Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to change plot language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have a question, i'm Dutch andere have xbmc in Dutch language. My wife also use xbmc and cannot read the plot of a movie or TV serie because its English. I have chance by movie en TV info the addons tot Dutch language nut still the plot stays in English. Zo my question how tot change the hole info of Movies or TV series tot Dutch?

Thanks allot.
You'd have to re-scrape your library after having set the language to Dutch.
What has been previously scrapped in English will stay that way until you re-scrape.
Oké nice, do I need tot do this in settings or where do I re-scrap?
See refresh (wiki).
If this is refresh movie info if u click menu on a movie or serie that is don already en still English plot
Nobody anny idee to fix this?
Someone knows to fix this? I have also tryed with Moviemeter addon (Dutch movie info site) and still the plot is in English. Is there somewhere that I need to set that the info gets from moviemeter orHuh Or is there annything to do so the plot is in Dutch??
you need to change the scraper setting for that source to the language you want.
Hey Martijn,

I have set all addons of movie info or tv info to Dutch en refresh the movie or tv serie info and still I get the plot in English. All available settings for the addons I set to Dutch, but this not working, do u have anny idee why not or a diffrent sollution??

Thanks annyway for helping me out
Hello folks

The refresh of a movie doesn't help.
Is there another solution?
Changing or deleting the .xml or .nfo file?
Finally after years of struggling with this annoying behavior figured out the solution.
So forget about adjusting Kodi Regional settings or Add-ons/Languages or any of the Scrapers (Movie or TV shows) Add-on default settings. They don't have effect your already created sources. Some of these mentioned settings have effect only if you newly add a source (folder) to Kodi.
Navigate to >Videos< then >Files<, then select the source you want to edit (I called mine >Movies<) but don't normal click on it. Instead long press the Enter/Ok/Select button (whatever keyboard/controller you have), that brings up context menu. Select >Edit Source<, then click >Ok< on the first (popup) window, then on the second window choose >- Settings< and finally edit >Preferred language<. Repeat this any all of your sources if you have more than one (ie: Movies, TV Shows).
Forgot to mention: after source language settings change you have to rebuild/refresh/rescrape the database as above mentioned