Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eurosport Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Ok, no worries.
Just thought this may have also helped others who may travel abroad.

I will work out a fix.

Thanks again.
Well after 10mins refreshing myself with python and a bit of a read on web site data scraping i seem to have fixed my problem, time will tell but at the moment all seems to be working fine.

The addon seems to set location/language based on the site reply but simply changing to the above fixes to the location desired.

Note for info: This was addon v1.7.1 on Kodi 16.1 (no on-demand videos as mentioned in thread, but live streams perfect)

Again, thanks JinJin for an awesome addon!

Update @ 21/05/17 - Removed details of fix as requested by user JinJin [/b]
Well thats the point i wanted to avoid. It would be nice if you can edit your post and keep that info for yourself. Thank you Wink
Hi JinJin,
I was having problems with the video section, as expected since you mentioned that it wouldn't work on Kodi 16.1. so today I upgraded to LibreELEC which is Kodi 17.1, but i am still having issues playing videos from the videos section. Some of the shorter ones come up with a 10 second video that says it can't be streamed in my country, but the longer videos just do nothing.
I can get around the location as noted above but why do the longer videos just do nothing?
Thank you!
Hi there, what's my best bet for getting this working on kodi via an Amazon fire box? I've got the latest version installed, but the eurosport player won't start to install. It shows as v 1.4 - I'm not sure how to get the latest version of the player over to my box? Thanks in advance.
Hi, I've managed to get the latest version of Eurosport player on Kodi, and entered my details but live TV dosnt play, and none of the longer vod videos play, only the short ones. Any ideas guys?
Hi Hunty571,

please upload your kodi log to pastebin.com or similar.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log%20file
This is MOST AMAZING!
Great work JinJin. Do you work at a french sports television station?
Great thank you to kpbmx too, I'm so happy to have my UK snooker commentary back.
After a request from my father-in-law, I've made some additions to v1.7.1 and created a TV Schedule using Eurosport's own xml URL (this XML file is used by their web portal's TV schedule). Using Google Chrome's network inspection capability, it doesn't appear to require any authentication to access and so I've been able to freely exploit the data returned.

I've included the BeautifulSoup4 package within the add-on as this is used to parse the HTML returned in the XML file. I had issues using BeautifulSoup 3 which is the one you can use as a dependancy package in Kodi, so decided to use the newest bs4 instead.

Link to the GitHub repository for this updated version (v1.8.0) is here.

This is the first time I've used Kodi, and this is the first bit of coding for Kodi I have done, so I had a few teething issues and had to do a lot of research (zero compression zip files, using scp, etc.) - and I didn't want all the hard work to go to waste - so here you go Big Grin

I've done some testing myself and the father-in-law is going to do some 'playing about' with it to, but if any of you come across any bugs or suggestions for improvements, please let me know!

And as a final note, thanks for Jin for the original add-on - I couldn't have made the additions I have if the add-on wasn't so well made and coded!!

Update 16/05/2017: Link to GitHub for this add-on now found here following suggestion by Jin to give different add-on id to avoid update conflicts with their version.
It's trying getting ts file but sometimes it's getting timeout for me. (Live feeds) on Kodi 17.1 my internet showing some download but video not starting. Parts playlist_700, playlist_200 then playlist_1800 then playlist_1000.ts

Btw from you or your repo could make an olympic channel addon?
Not working for me with Kodi 17.1. I login, but it does not display an option for channel 1 or 2 - just an option for the 'advertisement' and videos (which dont seem to play).

It's running on a Amazon Fire tv, so getting the logs is beyond me.
@amoeba
What version of the addon are you using (current version is 1.7.1)?
Maybe this will help - http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

@ozzyman
Sorry, that's nothing i can help with.

@robe16
I'll add a simple 24h preview listing (schedule) using the api in the next version (1.8.0).
Actually i don't want to add much features as long as the new player (by bamtech) isn't out.
Also, to avoid update issues, you might want to use a different addon id in the addon.xml
Hi

I have uploaded Eurosport Player but the longer videos of cyling do not play and say see log for details

I have a log URL that I need to upload and have the details but who do I upload them to?

I know I need to use pastbin.com

thanks in advance
You answered your own question. Copy paste them to PasteBin.com and they'll give you a URL. Post that URL here along with details of your issue and device.
(2017-05-12, 19:19)JinJin Wrote: [ -> ]@amoeba
What version of the addon are you using (current version is 1.7.1)?
Maybe this will help - http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

@ozzyman
Sorry, that's nothing i can help with.

@robe16
I'll add a simple 24h preview listing (schedule) using the api in the next version (1.8.0).
Actually i don't want to add much features as long as the new player (by bamtech) isn't out.
Also, to avoid update issues, you might want to use a different addon id in the addon.xml

As far as I know, the latest version. I will double check, but I have the 'update' option ticked.

Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean;

best online image hosting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30