / Google Chromecast Audio devices.  I think that's pretty cool.

I'd like to check out the other Pandora API that @"rcmccaslin" mentioned.  If that's a step forward, I'd consider changing my Volumio plugin.

Anyway, I thought I was getting the posts for this thread but I just read these posts today.  I'll pay more attention now.

So yeah, do whatever you want with the small changes I made, rocky4546.  It sounds like you're going to do an overhaul to it anyway.

Take it light!
(2020-12-02, 18:55)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]rocky4546 here. My version of pandoki is still being worked.  Kodi devs are having me update a number of apps to matrix, so quite busy at the moment.  I will take a look at the updates and get a new release out in the next few weeks.  Do to the divergence of two apps I will probably rename the app at this point for the matrix release.  I have been waiting for the kodi full migration to python3 for a while, since many of the libraries the original author used were written in python3.
If you are working on updating a number of apps any chance you could look at IHeart Radio for Matrix?

The developer hasn't visited the forum since February.

Thanks
(2020-12-02, 22:43)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]The old version is at
https://github.com/gominoa/gominoa-xbmc-addons
the new version is at
https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbmc-addons
The major changes made from the old version include:
  1. Compliant with licensing agreement
  2. Buffering fixes to keep the pandora server from disconnecting
  3. 4X higher quality audio stream from Pandora (360K with purchased license)
  4. Upgrades to the external pandora interface libraries from pithos
Anyway, that is it in a nutshell.
Higher quality audio would blow my mind if it's true.  But I can't get more than 192kbps bitrate with paid Pandora Premium using 0.9.4a/Kodi 18.  I had expected that because it's the same with other similarly creative 3rd party apps (Not Kodi) like Pianobar and Pandorian.   It's always 128kbps with Free, and 192 kbps with Premium.  It's been my understanding that's the best quality Pandora provide.  Assume you meant 320kbps and not 360kbps, so if there's a way to get 320kbps quality please do tell.  I've checked the cached mp3s and they are 192kbps.  I miss the audio codec info feature from older kodi versions but the cache is enough to tell for sure.  

So if there's any chance of better than 192kbps I'd love to know, but if not, it's great to know this plugin is still being worked on because it works great for me.  Thanks for all your work.
I checked and you are correct.  Pandora One provides a max of 192K.  The external libraries we use requests higher, but Pandora will only provide the 192K for One users per Pandora.

I have incorporated truckershitch Matrix updates and should have a checked in matrix version available sometime tomorrow.  As for matrix, it is in BETA 2.  When I upgraded to Matrix, things failed with unknown variables.  Be aware that you may need to do a clean install of Matrix when you upgrade.  Only matrix issue I am tracking is that it is closing the video port on Linux after a timeout.  More info tomorrow.
Pandoki upgrade to Kodi 19 (Matrix) is done.  PandoraSlim still needs to be upgraded and will not appear on the list until updated. I will work it next.  You download the zip file and then "Install from zip" located at
https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbm...rocky4546/
The repo latest version is (0.2.2).  Once installed, the repo will appear in your "Install from repository" list.  That is where you will find Pandoki 0.10.2.  Changes include logging and notification updates that also appear in the Advance tab in settings.  I have a number of other projects to upgrade, so will return once I catch up on the other projects.

This will not work on previous versions of Kodi.
(2020-12-16, 02:49)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]Pandoki upgrade to Kodi 19 (Matrix) is done.  PandoraSlim still needs to be upgraded and will not appear on the list until updated. I will work it next.  You download the zip file and then "Install from zip" located at
https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbm...rocky4546/
The repo latest version is (0.2.2).  Once installed, the repo will appear in your "Install from repository" list.  That is where you will find Pandoki 0.10.2.  Changes include logging and notification updates that also appear in the Advance tab in settings.  I have a number of other projects to upgrade, so will return once I catch up on the other projects.

This will not work on previous versions of Kodi.
Smoothifier's addon works fine but I can install Rocky's repo and the Pandoki addon but when I open it fails.

