Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Portable mode for Android version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might be a really stupid question, but is it possible to run xbmc for android in portable mode, like the windows version?

I had lots of issues with most addons in the windows version until I found out the possibility to run xbmc in portable mode, by adding "-p" after the filepath in the shortcut properties.
After changing to portable mode all addons now works like a charm + I can put the whole package on a USB stick and run it from anywhere.

I still have lots of issues with the addons on the android version, that's why I came up with this doubtful question. In most cases it's the infamous script failure and installation failure issues.

Another idea I have; if I have a usb-stick with a portable xbmc-package and stick it into my android TV-box, would it be possible to run it that way or is the android app-version the only option? Huh
Nevermind the above post. I was too eager to find a solution for script problems on android version but after some research it seems more difficult than than the above rubbish.