Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Add from favorites custom item into submenu is not working...in 1.0.2 update.
pecinko Wrote:Pushed update. Hopefully all issues are solved.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but the background for the XBMC menu (on the homepage) uses the file defined for add-ons and not settings.

Settings

Background of the XBMC menu

If it supposed to work like that, it's fine (I can set the same image for both) - it's just different than < v1.0 Smile

mvh
Allan
ajoergensen Wrote:I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but the background for the XBMC menu (on the homepage) uses the file defined for add-ons and not settings.
Allan

It's on purpose because you have other items in xbmc menu, not just settings. I wanted to use generic background with xbmc logo or something like that, but this is best I could find ATM.

@all

BTW I have sent request for official repo but did not receive any feedback yet. Maybe it will work out after I return from vacation. Feel free to send feedback in the meantime and have fun.
pecinko Wrote:It's on purpose because you have other items in xbmc menu, not just settings. I wanted to use generic background with xbmc logo or something like that, but this is best I could find ATM.

Make sense; I'll just set the image to the same as my settings image. Perhaps you should change the label (add-ons) in the Quartz settings?

mvh
Allan
Add from favorites custom item into submenu is not working...in 1.0.2 update.

Enter Item what next, nothing, no item in submenu.....
alexdzn Wrote:Add from favorites custom item into submenu is not working...in 1.0.2 update.

Enter Item what next, nothing, no item in submenu.....

Thanks, will fix.
Hi,

Was just trying out the Quartz skin...very nice work! Clean, simple, elegant. A couple of minor cosmetic bits I personally would change, but overall excellent stuff--my new favourite skin Smile

One problem though. On my ATV2, I went into the TV Shows menu to look at my TV shows, started scrolling down, and poof--sudden reboot of ATV2, back to default Frontrow desktop. I've attached the pastebin for my xbmc.log, which I downloaded immediately after the crash.

http://pastebin.com/kq9K2eRr

Also, one other small bug--when I go to a TV show and click "Refresh" on the right-hand side, it asks if I want to "refresh info for all episodes". I get a Yes/No prompt with the default set to "No". However, it doesn't seem to matter whether I press Yes or No at that point; regardless of which button I press, the Refresh process starts. I'd think pressing "No" is supposed to take me back to the info screen, correct?

Anyway, thanks again, great skin, and looking forward to updates Smile
canadave Wrote:Hi,
One problem though. On my ATV2, I went into the TV Shows menu to look at my TV shows, started scrolling down, and poof--sudden reboot of ATV2, back to default Frontrow desktop. I've attached the pastebin for my xbmc.log, which I downloaded immediately after the crash. http://pastebin.com/kq9K2eRr

I would start by using "Quartz (nightly)" on ATV2.

Am I right that you are running Dharma version of Quartz?

Please note that even if you're using latest official release for ATV2, you are still using XBMC nightly build, NOT stable (Dharma).

Quote:Also, one other small bug--when I go to a TV show and click "Refresh" on the right-hand side, it asks if I want to "refresh info for all episodes". I get a Yes/No prompt with the default set to "No". However, it doesn't seem to matter whether I press Yes or No at that point; regardless of which button I press, the Refresh process starts. I'd think pressing "No" is supposed to take me back to the info screen, correct?

This is not skin related. I just skin whatever XBMC returns here.
1.0.3 is out with a fix for making custom items and hopefully better backgrounds menagement.
1.0.3 music addons (default music subitems) are not displayed in home menu - issue, only files can be displayed, custom items are working now.

And one more thing, cay you progress dialog and folder loading dialog windows put upper left or right corner and small like in Alaska or Fusion, or like scanning process windows in the best skin - Quarz, no needs to see it every time in the middle of display.

xml from Fusion dialog progress and busy dialog:http://cl.ly/0A3b0d191B342Q0j0c12
alexdzn Wrote:1.0.3 music addons (default music subitems) are not displayed in home menu - issue, only files can be displayed, custom items are working now.

Strange, this is what I have

Test on Mac and Atv2 on both only files and custom items, no addons and others.
alexdzn Wrote:Test on Mac and Atv2 on both only files and custom items, no addons and others.

I cannot reproduce problem. Try reseting all skin options to defaults
Ok, clear, the problem is if I have music library in media mode, then ok, if I do not add music files and use only music addons, then it is not working as it was before. So, music addons must be displayed in any mode (file and media modes)?
alexdzn Wrote:Ok, clear, the problem is if I have music library in media mode, then ok, if I do not add music files and use only music addons, then it is not working as it was before. So, music addons must be displayed in any mode (file and media modes)?

Ok, I'll take a look. Work around would be to scan at least 1 item to library, if you are right about what the problem might be.