Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug? Refresh info for all episodes + multiple titles of same tv show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed quite new behaviour when working with multiple titles of same tv show with recent nightlies.
When you refresh info for all episodes of a TV show and there is another TV show with different title but same thetvdb id then all episodes of both TV shows are getting grouped under title of TV show which was refreshed .

Setup:
One tv show
Two different versions, each stored in different source.
Each version has it's own tvshow.nfo with specific <title> and link to tv shows url on thetvdb.com

This is how they are now listed in library:
Tvshow
Tvshow HD

Steps:
Select Tvshow
Refresh info for all episodes - Yes
Locally stored infromation found. Ignore and refresh from internet? - No

After a refresh:
Tvshow HD is removed from library and it's episodes are instead listed under Tvshow.
Previously all episodes were kept under it's own tv show title (two different items in Library).

Should I fill a trac ticket?
still the same with current nightlies...
Sounds like it groups by tvshow id. From a brief look it was introduced with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5451. Just to be sure.. you are able to add `Tvshow HD` alongside `Tvshow` when using the recently released Beta1?
No, I also can't add "TVshow HD" alongside if there is a show with the same thetvdb id. Both shows will be grouped under "TVshow HD" title when I do this instead of two tvshow items with different titles like before.
I guess the solution here would be to have the full NFO file and not just the TVDB URL, and then that way you can make Kodi think it really is a different show. Hmm, an interesting situation.

However this is handled, the good thing is that this will only be a temp issue in a worst case scenario. Montellese has some really awesome ideas about how to handle TV shows where you have multiple versions, like HD and SD versions, which should make people in your use case very happy.
Full nfo would have only helped if it had different or no tvshow id, I guess. But then you couldn't update/refresh information for tvshow/episodes (like user rating which is dynamic) without external nfo media manager or manually editing nfo files first. That's another good reason for using mixed xml/url nfos beside the obvious to easily differentiate multiple media versions in library.

I really appreciate work on proper handling of multiple media versions in library, this is something currently lacking and lot of people rooting for, but in any case if this is a bug it would be nice to have it fixed unless it's new (maybe temporary) design choice, which would be kinda unfortunate. Thanks.
Please file a trac ticket so we do not forget about it. Thanks.