Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1 tv show episode from 2 sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Background - i have 1 HTPC that i watch in the lounge. its sources come from HDDs built in and my pc in another room. ATM im dual booting windows 8.1 and windows 10.

i want to stream stuff from my pc to my HTPC no mater what os im signed into but i dont want duplicate shows in my library. so is there a way to have xbmc look in 2 places for the same file and play whichever is available?
Currently, no, but this will be a feature in the future. I'm not sure on the ETA, but some really cool stuff for media import/library sharing is coming, and with it comes the ability to handle duplicates.

EDIT: well, since they're both Windows file sharing, in theory it should be possible to make both OSes look like the same share/IP address. That way you don't even have two sources. How do you currently have it set up? As in, what do the two different source paths look like?
i only have one share path right now, not set up the windows 10 share now but i think i get what you mean...same ip adress and same share adress like \\bobs pc\folder to share....would the need to be the same drive letter?
done i have the same ip address comp name and share address though the drive letter are diferant and it works the same chhers