Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to copy lirc config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to copy a working lirc config froom xbmcbuntu based on xbmc 13.x/ubuntu 14.04 64 bit to lubuntu 14.04 64 bit.

Remote is currently working in xbmcbuntu and I wanted an identical config in lubuntu/xbmc. Thinking I could copy nthe config I tried and can not get the remote toi work. I copied files from

/usr/share/lirc/remotes/microsoft (where my custom remote file resides ; lircd correctly includes this file)
/etc/lirc
~/,xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

I have set all file permissions correctly as they match the original files

I can configure lirc for MCEUSB and it works with mceusb remote however my goal is to use xbox360 remote so the system looks and feels identical to others using the same remote, however this proves the receiver is working.

So the process by which I did this originally on the system where it does work (xbmcbuntu) was to configure for MCEUSB remote then change the remote config file to xbox360 custom file which I generated using irw.

I have even tried generating a new remote file with irw and still it does not work , so I am at a loss

Maybe I am missiing a fileHuh

any help appreciated, thank you.
I guess I found my problem... Was missing lircd file in userdata folder LIRC to XBMC commands!