Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm

Guys, if I asked you to suggest improved or completely new design for Quartz v.4, what would you like to keep, change or see improved?

(2012-06-22, 11:22)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm

Guys, if I asked you to suggest improved or completely new design for Quartz v.4, what would you like to keep, change or see improved?

Please, don't change it! It's absolutely perfect for my use. Perhaps the only thing would be to add a couple more views.... but even in that case I'd have to think which views would be worth adding. If you do create a new Quartz please keep this one and maintain basic support. It's the best skin by far for xbmc in my opinion. I love it and once again many thanks.

(2012-06-22, 11:22)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm

I love everything about "Quartz" just as it is!! - yes! other skins are image rich, which is nice, but I like the simple design of "Quartz"..

HOWEVER - as my TV is quite a long way from where I sit and listen to Music - sometimes I wish i could make the Font on the "Now Playing" screen a bit bigger, so, info on how I could do this myself would be awesome - Thanks!

YES! - I know I could (maybe) move the sofa nearer to the TV or get a new TV with a bigger screen - (I'm working on the wife on that one!)

P.S - Are you on Twitter??

Regards: Fred

OK, I have planned to go with a separate release for this new one.

Basicaly it's about Confluence (or Aeon if you like) home page layout and sightly revamped views to show more fanart.

Simple and easy to use design is kept.

(2012-06-22, 18:47)Fred Barker Wrote: [ -> ]HOWEVER - as my TV is quite a long way from where I sit and listen to Music - sometimes I wish i could make the Font on the "Now Playing" screen a bit bigger, so, info on how I could do this myself would be awesome - Thanks!

I hate to disappoint you but I think font is reasonably big already. It would look freaky for most users that are closer to TV.
I have only recently started using Quartz (and it is awesome, by the way... thanks!!!). I have a couple of questions. I've tried figuring this out, and searching for answers, but so far no luck...

#1 TvTunes - I know TvTunes support was added a while back, however I can't seem to get it working. I have added the TvTunes addon, downloaded that various mp3s for my shows, but I'm not hearing any of them when browsing my TV shows. Have I missed something? I can't find a Skin setting for it anywhere, so I assume it is meant to 'just work'.

#2 Request: Random Items? - Yeah, I'm sorry to be yet another person asking this question, however I'd love to see the return of 'Random Items' (in addition to 'Recently Added'). I envision a "Featured Items" option beneath Movies on the home page, which is periodically updated with other random items. Being able to filter by rating would be excellent (i.e. only select unwatched, random items with >3 stars).

#3 Crash - I have renamed the 'Pictures' category to replace it with 'Live TV' (so glad you allowed this customization, by the way... very useful!!). Within it's shelf, I placed favourites containing direct links to iPlayer 'watch live' streams. These work some of the time (perhaps about 1 in 4 tries). The rest of the time the interface locks completely, requiring a hard reboot. I'm not sure if this is a bug within Quartz, the iPlayer add-on or Eden itself, but I thought you may want to try and reproduce it yourself. (Edit: XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/fKjaVFW1 )
(2012-06-25, 11:43)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-22, 18:47)Fred Barker Wrote: [ -> ]HOWEVER - as my TV is quite a long way from where I sit and listen to Music - sometimes I wish i could make the Font on the "Now Playing" screen a bit bigger, so, info on how I could do this myself would be awesome - Thanks!

I hate to disappoint you but I think font is reasonably big already. It would look freaky for most users that are closer to TV.

Ok that's fine and not disappointed but very happy with Quartz as it is and thank you for all the great work you do!!
Looking forward to see what you've come up with as new design! - Fred

(2012-06-25, 18:54)buncle Wrote: [ -> ]I have only recently started using Quartz (and it is awesome, by the way... thanks!!!). I have a couple of questions. I've tried figuring this out, and searching for answers, but so far no luck...

#1 TvTunes - I know TvTunes support was added a while back, however I can't seem to get it working. I have added the TvTunes addon, downloaded that various mp3s for my shows, but I'm not hearing any of them when browsing my TV shows. Have I missed something? I can't find a Skin setting for it anywhere, so I assume it is meant to 'just work'.

#2 Request: Random Items? - Yeah, I'm sorry to be yet another person asking this question, however I'd love to see the return of 'Random Items' (in addition to 'Recently Added'). I envision a "Featured Items" option beneath Movies on the home page, which is periodically updated with other random items. Being able to filter by rating would be excellent (i.e. only select unwatched, random items with >3 stars).

