Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: All of a sudden, missing TV folder on main screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using mysql set up on unraid. My XBMC has the following in my advancedsettings.xml file-

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.103</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.103</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

When I open XBMC, there is no wait, it turns on instantly. But there's no TV folder. I have to go to Videos, Files, and add TV as source. After pointing TV to network share (via unraid), selecting type as TV, selecting TV parser TVDB, it will say refresh, but will immediately finish in a second. No TV folder is added on the main screen. I'm not sure if mysql is working or not. How do I know if I have mysql setup correctly? How do I fix this?

Thanks
Debug log (wiki) or it never happened.
Removing log, will post again in pastebin
Please get your debug log off here and put it on pastebin.

Is networking up when XBMC starts? If not, you need to delay XBMC starting up until your network is started.
Read that log, its user permissions error, your user doesn't have permissions to access mysql.

You have dozens of these

10:01:03 T:4348 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic46 [1045](Access denied for user \'xbmc\'@\'Desktop\' (using password: YES))
10:01:03 T:4348 ERROR: Unable to create new database
10:01:03 T:4348 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos78 [1045](Access denied for user \'xbmc\'@\'Desktop\' (using password: YES))
Thanks uNiversal