Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live Manager for Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I'm running PTVL Manager on a windows machine, trying to setup channels over my network for a device running openelec. Will this program work for that? I'm getting an Uncontrolled Exception error. Here's the message:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite.dll'
   at PseudoTV_Manager.Module1.TestMYSQLite(String connectionstring)
   at PseudoTV_Manager.Form6.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PseudoTV Manager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PseudoTVLive/PTVLManager/PseudoTV%20Manager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Lunatixz/Other Contributors:

Would you guys be interested if I forked this application to PyQt4 + Python2 rather than Visual Basic? This will allow an almost identical application to exist functionally and visually, but it will run on Windows / Mac / Linux relatively natively either by running from source or building a binary (see PyInstaller).

PyQt comes with a "Designer" utility that works a lot like Visual Basic's form editor. The Qt extensions also natively support SQL databases, including PostgreSQL, SQlite and MySQL.

I figure this might be also be a good idea because you guys are all banging out Kodi code which is basically all Python, so converting this application to Python might keep you from having to switch contexts too much. I also way prefer to be able to pick my IDE rather than having to use Visual Studio.

I'm pretty sure peppy was focusing his efforts on the web-based route but I was curious if there's any interest in continuing the native Desktop application route in this manner or if the general plan was to let all Desktop utilities die off.
(2015-05-01, 18:14)xioustic Wrote: [ -> ]Lunatixz/Other Contributors:

Would you guys be interested if I forked this application to PyQt4 + Python2 rather than Visual Basic? This will allow an almost identical application to exist functionally and visually, but it will run on Windows / Mac / Linux relatively natively either by running from source or building a binary (see PyInstaller).

PyQt comes with a "Designer" utility that works a lot like Visual Basic's form editor. The Qt extensions also natively support SQL databases, including PostgreSQL, SQlite and MySQL.

I figure this might be also be a good idea because you guys are all banging out Kodi code which is basically all Python, so converting this application to Python might keep you from having to switch contexts too much. I also way prefer to be able to pick my IDE rather than having to use Visual Studio.

I'm pretty sure peppy was focusing his efforts on the web-based route but I was curious if there's any interest in continuing the native Desktop application route in this manner or if the general plan was to let all Desktop utilities die off.
This sounds like a great idea Smile

Let me know if you need anything to get you started...
(2015-05-01, 18:18)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a great idea Smile

Shouldn't need anything to get started; I've already forked your copy on Github and have it opened in Visual Studio. I'll try to create a separate branch for the Python + Qt code in my fork. It honestly depends on the time and motivation I have, which fluctuates wildly, but I wanted to gauge interest to make sure if I do it and it's made as functional as the current version that you guys will likely adopt it.

I'll keep you updated here until it's off the ground enough to be it's own thread/project, or take over this one. Rough idea of stages:
1. Busy-work: recreating the forms and taking notes on functionality.
2. Getting settings enumerated and persisting on drive (Qt has a cross-platform mechanism for this).
3. Getting it talking to the database types using QSql extensions.
4. Linking the database code with populating forms and pulling data from the forms when necessary.

Will link Github repo here after my first commit/push or two.
(2015-05-01, 19:31)xioustic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-01, 18:18)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a great idea Smile

Shouldn't need anything to get started; I've already forked your copy on Github and have it opened in Visual Studio. I'll try to create a separate branch for the Python + Qt code in my fork. It honestly depends on the time and motivation I have, which fluctuates wildly, but I wanted to gauge interest to make sure if I do it and it's made as functional as the current version that you guys will likely adopt it.

I'll keep you updated here until it's off the ground enough to be it's own thread/project, or take over this one. Rough idea of stages:
1. Busy-work: recreating the forms and taking notes on functionality.
2. Getting settings enumerated and persisting on drive (Qt has a cross-platform mechanism for this).
3. Getting it talking to the database types using QSql extensions.
4. Linking the database code with populating forms and pulling data from the forms when necessary.