#3 Crash - I have renamed the 'Pictures' category to replace it with 'Live TV' (so glad you allowed this customization, by the way... very useful!!). Within it's shelf, I placed favourites containing direct links to iPlayer 'watch live' streams. These work some of the time (perhaps about 1 in 4 tries). The rest of the time the interface locks completely, requiring a hard reboot. I'm not sure if this is a bug within Quartz, the iPlayer add-on or Eden itself, but I thought you may want to try and reproduce it yourself.

Ad 1 - if tvtunes is present on system bg music should start. I don't use it myself but it was working fine last time I checked. Could you try it in Confluence?

2 - you can not play with it that way. I can only show "x" random items and that's all.

3 - If everything works fine when you start iPlayer's items from favourites, all should be good when you assign those items to the shelf?
(2012-06-25, 23:54)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Ad 1 - if tvtunes is present on system bg music should start. I don't use it myself but it was working fine last time I checked. Could you try it in Confluence?

2 - you can not play with it that way. I can only show "x" random items and that's all.

3 - If everything works fine when you start iPlayer's items from favourites, all should be good when you assign those items to the shelf?

1. I finally figured it out. Looks like I needed to specify my SMB login details within the add-on's settings.

2. Even "x" random items would be good. Is this available now in the nightly? Or is this not yet available? (I'm currently using Quartz from the repo).

3. They work fine from the favourites, but they only seem to hang the interface when selected from the shelf (with little to go on from the log, as you probably noticed). As I said, it works about ~25% of the time from the shelf (crashes ~75% of the time), and 100% of the time from favourites. I'm not really sure what else I can try to get more information for you. Any thoughts?
Also, to add to my initial list:

#4 - XBMC Backup does not appear to save the Quartz Skin settings. All other XBMC configuration settings (including add-on settings, favourites, thumbs, etc) are stored correctly within the backup file, however any custom menu changes, changes to the shelf, and other Quartz-specific settings are not restored when recovering the backup. (Not a major issue for me, just a bit of a pain... I use XMBC Backup to "duplicate" my lounge ATV over to my bedroom ATV, otherwise I'd never have noticed).

Is this likely to be a tricky fix? (I'm thinking that it could be more of a hassle for others that use XMBC Backup to recover their installation in the event of an Apple Software Update/Restore).
Hi, love the skin, recent convert from xperience Smile

One possible bug I found is that when my library is updating it pops up during playback of video, anyway to hide it?

Thanks
(2012-06-26, 07:14)buncle Wrote: [ -> ]Also, to add to my initial list:

#4 - XBMC Backup does not appear to save the Quartz Skin settings. All other XBMC configuration settings (including add-on settings, favourites, thumbs, etc) are stored correctly within the backup file, however any custom menu changes, changes to the shelf, and other Quartz-specific settings are not restored when recovering the backup. (Not a major issue for me, just a bit of a pain... I use XMBC Backup to "duplicate" my lounge ATV over to my bedroom ATV, otherwise I'd never have noticed).

Is this likely to be a tricky fix? (I'm thinking that it could be more of a hassle for others that use XMBC Backup to recover their installation in the event of an Apple Software Update/Restore).

And you are sure XBMC backup is backing up skin settings as well? Smile Anyway, this has nothing to do with a skin Smile
(2012-06-26, 11:43)Ilia Wrote: [ -> ]One possible bug I found is that when my library is updating it pops up during playback of video, anyway to hide it?

Sure, I'll take a look.
(2012-06-26, 11:43)Ilia Wrote: [ -> ]One possible bug I found is that when my library is updating it pops up during playback of video, anyway to hide it?

Fixed on GitHub.
(2012-06-25, 11:43)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I have planned to go with a separate release for this new one.

Basicaly it's about Confluence (or Aeon if you like) home page layout and sightly revamped views to show more fanart.

Simple and easy to use design is kept.

That's enough talk from you mister! Now go make that skin and post it to OP. I need my new skin fix fast Smile
Instead of having the long bar at the top when paused that shows the time can it be separated into litlle boxes just to hold the time.......any chance not having any black opacity in the vignettes at all......only on the bits that show the info
(2012-06-26, 12:25)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]

Fixed on GitHub.

Too quick Smile thanks