This is in Matrix

Anybody else have trouble?
Can you take a look at the kodi.log and see if it has an exception?  Sounds like a major exception occurred.  Thanks.
(2020-12-16, 22:18)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]Can you take a look at the kodi.log and see if it has an exception?  Sounds like a major exception occurred.  Thanks.

I installed it and I got a failure to import urllib3.  Maybe a Kodi issue?  I will install a clean nightly and look at it some more.

scott s.
Thanks for the reply.  One of the changes that smoothifier made was to upgrade from urllib2 to urllib3.  Not sure why you would not find it if your smoothifier version worked. Let me know what you find.
(2020-12-17, 21:35)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply.  One of the changes that smoothifier made was to upgrade from urllib2 to urllib3.  Not sure why you would not find it if your smoothifier version worked. Let me know what you find.

It's just a missing entry in the <requires> section in addon.xml.  Change it to read:

xml:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.urllib3" version="1.25.8+matrix.1"/>
</requires>

That's untested, but it should do the trick.

But should that version number be static? (1.25.8+matrix.1)?  I'm not a plugin expert by any means.
(2020-12-18, 03:02)smoothifier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-17, 21:35)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply.  One of the changes that smoothifier made was to upgrade from urllib2 to urllib3.  Not sure why you would not find it if your smoothifier version worked. Let me know what you find.

It's just a missing entry in the <requires> section in addon.xml.  Change it to read:

xml:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.urllib3" version="1.25.8+matrix.1"/>
</requires>

That's untested, but it should do the trick.

But should that version number be static? (1.25.8+matrix.1)?  I'm not a plugin expert by any means.
That is the problem.  The version number is the minimum required.  So unless there is a change to urllib3 that you need in the future that version should be good.  That installs script.module.urllib3 as a dependency and also adds its lib path to your sys path.

You might want to update settings.xml to the new v2 format.  I don't know if they are requiring it before submitting to the official plugin repo.

scott s.
Like I said earlier Rocky4546's repo installed but the addon didn't open so I tried just the 10.0.2 addon by its self and it didn't work for me either.

I put Smoothifier's 10.0.1 addon back in and it works fine for me.

It looks like you guys are close to fixing Rocky4546's repo so I will try it when it's ready.

I am just happy Smoothifier got his 10.0.1 addon working.
(2020-12-19, 18:33)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said earlier Rocky4546's repo installed but the addon didn't open so I tried just the 10.0.2 addon by its self and it didn't work for me either.

It looks like you guys are close to fixing Rocky4546's repo so I will try it when it's ready.

Updated the addon.xml file as recommended and did the major upgrade to the settings.xml file. That part was a ton of work.  There is a new version posted (0.10.3).  The same zip file should pull the latest version from the repo.
(2020-12-20, 01:37)rcmccaslin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-19, 18:33)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said earlier Rocky4546's repo installed but the addon didn't open so I tried just the 10.0.2 addon by its self and it didn't work for me either.

Updated the addon.xml file as recommended and did the major upgrade to the settings.xml file. That part was a ton of work.  There is a new version posted (0.10.3).  The same zip file should pull the latest version from the repo.
I  have a Minix Android box and an Android phone.

I loaded repo 0.2.2 and Pandoki 0.10.3 and Pandoki opened and loaded my list of stations.

I clicked on an artist it opened but that was it no songs and didn't play.

Same on both devices.

I deleted Pandoki addon and your repo and installed Smoothifiers 0.10.1 addon and it works fine on both devices.

Same settings each time.

For now I am happy with 0.10.3 addon.
Thanks for the test.  I was able to reproduce your issue with Smoothifiers 0.10.1 and 0.10.3; although I did find a few additional issues with the new settings.xml file that could cause more instability.  The new settings version does not like quotes like the old settings version.  I tested the changes on both Linux and Windows and got the same response on both 0.10.1 and 0.10.4.  When you run it; the first time it works.  If you back out, stop playing and then go back in fairly fast, you get the issue you listed.  If you instead wait until some timeout occurs, it does not happen.  The issue is with the music player not able to start up.  Anyway, 0.10.4 is out with the updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38