Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-26, 17:52)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Conversion to 1080 in progress.

cool....whats the benefit to this? does it mean the skin will look or perform better on a 1080 screen?
(2012-05-27, 08:35)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at https://github.com/pecinko It might be better to wait a bit though, until I finish transition to 1080.

Thanks. Starting to work on it now. I'm an amateur, but the TV Guide skin is pretty simple and I think I can figure it out. I'll be sure to let you take a look when I'm finished to see if you want to include it.
(2012-05-27, 08:35)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at https://github.com/pecinko It might be better to wait a bit though, until I finish transition to 1080.

Skin is now 1080 Smile and I have just pushed most recent version to Git.

It would be nice to hear some feedback regarding look and feel on different devices and TVs.

As far as I'm concerned, everything is sharp and nice on both 1080 and 720. Furthermore, skin got a bit snappier somehow on both my ATV2 and Mac mini, but it might be just me losing my mind Smile Either way I'am very satisfied with results on my setup so far.

If you are going to test you will have to pull skin from Git as I won't be releasing update through repo until I have revised it a bit and heard some feedback from you.

NOTE: You might need to refresh your posters/covers
Hi Pecinko,

1080 Version works great on my Mini with W7! Thanks:-)

But how to refresh posters/ covers for 1080 WITHOUT re-scanning the whole Database?

Kind regards,
Peter
(2012-05-28, 12:13)Peter911 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Pecinko,

1080 Version works great on my Mini with W7! Thanks:-)

But how to refresh posters/ covers for 1080 WITHOUT re-scanning the whole Database?

Kind regards,
Peter

Don't know Smile I opened up Video Info, re-dowloaded poster and said "wow that looks nice!". After a while I got tired and said to myself "there has to be an easier way I look at it later", but did not have time to dig into it yet Smile
Ok, i think there is no other way...;-( Shit... what about to delete video Thumbs Folder in database? I only want to reload posters & covers, but not my whole database...?! 1080 is great and looks very nice:-)
(2012-05-28, 12:23)Peter911 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, i think there is no other way...;-( Shit... what about to delete video Thumbs Folder in database? I only want to reload posters & covers, but not my whole database...?! 1080 is great and looks very nice:-)

That might work but you may need to increase default <thumbsize> in advanced settings. I played with kids library yesterday and it seemed that it was fetching lower-res thumb as opposed to what you get with re-deowloading poster from Video Info screen.

Please post about your progress, I'll wait until you (or somebody else) find a solution Smile
Heh..

by the lack of feedback I assume that nobody is having issues with latest versions. It works on both of my devices great so I'll move on to preparing update for official repository. This will probably be the last update for some time.
I also dont get a live tv menu in the settings nor on the main screen - using confluence all good - quartz skin shows PVR client enabled in installed add ons....

Any ideas?

Thanks

(2012-05-27, 08:35)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 22:13)Ebatte Wrote: [ -> ]In other per skins I've tried, there is a "Live TV" item in preferences where you enabled/disable per functionality. I don't see that in your Quartz. So I have to switch to another skin to make adjustments to the per settings and then back to Quartz once finished.

Hmm.. that's very interesting as it shows at my side as it should.

Item is using check <visible>System.HasPvr</visible>, which should return true on PVR builds. Do you happen to know what check is used on other skins?

Quote:In any case, I've tried the PVR build of openelec off and on and it is still too unstable for my use, so I'm going to continue to use the TV Guide add-on instead. Any chance you could PM the uncompressed textures for Quartz so I could build a TV Guide add-on skin to complement your great skin?

Take a look at https://github.com/pecinko It might be better to wait a bit though, until I finish transition to 1080.

(2012-05-30, 04:55)ajerazzor Wrote: [ -> ]I also dont get a live tv menu in the settings nor on the main screen - using confluence all good - quartz skin shows PVR client enabled in installed add ons....

Any ideas?

None until I'm more familiar with your setup Smile

Try git version I have added skin setting for PVR.
In the git version you seem to have disabled wrapping to the left (in the icon view). Could you please bring this back? I was very excited when I saw this functionality was added in the previous version!
Hey pecinko!

Any chance we get to fully customize/rename all of the items on homescreen?
Right now it looks like this:

There is 2x "Movies" and 2x "TV Shows". It would be nice to rename the items to something like "All Movies" or "All TV Shows" and the "Newly Added" to simply "New".
(2012-05-30, 18:09)generator Wrote: [ -> ]In the git version you seem to have disabled wrapping to the left (in the icon view). Could you please bring this back? I was very excited when I saw this functionality was added in the previous version!

Heh..

I had to do something about XBMC bug that moved frame out of the grid. It happens only on last row but it sure does not look nice and is a bit confusing, right?
(2012-05-30, 19:59)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]There is 2x "Movies" and 2x "TV Shows". It would be nice to rename the items to something like "All Movies" or "All TV Shows" and the "Newly Added" to simply "New".

There are two and a half possibilities for this Smile

1 - Rename your item in main bar to (MyMovies, MyTvshows ... )
2 - Disable build in filters (Movies and Newly added) and make your own using favorites. E.g. add "Recently added movies" to FAVs, rename them using context menu in FAVs to "New". Finally add them to home movies menu. (** alt rename them by directly editing favorites.xml in your user folder **)

1/2 is for me to add rename possibilities for built-in filters which will make settings messy, which is not really desired Smile
(2012-05-30, 04:55)ajerazzor Wrote: [ -> ]I also dont get a live tv menu in the settings nor on the main screen - using confluence all good - quartz skin shows PVR client enabled in installed add ons....

Any ideas?

Thanks

(2012-05-27, 08:35)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 22:13)Ebatte Wrote: [ -> ]In other per skins I've tried, there is a "Live TV" item in preferences where you enabled/disable per functionality. I don't see that in your Quartz. So I have to switch to another skin to make adjustments to the per settings and then back to Quartz once finished.

Hmm.. that's very interesting as it shows at my side as it should.

Item is using check <visible>System.HasPvr</visible>, which should return true on PVR builds. Do you happen to know what check is used on other skins?

Quote:In any case, I've tried the PVR build of openelec off and on and it is still too unstable for my use, so I'm going to continue to use the TV Guide add-on instead. Any chance you could PM the uncompressed textures for Quartz so I could build a TV Guide add-on skin to complement your great skin?

Take a look at https://github.com/pecinko It might be better to wait a bit though, until I finish transition to 1080.

Call me a noob, but do I just download the git from the Zip button and then install as normal?

Sorry for such a lame one but I usually just use your repository inside XBMC
(2012-05-31, 03:56)ajerazzor Wrote: [ -> ]Call me a noob, but do I just download the git from the Zip button and then install as normal?

Yes. To install from GitHub:

- grab a ZIP form https://github.com/pecinko/quartz or use https://github.com/pecinko/quartz/zipball/master for direct download
- addons -> settings -> install from zip