Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway of enabling Fanart in media info view or media info 2 view

Really miss it
Or even in icon view ?
Pecinko,

is there any chance that you would change your stance on adding favourites to the XBMC menu? I've started using profiles because of audio options and I'm thinking of making a profile for my daughter with all the kids series and such. XBMC does not allow for easy switching between profiles though, but it does allow you to specify a profile as a favourite.

I'd like to put these favourites in the XBMC menu or in the shelf, but that's not currently possible in the skin. (I've already renamed the XBMC menu to indicate the active profile) I don't know of another menu or shelf that it would be more appropriate in, I keep coming back to the XBMC menu, as that's where the logoff, system and quit options are as well.

Any chance you might allow favourites for this purpose?
(2012-08-03, 21:23)mediumdry Wrote: [ -> ]Pecinko,

is there any chance that you would change your stance on adding favourites to the XBMC menu? I've started using profiles because of audio options and I'm thinking of making a profile for my daughter with all the kids series and such. XBMC does not allow for easy switching between profiles though, but it does allow you to specify a profile as a favourite.

I'd like to put these favourites in the XBMC menu or in the shelf, but that's not currently possible in the skin. (I've already renamed the XBMC menu to indicate the active profile) I don't know of another menu or shelf that it would be more appropriate in, I keep coming back to the XBMC menu, as that's where the logoff, system and quit options are as well.

Any chance you might allow favourites for this purpose?

I'm very sorry mate, but no new features from me.

Besides, I'm not sure I get what problem is as log off item is there, under XBMC. You can disable all other items and leave only that in kid's profile. Active profile should be easy to spot as kid's library would have different items on the shelf or in the menus.

Finally, I would suggest mapping desired action to a remote button via custom keymap.xml .

What can I change in the xmls to have Fanart with mediainfo and info 2 and also list view
(2012-08-05, 20:39)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I'm very sorry mate, but no new features from me.
Fair enough. Was there any interest in taking over maintenance of quartz? I haven't seen it here.
(2012-08-05, 20:39)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, I'm not sure I get what problem is as log off item is there, under XBMC. You can disable all other items and leave only that in kid's profile. Active profile should be easy to spot as kid's library would have different items on the shelf or in the menus.

Finally, I would suggest mapping desired action to a remote button via custom keymap.xml .

It's a matter of ease and configurability. Right now, we're talking about 3 profiles, but I can see a number more. Having them right there for the choosing without having to log out and back in on another profile is simply convenient (and removes at least one click).

Going the custom keymap route is an option, although it would create multiple keymaps of course and would get difficult with more profiles. And I can only do keymaps since I got the pulse eight nyxboard remote... was using the apple remote before, it makes custom keymaps a challenge! Smile
(2012-08-05, 21:38)mediumdry Wrote: [ -> ]Going the custom keymap route is an option, although it would create multiple keymaps of course and would get difficult with more profiles. And I can only do keymaps since I got the pulse eight nyxboard remote... was using the apple remote before, it makes custom keymaps a challenge! Smile

What I had in mind is mapping log off function to, say, MENU button on home page. Pressing it you would end up with all your profiles in front of ya.

(2012-08-05, 21:28)mikey1234 Wrote: [ -> ]What can I change in the xmls to have Fanart with mediainfo and info 2 and also list view

You should add
PHP Code:
<control type="image" description="fanart">
        <
posx>0</posx>
        <
posy>0</posy>
        <
width>1920</width>
        <
height>1080</height>
        <
fadetime>300</fadetime>
        <
animation effect="fade" time="300">Visible</animation>
        <
animation effect="fade" time="300">Hidden</animation>
        <
aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
        <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
      </
control

to the views you want fanart added. Look in View_Videos.xml
Can I add it anywhere in the view I want it or does it have to be at the top middle or bottom ?
(2012-08-07, 19:45)mikey1234 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I add it anywhere in the view I want it or does it have to be at the top middle or bottom ?

Somewhere on top so that other stuff gets drawn over it.
Thank you
First of all I have to say this is my favorite skin for XBMC which is why I hope I can find a fix for this issue.

I just installed the PVR build of XBMC last night and started configuring Live TV. Using Confluence everything works properly, but with Quartz every time I go to view the EPG in timeline format XBMC crashes. I get a windows error report dialog box stating that an unhandled exception has occurred.

The other question I have is it possible to add Live TV to favorites so that it can be placed under another menu other that Add On?
(2012-08-07, 15:51)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-05, 21:28)mikey1234 Wrote: [ -> ]What can I change in the xmls to have Fanart with mediainfo and info 2 and also list view

You should add
PHP Code:
<control type="image" description="fanart">
        <
posx>0</posx>
        <
posy>0</posy>
        <
width>1920</width>
        <
height>1080</height>
        <
fadetime>300</fadetime>
        <
animation effect="fade" time="300">Visible</animation>
        <
animation effect="fade" time="300">Hidden</animation>
        <
aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
        <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
      </
control

to the views you want fanart added. Look in View_Videos.xml

Can this be applied to the wall (icon) view also? If so where and what .xml file?

The progress bar looks a little weird in current version.
Can this please be fixed for the next release?

Why is it that when I try to download the zip file to my computer it says "The requested URL was not found on this server"?
First of all, I want to say a big thanks to Pecinko for the amazing skin! I'm running this on my ATV2 and HTPC and the experience is clean and simple and exactly what I need. I've recently sync'd my libraries on the ATV2 and HTPC. After doing that, I also added pathsubstitution into the advancedsettings.xml for my playlists and my favourites.xml. After setting up the substitution for the favourites, which I copied from the ATV2, I confirmed that I could see the correct favourites on my HTPC by going to XBMC -> Favourites from the home screen. The same list as what was on my ATV2! However, the problem I'm having is that when I go to XBMC -> Settings -> Skin and then select the Home menus customizer, and I go to add a favourite under one of the menus, it pulls up the old favourites.xml that I had on the HTPC, not the substituted one. Is there something hardcoded in the skin that it won't allow a substituted favourites list? And is that something I could tweak? Advance thanks to anyone who can offer some assistance.

And congrats Pecinko on your soon to arrive little one! My son was born in June so I definitely understand the time commitment challenges! Enjoy every second!
(2012-08-29, 19:00)agustin.davalos Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that when I try to download the zip file to my computer it says "The requested URL was not found on this server"?

Looks like the zip isn't available. However, there's no need for it. This is part of the XBMC.org repo that you already have. Go to System/Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Skin -> Quartz