Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
brc64 Wrote:Since I installed it via adding the repo, does Add-ons just tell me there's an update?

Yup. I will post info in forum, too.

It's also possible that a new release will be available in official repo.
Contrary to what I had in mind at the beginning skin has quite evolved. As release that's being prepared is a major update (maybe even bigger that Nox 2 Quartz), I would be grateful if there is someone that would like to test it a bit.

I'm looking for ATV and iPad users and I'm only interested in possible speed and usability issues for now as this is still WIP and there might be a few things missing or broken.

So PM me if you think you could help with some feedback.
OK guys, thanks for help offered. I have enough testers for now.

Let me finish a few details and I will send you a link so you can test it.
Hello,

I have just registered to say "Thank You!" for this great skin and your efforts..
ogungor Wrote:Hello,

I have just registered to say "Thank You!" for this great skin and your efforts..

Thanks, I appreciate it.
pecinko Wrote:And all this for the sake of avoiding necessity of using Plexbmc automatically populated favourites? Are Plex users actually afraid of using Xbmc? Sorry, I digress ... I don't believe Quartz home page would cause you any problem at all.

I liked the idea of automatic favorites, but I thought you'd tried that and it wouldn't work?

Anyway, I modded the Quartz Home screen today for PleXBMC. Wasn't too bad, but there is a definite a lot less space in horizontal menus than for vert.. All the rest is the same and no changes to media views.
hippojay Wrote:I liked the idea of automatic favorites, but I thought you'd tried that and it wouldn't work?

I thought you said you'll gonna take care of that :-)

Quote:Anyway, I modded the Quartz Home screen today for PleXBMC. Wasn't too bad, but there is a definite a lot less space in horizontal menus than for vert.. All the rest is the same and no changes to media views.

New release might have slightly more space and a few additional views.
Hi Pec, I've been away a bit without internet. Interested to see the new updates on Quartz. Are you done testing? Would be keen to add feedback for beta release
As well I am running three atv 1 's all on xbmc git head so can test any dirty region stuff an also of course its all post lib boost. Any help I can provide is offered.
Here's a little update.

I decided to post a public link to a new version and skip initial performance test.

Reason is simple - although I added some more textures, I believe skin is really quick in both Dharma and pre-Eden. With dirty regions enabled, this is even more true. You will probably notice a few lags with animations ONLY with very recent Xbmc builds, but devs are already working on fixing this.

A word of notice to ATV purists :-) out there. You may be slightly surprised with some skin looks and my statement that this is not ATV replica may prove true:-) It's nothing dramatical, and you may also find one of the new views, in fact, looks very similar to ATV2. I think that all changes are for the better but, if you're afraid - make a backup of a previous version first.

New version's design is pretty much finalized and I would like to smash bugs and add missing pieces (I may have slightly neglected file views) before I submit it to a main repo, provided that XBMC team finds Quartz useful and interesting.

I'm still interested in suggestions, especially regarding performance and ease of use.

Now, let me try to get my hands on a windows pc so I can pack those textures and provide you with a download link.
Those are great news. Thank you for this amazing skin.
Please, find updated link on a first page and do a manual install from a ZIP.

Works fine on Dharma & nighties. Nave fun and post your findings.
New update is fantastic, this is the best skin for XBMC on atv2 ever. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pecinko Wrote:Please, find updated link on a first page and do a manual install from a ZIP.

Works fine on Dharma & nighties. Nave fun and post your findings.

Very nice, thanks for all the hard work you've put into this...

...can't work out how to hide the "Add-ons" submenus though.

<edit> or hide weather/programs/favourites </edit>

Cheers,

Simon.
Simian Wrote:...can't work out how to hide the "Add-ons" submenus though.
<edit> or hide weather/programs/favourites </edit>

Not yet implemented. Will add it soon.