Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
evallee Wrote:Thanks for the amazing work, in comparison to others this is easily the most navigable interface I have found for my needs. I do have a request that might be able to be integrated in a non intrusive format. Currently I am using Quartz in a touch screen mobile environment, and although I can replicate the "back" functionality without use of the touch screen, the incorporation of a back button would reduce the need for multiple control devices. I was hoping a back button on each screen would be possible, but also understand that this would not assist most users, could this be a function turned on / off in the settings? I appreciate your time and understand if this is not possible, just thought I would ask.

Skin was touch friendly from earliest releases, until Jezz_X made skin Touched.

Since it seamed that just a few people used Quartz on touch devices I dropped back button eventually. I did not hear from Shoesy for a while now, so you might be the only touchscreen user.

What about close buttons (e.g. small "X" in context menu)? Are those needed as well?
pecinko: Hey so for my AtvCloner distro I am using Quartz as the default skin (using the nightlies) ... Anyway ... I have Recently added as a shortcut on the home screen for movies ... which is great as long as something is in the library (it shows the recently added movie thumbs across the top) but with an empty library of course there are no thumbs or "covers" shown across the top however in that scenario the XBMC logo is also not shown so its just an empty panel across the top. Would it be a big deal to make it so that if there are no covers across the top the XBMC logo would show ?

Thanks, Looking forward to you next "nightly" repo release!
pecinko Wrote:Skin was touch friendly from earliest releases, until Jezz_X made skin Touched.

Since it seamed that just a few people used Quartz on touch devices I dropped back button eventually. I did not hear from Shoesy for a while now, so you might be the only touchscreen user.

What about close buttons (e.g. small "X" in context menu)? Are those needed as well?

Yes, I guess so (small x).

First I was not expecting such a quick or even positive response. Where do I go to donate, thanks so much!
dynaflash Wrote:pecinko: Hey so for my AtvCloner distro I am using Quartz as the default skin (using the nightlies) ... Anyway ... I have Recently added as a shortcut on the home screen for movies ... which is great as long as something is in the library (it shows the recently added movie thumbs across the top) but with an empty library of course there are no thumbs or "covers" shown across the top however in that scenario the XBMC logo is also not shown so its just an empty panel across the top. Would it be a big deal to make it so that if there are no covers across the top the XBMC logo would show ?

Thanks, Looking forward to you next "nightly" repo release!

Hey, what happens when you turn off recently added?
evallee Wrote:Yes, I guess so (small x).

First I was not expecting such a quick or even positive response. Where do I go to donate, thanks so much!

Donate your patience :-) I'm moving steadily but slower than I would like with new release.
pecinko Wrote:Hey, what happens when you turn off recently added?
Then the xbmc logo shows up. The thing is .. its nice to have Recently Added across the top as its much like the atv os ui. Its just my distro ships of course with an empty library so would be nice to show the xbmc logo if there are no covers to show across the top. Hope that makes sense. Not a deal breaker by any means. Just a thought.
dynaflash Wrote:Then the xbmc logo shows up. The thing is .. its nice to have Recently Added across the top as its much like the atv os ui. Its just my distro ships of course with an empty library so would be nice to show the xbmc logo if there are no covers to show across the top. Hope that makes sense. Not a deal breaker by any means. Just a thought.

OK, a skin is definitely missing a check. However, R.Added are turned off by default so problem rises if there is no content in library, but user activates this option.

To prevent it change

Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="301" description="Recently Added">
                        [b]<enable>Library.HasContent(movies)</enable>[/b]
                        <include>SettingsButtonCommons</include>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31328]</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Movies_Custom_Shortcuts)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Movies_Random_Items)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Movies_Recently_Added)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(Movies_Recently_Added)</selected>
                    </control>
<control type="radiobutton" id="302" description="Random Items">
                        [b]<enable>Library.HasContent(movies)</enable>[/b]
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[590] $LOCALIZE[20342]</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Movies_Custom_Shortcuts)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Movies_Recently_Added)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Movies_Random_Items)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(Movies_Random_Items)</selected>
                    </control>

