Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
berylium Wrote:That's a lot of work!

Is this a PleXBMC problem or a Quartz 1.0.3 problem/feature? And can I do anything about it?

thanks!

berylium

Not even near as much work as making a skin Smile

You can edit MyVideoNav.xml from this

PHP Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,54,504,55,56,57,58,59,501</views

to this

PHP Code:
<views>52,50,51,53,54,504,55,56,57,58,59,501</views
pmatz Wrote:Hi
i loved Quartz version 1 and have used it for months since i started with XBMC

great job Smile

version 2 is well slicker, but was wondering if i can customise meanues anywhere, in xml maybe? i would like to have submenues are options in main menu to list

in music, artists and albums only

i think you could in version 1?

thanks

Paul

You can customize section submenus (menu will show up after selecting appropriate section on Home) in skin settings.

Or did I miss your point?
Hi,
i can see you can customise submenue and add the media panel to be shown on the home screen, but i only get the option then of adding artists for music or recently added, or all movies or recently added for the movies menu.
should i be seeing more options? (I am running an eden pre-release...)
I recently installed and enabled Quartz, which I believe 2.0.3 is an updated version from what I had, and now menus and such show the following:

$VAR[VIDEOSSECTIONLABEL]
$VAR[FAVOURITESSECTION]

Is there just something corrupted in my install, or might this be a bug in the new version?

If it is something corrupted, what files might I be able to delete to do a fresh install?

Love the Quartz skin.. thanks!
New version is pre-eden / eden only. Update xbmc to beta1 or wait a bit for stable release.
pecinko Wrote:Not even near as much work as making a skin Smile

You can edit MyVideoNav.xml from this

PHP Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,54,504,55,56,57,58,59,501</views

to this

PHP Code:
<views>52,50,51,53,54,504,55,56,57,58,59,501</views

Thank you! I poured through your code looking for a "default" variable of some kind… I'd have never found that line in MyVideoNav.xml Smile

-berylium
Love the skin so far, have only begun to mess around with it. Quick observation though: if I set a playlist as a favorite then go to favorites and watch a movie from the playlist, I need to go back through a bunch of menus before I get to the home screen. Is there a way to have it go straight back to the home screen? I'm using an ATV2 so my remote functions are kind of limited.

Also, I tried enabling the Currently Watching in the media panel items and it doesn't seem to do anything, what does this do? I had a movie playing halfway through and I expected it to show up there but the Media Panel was empty; Recently Added works just fine.

Edit: Ok so Currently Watched only updates after I restart XBMC; if I start a movie and get halfway through then go to the home screen it doesn't show in the Media Panel. If I close XBMC then restart it shows up there -- I have a smart playlist called Recently Played Movies that selects all movies that have a lastplayed value of in the past week, it shows the movies live just fine. I also have one called In Progress Movies where inprogress is true, and this will also show the movie without needing to restart XBMC.

Also if I try to bring up a submenu context on an item such as Movies (from the home screen) XBMC crashes to front row, what's the recommended method for scanning for new content?

If I enable submenu for movies then set a Favourite to a playlist then select the favourite item from the submenu, it will autoplay the first video file (from the beginning) rather than bring up the playlist. If I disable the media panel submenu then go to the same favorites then select the same playlist, it will bring up the playlist rather than autostarting the first item.

Would it be possible to add a second Wide option similar to this or this (I think the second one is the one from the confluence skin, that's the one I was used to)? EDIT: Nevermind Icons 2 is what I was looking for.

Thank you for the great work on a great addon.
akevit Wrote:Love the skin so far, have only begun to mess around with it. Quick observation though: if I set a playlist as a favorite then go to favorites and watch a movie from the playlist, I need to go back through a bunch of menus before I get to the home screen. Is there a way to have it go straight back to the home screen? I'm using an ATV2 so my remote functions are kind of limited.

I have no control over that. I just tell XBMC how favorites window should look like. You could try enabling video playlists in options menu if you go straight to movies, or enabling them in submenu if you are using it. (settings/skin/movies/USE SUBMENU or AUTO ADD PLAYLISTS).

Quote:Also, I tried enabling the Currently Watching in the media panel items and it doesn't seem to do anything, what does this do? I had a movie playing halfway through and I expected it to show up there but the Media Panel was empty; Recently Added works just fine.

It should return partially watched movies or episodes, next unwatched episodes and most played albums. I have seen post about script now working as it should when used on ATV2 but I'm not sure about details and wether it should be fixed.

Quote:I have a smart playlist ... and this will also show the movie without needing to restart XBMC.

Seems similar but, in fact, smart playlists are not served by script while watch list items are.