Will link Github repo here after my first commit/push or two.

I would greatly appreciate it. I can support some if you like/need, but I have personally moved on to the web version. I tried for a few weeks to get it stable on mono, and couldn't. Best of luck to you though and thanks!
Is anyone else having problems getting this working on the new Kodi v15? I am using mySQL for my video library and the new database, myVideos93, doesn't include the tables genrelinktvshow or genrelinkmovie that the manager requires in order to create channels by genre. I've checked within the mySQL command line client to verify they are no longer there, but were included in the old myVideos90 database. I'm curious if this is a universal problem or just something wrong with my setup.
(2015-08-01, 06:16)jds907 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else having problems getting this working on the new Kodi v15? I am using mySQL for my video library and the new database, myVideos93, doesn't include the tables genrelinktvshow or genrelinkmovie that the manager requires in order to create channels by genre. I've checked within the mySQL command line client to verify they are no longer there, but were included in the old myVideos90 database. I'm curious if this is a universal problem or just something wrong with my setup.

I'm having the exact same issue, for the exact same reason. Digging through the SQL, it looks like Isengard has consolidated the "genrelinktvshow" and "genrelinkmovie" tables into "genre_link".

Not much us end users can do about this, we'll have to wait on one of the developers to have a free moment or revert to Helix meantime.
I made a version that works with Kodi v15. installer.zip is the new installer I made for now. I'll try to fix more stuff in the near future.

https://github.com/computergeek1507/PseudoTV_Manager/
(2015-08-09, 20:38)scooter_seh Wrote: [ -> ]I made a version that works with Kodi v15. installer.zip is the new installer I made for now. I'll try to fix more stuff in the near future.

Just an FYI. Looks like the update you made is missing some dependency DLLs. In particular the mysql.data.dll for 9.7.6.0 and sqllite.data.dll(?) for 1.0.97.0. I think anyway. I was able to just grab/install those on my system, and that solved it.

SQLite x86 bundle (make sure to install to GAC in the install options) - https://system.data.sqlite.org/index.htm...loads.wiki
MySQL 6.9.7.0 - https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file.php?id=458797
I made a new version to fix the DLL issue and changed how the settings file is saved to prevent crashes I was having on my computer.

(2015-08-10, 05:36)scooter_seh Wrote: [ -> ]I made a new version to fix the DLL issue and changed how the settings file is saved to prevent crashes I was having on my computer.

It's not working for me. I'm trying to connect to MySQL. It says successful connection then it says it cant open the database.

When I use it on my test PC (no mysql), I can connect successfully, but I get an unhandled error every time I try to edit channels.
Can someone please help me compile this? I'm having all sorts of issues trying to install all the tools to build it.
I tried to fix one unhandled error I found in the edit channel tab. If you can give more details into what channel type you are using I can look into it more.

(2015-08-11, 21:35)RamboUnchained Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-10, 05:36)scooter_seh Wrote: [ -> ]I made a new version to fix the DLL issue and changed how the settings file is saved to prevent crashes I was having on my computer.

It's not working for me. I'm trying to connect to MySQL. It says successful connection then it says it cant open the database.

When I use it on my test PC (no mysql), I can connect successfully, but I get an unhandled error every time I try to edit channels.
I just have Visual Studio 2013 and I had to remove the MySql.Data and System.Data.SQLite References and re-added them pointing to the DLLs I included.

(2015-08-12, 16:34)RyanOver9000 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please help me compile this? I'm having all sorts of issues trying to install all the tools to build it.
(2015-08-16, 03:30)scooter_seh Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to fix one unhandled error I found in the edit channel tab. If you can give more details into what channel type you are using I can look into it more.

(2015-08-11, 21:35)RamboUnchained Wrote: [ -> ]

All of my channels are playlist channels. I can't think of the channel type off the top of my head. I was able to edit my channels, but I still kept getting the error b/w adding channels.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12