Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any default sounds in the Quartz skin? Troubleshooting menu sounds in openelec and with skin defaults I don't have menu sounds, although bursting bubbles works fine.

{EDIT} I answered my own question. I see there are sounds in the skin in the sounds folder. Not sure why they don't work for me...
I've seen mentions of network logos, but I don't see them in any of the view modes for tv shows. Is there a way to enable this?
I love this skin, but I'm having one issue Sad

Song information (album art, track name etc) doesn't display for streaming media.

It works fine when playing music files from my library, but when I try to stream music (eg: a digital radio station or airplay) the song information appears for a fraction of a second then fades away. Pressing 'i' doesn't work either. A black gradient appears on the bottom of the screen but nothing else.

This works with other skins, but not quartz.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Hi,

I'm loving this skin, but I think I have a Bug. I use this skin under Windows XBMC 11.0 stable.
The animation regarding the Focus-Frame is getting confused, when scrolling fast in a List.
It should already be on the next element of the list but it returns to the last one to finish the animation Huh
So it seems at last...

Is this a setting I need to change?

Regards
Vlaves

PS Thanks again for this great Skin Blush
(2012-06-04, 07:39)ozmbie Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin, but I'm having one issue Sad

Song information (album art, track name etc) doesn't display for streaming media.

It works fine when playing music files from my library, but when I try to stream music (eg: a digital radio station or airplay) the song information appears for a fraction of a second then fades away. Pressing 'i' doesn't work either. A black gradient appears on the bottom of the screen but nothing else.

This works with other skins, but not quartz.

Any help would be much appreciated!

What exactly should I do to reproduce this?

(2012-06-02, 16:23)Ebatte Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen mentions of network logos, but I don't see them in any of the view modes for tv shows. Is there a way to enable this?

No, not in Quartz. ReFocus skin has them.

(2012-06-05, 18:56)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]I'm loving this skin, but I think I have a Bug. I use this skin under Windows XBMC 11.0 stable.
The animation regarding the Focus-Frame is getting confused, when scrolling fast in a List.

What view? Can you post a video?
(2012-06-02, 16:10)Ebatte Wrote: [ -> ]{EDIT} I answered my own question. I see there are sounds in the skin in the sounds folder. Not sure why they don't work for me...

You should be able to hear the sound when you press select on a remote or enter on keyboard?
(2012-06-05, 23:33)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-05, 18:56)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]I'm loving this skin, but I think I have a Bug. I use this skin under Windows XBMC 11.0 stable.

I don't know how to make a video of this. But just go to a TV Show, where there are about 20 Episodes.
Go to the first one. Then press "down" on the keyboard, release the "down" key and repeat that as fast as you can.
You should see this effect I'm talking about. You could also select the first Episode and then hit the "down" key a leave it pressed, for me it is produceing the same effect. Home that explanation is enough to know what I mean Smile

Regards
Vlaves
(2012-06-06, 13:33)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know how to make a video of this. But just go to a TV Show, where there are about 20 Episodes.
Go to the first one. Then press "down" on the keyboard, release the "down" key and repeat that as fast as you can.
You should see this effect I'm talking about. You could also select the first Episode and then hit the "down" key a leave it pressed, for me it is produceing the same effect. Home that explanation is enough to know what I mean Smile

Regards
Vlaves

Can not reproduce on my side. What view? All of them?
Pecinko

If I wanted to change the icons that appear in the Browse> Videos and Files> Music section which file would I edit?
You will need to change default icons that are in media folder. File naming is pretty self explanatory.
Thanks pecinko but, I have already did that. I have an example below.

What do I need to edit to get this view
to use this icon as the fall back image
then you will need to delete your .dbs and let them rebuild as xbmc has cached it
@scrolling

Not sure if I've understood.

In first image you use your own DefaultActor.png. If no actor thumb is found XBMC shows that. It makes little sense in defining fallback="" image as it won't be used since DefaultActor.png is always there.

If you want your custom fallback image removed, just overwrite DefaultActor.png with the one supplied with Quartz.

Makes sense?
(2012-06-08, 10:07)mikey1234 Wrote: [ -> ]then you will need to delete your .dbs and let them rebuild as xbmc has cached it

yup, this might be the case as well.
Great news pecinko, you figured out how to do it with 1080
Just perfect Big Grin
(2012-06-04, 07:39)ozmbie Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin, but I'm having one issue Sad

What exactly should I do to reproduce this?

The easiest way would be to use Airplay to stream music from iOS/iTunes to XBMC. Or listen to any station using the Radio add-on.

The fullscreen visualisation will appear, along with the song information (album art, progress bar etc) but it will fade out instantly. Pressing 'i' to keep the info on screen doesnt work.

I hope that makes sense! I cant take screenshots from my ATV2 to explain it better.
@ozmbie
What happens when you bring up OSD controls?

(2012-06-08, 13:56)Baswazz Wrote: [ -> ]Great news pecinko, you figured out how to do it with 1080
Just perfect Big Grin

Thanks mate Smile

It was a long journey as you know.