Quote:Also if I try to bring up a submenu context on an item such as Movies (from the home screen) XBMC crashes to front row, what's the recommended method for scanning for new content?

Seems like ATV2 bug to me (you can't update like that but it should not crash). Open up movies and use context menu from there.

Quote:If I enable submenu for movies then set a Favourite to a playlist then select the favourite item from the submenu, it will autoplay the first video file (from the beginning) rather than bring up the playlist. If I disable the media panel submenu then go to the same favorites then select the same playlist, it will bring up the playlist rather than autostarting the first item.

Sorry to hear that. Somebody must have changed the way xbmc assigns favorite items to submenus. It was working fine. Auto add playlists option should work fine, though.

Quote:Thank you for the great work on a great addon.

You're welcome Wink
Hi there pecinko,

I am still running Quartz 1 nightly on my ATV2 due to personal preference.

I am trying to change the size for the movie poster which appears on the top bar for 'Recently Added' at the home menu.

Where would I look in Home.xml to edit this?

Thanks for all the hardwork on the awesome skin.

Regards,
Bolex
Hi,

first I like to thank you for such a great Skin Big Grin

I have just 2 questions, I couldn't find an answer for.

1. Is there PVR Support in this skin and how can I activate it?
2. Is it somehow possible (pleaaaase) to reactivate the "old" mor ATV-like Homescreen?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Regards
Vlaves
bolex17 Wrote:Hi there pecinko,

I am still running Quartz 1 nightly on my ATV2 due to personal preference.

I am trying to change the size for the movie poster which appears on the top bar for 'Recently Added' at the home menu.

Where would I look in Home.xml to edit this?

Thanks for all the hardwork on the awesome skin.

Regards,
Bolex

Look into Include_shortcuts.xml or something like that. Check Home.xml for correct name and check that in Includes.xml afterwards to find actual file name.

Just curious you want it bigger or smaller or are you after changing aspect ratio?
Vlaves Wrote:Hi,
1. Is there PVR Support in this skin and how can I activate it?

Not supported and I doubt it will ever be from my side. I'm happy to assist and probably incorporate it if someone steps up for making it and supporting it afterwards.
pecinko Wrote:Look into Include_shortcuts.xml or something like that. Check Home.xml for correct name and check that in Includes.xml afterwards to find actual file name.

Just curious you want it bigger or smaller or are you after changing aspect ratio?

Thanks I'll check it out.
Just want to increase the cover size abit.
Since I have moved kids media to stock ATV and don't have to worry about their part in XBMC anymore, I started considering making of "Quartz Origins" skin, that would be more true to ATV interface and the beginning of Quartz skin.

Basic idea is to go with ATV like home page and general simplification of things. Some views will be dropped and some unnecessary XBMC options from side menu (unnecessary from my point of view, of course). Otherwise it will be pretty much Quartz 1 home page with Quartz 2 views sort of thing.

I can make it public if there are enough users interested and will consider improving, dropping, keeping or altering views based on useful suggestions.

Currently, I'm thinking about dropping banner support. Making 1 fully customizable submenu instead of all, dropping fan art background images from home page, way to incorporate watch list to home page and which views to keep.

And before someone asks - I don't know when it will be available. It could be ready for Eden release if all goes well. It could be delayed if my time gets consumed by other things, it's really hard to tell ATM.

If you would like it to look more like ATV stock interface please step up with some help with the graphics. It's more or less about making few buttons and several simple but nice icons. For me it's days of work, for a graphic designer it could be several hours or less.
pecinko Wrote:Since I have moved kids media to stock ATV and don't have to worry about their part in XBMC anymore, I started considering making of "Quartz Origins" skin, that would be more true to ATV interface.

Basic idea is to go with ATV like home page and general simplification of things. Some views will be dropped and some unnecessary XBMC options from side menu (unnecessary from my point of view, of course). Otherwise it will be pretty much Quartz 1 home page with Quartz 2 views sort of thing.

I can make it public if there are enough users interested and will consider improving, dropping, keeping or altering views based on useful suggestions.

Currently, I'm thinking about dropping banner support. Making 1 fully customizable submenu instead of all, dropping fan art background images from home page, way to incorporate watch list to home page and which views to keep.

And before someone asks - I don't know when it will be available. It could be ready for Eden release if all goes well. It could be delayed if my time gets consumed by other things, it's really hard to tell ATM.

If you would like it to look more like ATV stock interface please step up with some help with the graphics. It's more or less about making few buttons and several simple but nice icons. For me it's days of work, for a graphic designer it could be several hours or less.

Would def be interested.. Everyone in my house is too used to Quartz 1 layout that it makes me hard to change theme Sad