<control type="radiobutton" id="310" description="Recently Added">
                        [b]<enable>Library.HasContent(tvshows)</enable>[/b]
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(TV_Custom_Shortcuts)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(TV_Random_Items)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(TV_Recently_Added)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(TV_Recently_Added)</selected>
                    </control>
<control type="radiobutton" id="311" description="Random Items">
                        [b]<enable>Library.HasContent(tvshows)</enable>[/b]
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[590] $LOCALIZE[20360]</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(TV_Custom_Shortcuts)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(TV_Recently_Added)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(TV_Random_Items)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(TV_Random_Items)</selected>
                    </control>

<control type="radiobutton" id="319" description="Recently Added">
                        [b]<enable>Library.HasContent(music)</enable>[/b]
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Music_Custom_Shortcuts)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Music_Random_Items)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Music_Recently_Added)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(Music_Recently_Added)</selected>
                    </control>

<control type="radiobutton" id="320" description="Random Items">
                        [b]<enable>Library.HasContent(music)</enable>[/b]
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[590] $LOCALIZE[132]</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Music_Custom_Shortcuts)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.Reset(Music_Recently_Added)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Music_Random_Items)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(Music_Random_Items)</selected>
                    </control>

in CustomSettings.xml.

F@ck that, here's an updated XML, just overwrite the older one on 720p skin dir :-)
Jeff17 Wrote:Additionally, it would be great if I could add my own items to the view options sidebar. I would love to be able to create some smart playlists and have them easily available in the sidebar alongside the other filters.

Jeff, until I finish new release you might try to add your smart playlists to favorites and assign them afterwards to a home submenu items so you have something like:

MOVIES
- Movies
- RA
- Only HD
- Unwatched
- etc

What do you think?
pecinko Wrote:OK, a skin is definitely missing a check. However, R.Added are turned off by default so problem rises if there is no content in library, but user activates this option.

F@ck that, here's an updated XML, just overwrite the older one on 720p skin dir :-)
F'ing A ... nice! Most Awesome! Thanks Again!
So, what's cooking?

-added support for (more) media flags (credits to crookas for graphics)
-redesigned fanart views - bigger covers at the bottom
-redesigned grid views - thumbs are easier to distinguish, removed zoom animations as I was never big fan of it. Using blue frame selector instead
- other views revamped to even cleaner looks
- added Addons section on Home
- added possibility for Custom section on Home.
- Random items will probably have to go - code is getting complicated and not much fun to maintain
- Side menu rethink with possibility to show video/music playlists as well (credits to ronie for the script)
- a lot of code rewrites to take advantage of pre-Eden changes
- still a few things in a queue :-)
Most excellent! Definitely waiting or this one. Looks like xbmc is getting closer to an eden beta! I'll be releasing a new linux image for the atv 1 as soon as the new quartz is released.

Btw, pecinko, is that check to show the xbmc logo across the top if there are no recently added covers showing going to be in the next release ? Also, any chance of having the recently added covers across the top be able to scroll horizontally to hold more than nine covers ? The second one is totally not a big deal but figured no harm in asking Wink

Thanks Again!
cant wait!
BASARAB Wrote:cant wait!

Hey, did katrina.tv problem get solved?
dynaflash Wrote:Btw, pecinko, is that check to show the xbmc logo across the top if there are no recently added covers showing going to be in the next release ? Also, any chance of having the recently added covers across the top be able to scroll horizontally to hold more than nine covers ? The second one is totally not a big deal but figured no harm in asking Wink

Thanks Again!

Sure fix will be there.

So you would like one more item for RA (you know about 10 item limit)? :-)

Well I just reduced it to 8 items becase it looks nicer IMHO, but it is not a problem to have 10 as long as you do not mind you have to scroll for 9th and 10th item. Personaly, though, I see that as info/decoration thing and I'm using a link to longish RA more frequently as I can see metadata, change view etc
Agreed, 8 is fine. Don't mess with it.