Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV/PVR Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently using MediaPortal backend installed on my Windows homeserver 2011, which server 3 OPELEC setups and 4 Windows 8 setups. I have limited amount of backends to choose from because I am using HD Homerun, 2 ATSC usb tuners, and 2 HDPVR2s that connects 2 STBs. In the past I have tried NPVR but I couldn't get it to blast multiple HDPVRs.

For the most part everything works great but everything is not as good as it could be, which brings me to my questions.

Is there a way to turn turn Live TV on without selecting "Live TV, then selecting a channel from the guide, similar to MediaPortal's "On" button? I already know about "Continue Last Channel On Startup". This is insufficient because I don't want to watch TV every time I start XBMC. Also is there a way to import the epg once a week, every two weeks, or some other set interval, instead of every time you start XBMC.

I mentioned this in another thread but I will put it here for posterity sake. In the EPG, is there a way to fast scroll using number presses on the remote to scroll down to the channel. For example, my channels start at 2 and end in the 3000s. You can imagine that it is difficult for the wife and kids to navigate to their channels in the 300s, 400s, 500s, etc. The EPG defaults to the first channel after it is turned on. It would be great if I enter 200 on the remote and the EPG scrolls to channel 200. Mediaportal, MCE did a really great job with this feature and I hope XBMC/Kodi can at least be on par with the other systems one day.

I know this a function of my backend selection but commercial skip would be a great feature to add to Kodi's pvr setup. I don't know the complexity to setup but I would love the feature nonetheless.

These inconsistencies really hold XBMC from receiving an high WAF seal of approval. Currently it feels more like a project instead of a DVR/PVR replacement.
Quote:Is there a way to turn turn Live TV on without selecting "Live TV, then selecting a channel from the guide, similar to MediaPortal's "On" button? I already know about "Continue Last Channel On Startup"

You mean you want it to continue whatever the last channel was when you press a certain button?

Quote:I mentioned this in another thread but I will put it here for posterity sake. In the EPG, is there a way to fast scroll using number presses on the remote to scroll down to the channel. For example, my channels start at 2 and end in the 3000s. You can imagine that it is difficult for the wife and kids to navigate to their channels in the 300s, 400s, 500s, etc. The EPG defaults to the first channel after it is turned on. It would be great if I enter 200 on the remote and the EPG scrolls to channel 200. Mediaportal, MCE did a really great job with this feature and I hope XBMC/Kodi can at least be on par with the other systems one day.

This has been requested in another thread and will probably be implemented sooner or later.

Quote:I know this a function of my backend selection but commercial skip would be a great feature to add to Kodi's pvr setup. I don't know the complexity to setup but I would love the feature nonetheless.

That is indeed a backend feature. Many PVR addons support it in one way or another, you can check if Mediaportal supports it too.