Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Export fanarts and posters in original resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i cant find a way to export the fanarts and the posters form movies in der Original resolution.

Code:
movie.mkv
movie-fanart.jpg 3840*2160
movie-poster.jpg 1400*2100

If I try the export "seperate", the resolution will be 1920*1080 and 480*720. Is there an option to get the original resolution out of kodi? Maybe an entry in the advancedsettings.xml?
No one?
Export will only export the version that has been cached by XBMC/Kodi. You'd have to first re-import the artwork with a modified advancedsettings.xml file if you want XBMC to do it. It would be easier to just use one of the many media mangers out there that can manually save the images using XBMC naming conventions.
Thanks!

So I rescan the images to kodi, What do I have to do to get the original resolution out of kodi? Which entry should be edit?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <fanartres>???</fanartres>
    <imageres>???</imageres>
</advancedsettings>
Both, fanartres for fanart and imageres for everything else that's not 16x9.
Which resolution do I have to paste in the brackets?

I checked the advancedsettings.xml wiki

so this is my code

<advancedsettings>
<fanartres>2160</fanartres>
<imageres>2100</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

Before videoexport:

Code:
movie.mkv
movie-fanart.jpg 3840*2160
movie-poster.jpg 1400*2100

After videoexport:

Code:
movie.mkv
movie-fanart.jpg 1920*1080
movie-poster.jpg 720*1080

XBMC probably isn't the best tool if you want to archive the original. There's probably code in XBMC that doesn't see a point in going past 1080 (which will likely change), so there's just a kind of hard limit that it hits.
Why export it anyway? If this stuff is stored by the movies and already the res you want?
@NeoXrom: You're probably looking for a button to click, but if you're comfortable with scripts then you might be interested to know of the script "mklocal.py" which can be used to "export" existing remote artwork in their original format/quality to your local filesystem (assuming the remote artwork is still accessible, of course). It can also be used to "import" new local artwork or replace existing remote artwork with local artwork.

You'll need to search the thread in my sig, as that's where it has been discussed.
Thanks for the script. I will try it Smile

@uNiversal

Not for every movie. My Plan looks to download the favourite pics over the tmdb scraper in "kodi" and than export it to the movie folders on the nas.