Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can not find this in the thread... if i missed, i am sorry. I have always loved the ability (in the older versions) to have random movies diplayed. In the newest this feature appears to be out. Is there any thing I can do to bring it back?

PS- this skin is the BEST ATV2 skin in the world! It was won every time we have done skin votes at XBMCHUB! Keep it up! Or else I'll be stuck with confluence
The results are in.

Taking everyones advice, in the custom home menu organizer I disabled or 'hid' the main movies subcategory and instead added it directly to favourites. Now I have...

Movies
...Movies (disabled)
...Movies (source as a favourite)
...IMAX (source as a favourite)
...and so on...

First I tried disabling movies Sub-category and creating smart playlists and adding them as favourites. That did work except I made some minor changes to the directory structure on my storage device and I ended up with doubles and triples of items in the playlist.

So instead I deleted all the smart playlists and added each individual source as a favourite. This is much better... but still not perfect. Some movies I have are in there own directory inside the source directory. So if I click on IMAX ( for example) the first few items in the list are folders. I then have to go inside each folder to find the video and the info (summary, video,audio,images... all the fun library stuff)

Any advice?
Hi, I'm sorry, but for the life of me can't figure out how to display a Favorite item on the home screen. I've created a smart playlist and added it to Favorites. Now all I want is for it to appear under Movies in the main menu... Any pointers? (Yes, I've been searching for this info for an hour without getting anywhere...)

Thanks!
(2012-05-16, 18:19)Abrasher Wrote: [ -> ]Can not find this in the thread... if i missed, i am sorry. I have always loved the ability (in the older versions) to have random movies diplayed. In the newest this feature appears to be out. Is there any thing I can do to bring it back?

PS- this skin is the BEST ATV2 skin in the world! It was won every time we have done skin votes at XBMCHUB! Keep it up! Or else I'll be stuck with confluence

Thanks.

Random items are gone as majority prefer recently added. Having both results in messy code and skin settings. They may return at some point in the future but right now I have limited time and lots of other things on the plate. Maybe someone with skinning knowledge could make a MOD?
(2012-05-17, 11:16)buddard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm sorry, but for the life of me can't figure out how to display a Favorite item on the home screen. I've created a smart playlist and added it to Favorites. Now all I want is for it to appear under Movies in the main menu... Any pointers? (Yes, I've been searching for this info for an hour without getting anywhere...)

Thanks!

If it is in favorites and it's opening smart playlist as you intended, go to skin settings, home menus customizer, scroll to Movies section. You will see a bunch or "favorites" items there. Clicking on them opens up your favorites so you can confirm assigning item of your choice. Same place you enable/disable built-in filters.
(2012-05-16, 20:45)itstonye Wrote: [ -> ]So instead I deleted all the smart playlists and added each individual source as a favourite. This is much better... but still not perfect. Some movies I have are in there own directory inside the source directory. So if I click on IMAX ( for example) the first few items in the list are folders. I then have to go inside each folder to find the video and the info (summary, video,audio,images... all the fun library stuff)

Any advice?

You have added folders and thus XBMC is browsing file systemSmile If you want "one-click feature" you will have to go smart playlists route. This is beyond skin support scope so I can only give suggestion based on my preferences:

- I would rename Movies/Movies to make it easier for me to something like Movies/Uncategorized. This way you will avoid having same DIR name twice and end up with something like:

Movies / Uncategorized
- / IMAX
- / Comedy

Now, just make smart playlists using rule "match items where PATH IS" and fill in your subfolders: Uncategorized, IMAX, Comedy.... It does not matter how you name your subfolders as you can give smartplaylist a different label, meaning you can go with "uncategorized" subfolder to avoid name clash but name your playlists for that subfolder "Movies", for better convenience.

I believe all will work just fine as long as you keep your folder names unique.
Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to create this gorgeous skin, pecinko. It is so good that I have set up my Apple TV to automatically boot into the XBMC environment, bypassing its stock features altogether. There are just two things that I'd love to be added to the skin.

The feature I'd like the most is to have a grid view option just like the one in Firecore's ATV Flash Black Media Player. Here is an image of it: http://iphoneheadlines.com/images/fireco...glfh_0.jpg
I realise that there is the "Icons" view, but I find that the poster art is too large and the gaps between the posters is too large as well. I think that this grid view ties in with your idea of a "clean look" and simplicity for Quartz, and would be a great addition to the views already available.

