Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pecinko Wrote:I was kidding :-) What about Movies and Music?
I'd have to look more at music, but in Movies, I've gotten used to the mediainfo2 look, but like I mentioned, you can get more space for the text if you move the minutes/trailer/year info to the right of the small poster and remove the title (as it's selected on the right already)

This is one of the only skins where the text is easily readable on my 32" screen from across the room, and it has enough space for the text at the same time. So more space for the text is good imho.

pecinko Wrote:EDIT: One more thing. What to show on the left side if I get right one populated with banners and you don't use fanart? Do you have mockup or screenshot from other skin that you like?

I have no examples, although I could edit a screenshot from the current skin. For me, you simply "drag" the top part up. So everything would move up. On the left, you'd first have the title of the show and the info that's there now. Possibly the logo of the channel and under that the text describing the show. If there's space left, that'd just be whitespace, or black in this case. Very minimal and simple. You could put a "XX episodes, XX watched/unwatched" in there at the top, possibly. I don't want to change the design too much, as it's already quite nice! I like not too have too much stuff, so no showlogos and such. Clean and clear.
Have you tried mediainfo2 with TVShows?
of course, and for the seasons (although I flatten it all to 1 view) I use it. Works very well with the episode thumb. For the TV Shows overview, it doesn't work for me, as I prefer banners to posters. The banner looks kind of lost not quite in the middle. Besides, wide has a larger font, which I prefer as well. And with the extra space that will be created, there is a much smaller risk of having to scroll.

[edit] thinking about it, I am requesting a change to mediainfo2 for movies that won't work as well for tv shows. In my opinion, the title can be removed for the tv show as well, for the same reason as for the movies. But where with the movie poster you have space between it and the list, once it gets to the smaller size, you don't have that with the tv show thumb.

However, in both the movies and tv shows mediainfo2, there is a lot of space you can win for the plot text by removing the title and moving the non-plot info higher than the current title. (possibly well into the image reflection if it remains readable) In my opinion, it will probably look better, but that's a matter of taste Smile
mediumdry Wrote:[edit] thinking about it, I am requesting a change to mediainfo2 for movies that won't work as well for tv shows. In my opinion, the title can be removed for the tv show as well, for the same reason as for the movies. But where with the movie poster you have space between it and the list, once it gets to the smaller size, you don't have that with the tv show thumb.

Thanks for suggestions. As you realized yourself it is not as easy as it looks as it will alter other sections as well. But not something that I can't solve, though.

I have kept wide view as it was, but altered panel so it fills the whole screen. For TVShows it's just what you wanted, for other stuff - half wall view with info on the left.

I wanted to add a new view but xbmc didn't like it for some reason.
pecinko Wrote:Thanks for suggestions. As you realized yourself it is not as easy as it looks as it will alter other sections as well. But not something that I can't solve, though.
I once tried to change a skin and got stuck rather fast, even though I wanted to create something like a kiosk mode, with only one option for everything. So I do realize all the dependencies and weird little things that show up in places you didn't anticipate they would if you change something else.

pecinko Wrote:I have kept wide view as it was, but altered panel so it fills the whole screen. For TVShows it's just what you wanted, for other stuff - half wall view with info on the left.
Let's hope people won't request the old format again Smile
By the way, if I have Quartz through your repo, it will auto update at some point? Or can we get SVN like versions as well?

pecinko Wrote:I wanted to add a new view but xbmc didn't like it for some reason.
There's a max amount of views?
mediumdry Wrote:By the way, if I have Quartz through your repo, it will auto update at some point? Or can we get SVN like versions as well?

Yep, it will autoupdate if you haven't disabled autoupdates in addon settings. It's pretty much SVN like - I make some changes, test that out and push them to a repo.

One thing worth noticing, though. You will need pre-Eden version of XBMC. Dharma will be updated only with bug fixes.
pecinko Wrote:Yep, it will autoupdate if you haven't disabled autoupdates in addon settings. It's pretty much SVN like - I make some changes, test that out and push them to a repo.

Both Quartz and Quartz (nightly), the latter which I'm running on a recent nightly, are on version 1.0.3. Just wondering if I'm current, as it hasn't updated for a while, I don't think.
You are, I have not pushed 1.0.4. yet.

Quartz (nightly) is a version for nightly builds (pre-eden) and will be actively developed. Quartz is for Dharma and will get only bugfixes.
OK, new version for Dharma is in official repo. Mainly bug fixes and some cosmetics.

Next step pre-Eden repo.
I'll be doing some cosmetics to views in pre-eden version so if you have a suggestion or a request, don't be shy.
just wondering, what's the ETA of 1.04 nightly? I'm much looking forward to it.

I do have a request though... I am using the new slingbox functionality, however, channel changing is not possible with my Apple remote. Is there any way to incorporate a "channel up" and "channel down" somewhere? Most obvious place for it would be the control screen that gets overlaid on video, where you can choose subtitles/video/audio options and the like. But I'm not sure there's space there...
mediumdry Wrote:just wondering, what's the ETA of 1.04 nightly? I'm much looking forward to it.

I wanted to push it to a main repo, which would take a week or so, but I guess I could push quick update through my repo first. I'll do my best.

Quote:I do have a request though... I am using the new slingbox functionality, however, channel changing is not possible with my Apple remote. Is there any way to incorporate a "channel up" and "channel down" somewhere? Most obvious place for it would be the control screen that gets overlaid on video, where you can choose subtitles/video/audio options and the like. But I'm not sure there's space there...

Well lets start with you posting some screens and explaining me what it is about (I'm in Europe). We will eventually come up with something. Are you using it on Mac or ATV2?
Japaja Wrote:Oh.. OK, but how do other skins like say Refocus do it? It just seems redundad to me if I enter Black Eyed Peas album to have artist name next to every song, if u see what

There's a simple solution for this if you're still interested.
How do I disable Addons in Quartz? All I can select is the changelog. I can not move up or down, as the other options seem greyed out? This is on a ATV2 using the latest nighties for XBMC and Quartz.
Loving this skin. Simple, Fast and and has the right touch of customization. Thanks to all involved who made this skin what it is today. It makes my ATV2 smile Smile
pecinko Wrote:There's a simple solution for this if you're still interested.

Move artist name to 2nd line? Smile