Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
spid3y7 Wrote:On my PC, I have the following options: List, Icons, Fanart

Let me guess, you're not using library (not that you have to) ?
pecinko Wrote:Let me guess, you're not using library (not that you have to) ?

No, I'm not. I organize all my media by hand. I'm happy with having only box art, and banners Smile
pecinko Wrote:No, I got pissed my requests for better skin support gets ignored :-) What's new?

Smile Not ignored, just a lower priority.

The problem I have is my lack of skin knowledge, so needed to make sure I could do what I wanted (and understand it), before adding more requests.

So, i'm free to help/assist/look at requests now..

Shoesy Wrote:I think hippo likes people to use his confluence mod really! ShameSad he has improved media flags and speed apparently, can't get it to link up myself at the moment though - gotta downgrade everything I think.

I'm just happy that people are using the addon, and that I haven;t wasted my time Smile I do push the confluence mod, only so people can see what can be done to turn XBMC into a dedicated Plex Media Server client. And I do think that best results are from skins that have been twesked for plexbmc (especially since I've implemented bonjour in pre-EDEN builds).

To be honest, I don't actually like the media views in Confluence - not enough information and it all seems very squashed. I'm looking at other skins as the mo for PleXBMC tweaking (cirrus is one I've played with).

Quartz is another, but I really don't want to start messing about with Pecinko's code without letting him know what I'm messing with..
Hello,

First of all thank you for this great skin!

there is something on my mind though
the recently added tv shows on the main page shows picture-sample's of the series
isn't it cleaner/nicer if we see the season poster or the show poster.. so that i can actually see the difference between one tree hill and grey's anatomy Smile

thank you for reading
spid3y7 Wrote:No, I'm not. I organize all my media by hand. I'm happy with having only box art, and banners Smile

Stay tuned, new release will solve this.
hippojay Wrote:I do push the confluence mod, only so people can see what can be done to turn XBMC into a dedicated Plex Media Server client.

There's more then one way to skin the cat and I guess I'm probably for the other one.

You are of course free to mod Quartz to a dedicated Plex client if interested, just put a disclaimer so it's clear that's Plexbmc mod of a skin.

On a side note, one question if you don't mind - taking into account efforts you invested, XonX around and recent patches to XBMC you provided - I tend to think XBMC media manager/server for OS X might be better/interesting alternative? I might be all astray, though.
joeblack2k Wrote:isn't it cleaner/nicer if we see the season poster or the show poster.. so that i can actually see the difference between one tree hill and grey's anatomy Smile

You are probably right, but it's not possible ATM, AFAIK.

It's questionable how would it look if you add, say, 5 new episodes of the same TV Show.
pecinko Wrote:You are of course free to mod Quartz to a dedicated Plex client if interested, just put a disclaimer so it's clear that's Plexbmc mod of a skin.

Ta - As with confluence, all credit stays with the skin creators (thats the hard bit) and I simply add my name as the mod'er. On the newer confluence mod, I've started putting a plex logo (well, Plex on XBMC) so that it's a little more obvious whats going on. I'll do something similar for QUARTZ (If I mange to mod it, horizontal menus cause me problems)

Quote:On a side note, one question if you don't mind - taking into account efforts you invested, XonX around and recent patches to XBMC you provided - I tend to think XBMC media manager/server for OS X might be better/interesting alternative? I might be all astray, though.

You are probably right, but I'm not sure thats the direction that Team XBMC want to go in. They certainly don't want to split XBMC into a server and client product, which is fine. However, at the moment, XBMC is a bit heavy to be a server only, although the dirty region stuff may reduce it's overhead.

This is why I haven't spend as much time on XonX as I have n PleXBMC, Plex media server has all the facilities to run as a dedicated media server, XBMC isn't quite there yet. Simply things, like seeking in a file delivered by the web server doesn't work yet.

In the future, it would be nice if XBMC could be started in server only mode, and managed through the web interface (or managed through a 3rd party web interface using JSON).
Question: would it be possible to include a Genres submenu item under movies as well as recently added ? Or is there a way to use favorites to do such a thing to add it as a custom menu option someone might know about. Kind of like Genres in Confluence or Transparency.
dynaflash Wrote:Or is there a way to use favorites to do such a thing to add it as a custom menu option someone might know about. Kind of like Genres in Confluence or Transparency.

Yup, just add anything you want to favourites, enable custom links for a submenu you would like to edit (in skin settings) and then assign a link from favourites.

ALT: Click on 3 dots to browse library and choose from there.
pecinko Wrote:Yup, just add anything you want to favourites, enable custom links for a submenu you would like to edit (in skin settings) and then assign a link from favourites.

ALT: Click on 3 dots to browse library and choose from there.

hmm, looks like I can sort by genres but its still the whole list of movies, not a separate menu of genres which can then be clicked on to bring you to a list for just that genre ... will do a bit of digging.
dynaflash Wrote:hmm, looks like I can sort by genres but its still the whole list of movies, not a separate menu of genres which can then be clicked on to bring you to a list for just that genre ... will do a bit of digging.

Library (3 dots), movies, stand on Genres, bring up context menu, add to favourites.

Now, go to favourites select genres and it will lead you to a list of available genres. If everything's OK (it will be:-) , add it as custom link to menu of your choice.
pecinko Wrote:Library (3 dots), movies, stand on Genres, bring up context menu, add to favourites.

Now, go to favourites select genres and it will lead you to a list of available genres. If everything's OK (it will be:-) , add it as custom link to menu of your choice.

Very cool. Thanks so much, had kind of a tough time navigating to the specific library area (via the three dots at the bottom of the list) but it worked out fine. Thanks again! Skin totally rocks on atv 1 linux with the chd. Running latest git head with dirty regions and boost and the interface is wicked fast, much faster than the stock atv os. Kudos, thanks and nice job!
hippojay Wrote:Ta - As with confluence, all credit stays with the skin creators (thats the hard bit) and I simply add my name as the mod'er. On the newer confluence mod, I've started putting a plex logo (well, Plex on XBMC) so that it's a little more obvious whats going on.

OK. that should suffice for people to realize they should look elsewhere for the skin support.

Quote:(If I mange to mod it, horizontal menus cause me problems)

And all this for the sake of avoiding necessity of using Plexbmc automatically populated favourites? Are Plex users actually afraid of using Xbmc? Sorry, I digress ... I don't believe Quartz home page would cause you any problem at all.
I'm fairly new to all of this, having had my AppleTV 2 and XBMC for under a week now. I've learned two important lessons about skins in that time:

1. Updating to the nightly builds appears to severely limit my skin selection
2. The ATV2 can't handle too many bells and whistles

Somebody at another forum pointed me to Quartz, and after trying a couple other skins that claimed to "work well" with ATV2, I wasn't all that optimistic. But holy crap, dude, this is amazing! Not only does it work on my nightly, but it's by far the fastest, cleanest skin I've seen. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that it should be installed by default (if not selected) on all ATV builds...

My only real question at the moment, given I'm so new at this, is how skin updates are handled. Judging by the replies, it sounds like this skin is being actively developed. Now that I have it installed, if it updates, how do I find out? Since I installed it via adding the repo, does Add-ons just tell me there's an update? Of course, everything seems to be working so beautifully at the moment that I may not even bother...

Great work!