The second request is one concerning verisimilitude. I think it would be great if you could have the option to add the Apple TV logo from the native interface on to the Quartz homescreen. Then the homescreen would be identical to the Apple TV!

I really hope that these requests can be incorporated into Quartz, and thanks again for your brilliant work. I hope that this skin keeps going from strength to strength!
An annoying little bug I've found with this skin (which is my favorite) is concerning hiding the menu, like in kiosk mode. Even if I have selected to have the menus hidden if I scroll to the right as I would to bring up the menu the cursor will be stuck as if I had brought up the menu. In other words, no menu pops up, but I also can't scroll up or down through the movies anymore until I hit left again. It is like the menu still pops up, it's just invisible.
(2012-05-17, 11:17)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-17, 11:16)buddard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm sorry, but for the life of me can't figure out how to display a Favorite item on the home screen. I've created a smart playlist and added it to Favorites. Now all I want is for it to appear under Movies in the main menu... Any pointers? (Yes, I've been searching for this info for an hour without getting anywhere...)

Thanks!

If it is in favorites and it's opening smart playlist as you intended, go to skin settings, home menus customizer, scroll to Movies section. You will see a bunch or "favorites" items there. Clicking on them opens up your favorites so you can confirm assigning item of your choice. Same place you enable/disable built-in filters.

Haha, what a n00b I am. Smile

Thanks a lot, it's working perfectly now!

(2012-05-17, 22:01)Baloeb Wrote: [ -> ]An annoying little bug I've found with this skin (which is my favorite) is concerning hiding the menu, like in kiosk mode. Even if I have selected to have the menus hidden if I scroll to the right as I would to bring up the menu the cursor will be stuck as if I had brought up the menu. In other words, no menu pops up, but I also can't scroll up or down through the movies anymore until I hit left again. It is like the menu still pops up, it's just invisible.

What view? All of them? Xbmc version? System?

Worked fine last time I checked.
(2012-05-17, 17:23)barl1992 Wrote: [ -> ]The feature I'd like the most is to have a grid view option just like the one in Firecore's ATV Flash Black Media Player. Here is an image of it: http://iphoneheadlines.com/images/fireco...glfh_0.jpg

I can try to sqeeze in one more column. I'll take a look.
(2012-05-18, 08:54)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I can try to sqeeze in one more column. I'll take a look.

Thank you Smile
(2012-05-18, 08:54)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]What view? All of them? Xbmc version? System?

Yes, all of them. So if I am in a list view I would click to the right to bring up the menu. If I have the menu disabled in the skin settings and click to the right no menu pops up, but I can't scroll up or down anymore until I click back to the left. I am on windows 7, xbmc eden standard release.
Hey Guy's, love this skin works amazingly on my ATV2 but have issue's with 1 plugin rtmpgui+, and i'm not sure if its a problem with the skin or the plugin but it wont remember the view type i select and will always go back to list or big listHuh

anyone have any ideals thanks
(2012-05-18, 21:28)umonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guy's, love this skin works amazingly on my ATV2 but have issue's with 1 plugin rtmpgui+, and i'm not sure if its a problem with the skin or the plugin but it wont remember the view type i select and will always go back to list or big listHuh

anyone have any ideals thanks

Are the views saved in confluence?
(2012-05-18, 18:48)Baloeb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 08:54)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]What view? All of them? Xbmc version? System?

Yes, all of them. So if I am in a list view I would click to the right to bring up the menu. If I have the menu disabled in the skin settings and click to the right no menu pops up, but I can't scroll up or down anymore until I click back to the left. I am on windows 7, xbmc eden standard release.

You are right. Seems like XBMC bug. I'll have to work around the problem.
Thanks for the quick response have tried with confluence and same thing is happening so must be a plugin error thanks again. Can't believe i hadn't tried that before posting cheers
I've just found that skin but so far I'm loving it. It's perfect for my ATV (Crystalbuntu).
I only have one minor problem. It works everything flawlessy until I reboot but after that the main menu is wrong.
If for example the music section is highlited I see the options of the video menu. And this is the case with every main menu section. I see not the options of the section that is highlited.
If I switch to confluence and back to Quartz than its fixed but how can I solve this permanently ?