Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rcrh Wrote:Looks great! Although it scared me when I first loaded it and it defaults to only one menu on the home screen!

Sorry, I have read you post too quickly first time and assumed you were talking about 1 view for media Smile

If something like this happens it would be good to go to skin settings and use "reset to defaults" button in older to clear previous skin settings as they may colide with new version (this is recommended even if no probem is encountered, just to be sure). After reset customize it to your liking - you will not lose favourites you will just need to re-assign them.
pecinko Wrote:Guys and girls

just follow this link and grab yourself a new Quartz release.

Wow... this is very much the ATV2 view. I can't thank you enough for your work. One thing that was odd, was that I had to disable the shelf twice from auto. The first time I didn't add the "nothing" from the favourites menu and it defaulted back to "auto". Now I have a nice and empty top part of the screen. Which does make me request 2 things.... First, is it possible to add the option for a background image? As in, one image that will always be the background for the home screen? Since I don't populate the shelve I now have a big grey bar above the menu. (if not I'll just replace whatever image you have as the background manually and do that each time you update) And second, (I'm sure this will not be done but I have to ask) is there any chance to have the menu bar with the main items higher? Right where you have the shelve end would be perfect. (or have the option for that)

Since I only have items in the menu below, it'd be nice to have more space for it.

One last thing, I would really love to have the Quartz 2 panel view for tv shows. It is the closest thing to the current movies view with one half of the screen with a list and the other half with info. And I just don't like the view like that with the banner top left and just the name of the series on the right. I promise I'll stop asking for it when you implement it Wink (alternatively, I will try my best to code it for you if you would be inclined to put it in then, although my coding skills are not good)

Anyway, let me say thanks for the skin. The number of favourites options in the menus and shelve is marvelous and the ability to rename the menu items is even better! I'm very happy and impressed, thanks!

Last comments... for the XBMC home menu item, I can't disable the shelf image, so it flashes up when I go past it. And the home screen is the only screen without the clock visible, and the clock is sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right, depending on the screen. It's the only "messy" things I could find.
@mediumdry

I'll leave reaction to other questions for later but regarding views - I could use some screenshots to be sure we're on the same page. What do you like and what not. I would also love to hear from others if they would find it useful.
mediumdry Wrote:Hi pecinko, thanks for your reply. 2 quick screenshots (kitchen duty calls!)

Here's the view I'd like to see added for tv shows and here's the somewhat dull looking home page now, without a time indication.

LOL. I love use of mouse to hide submenu and muted sounds icon to enhance the message Smile LOL
Love the new version of Quartz! Big Grin You totally mimicked the ATV2 feeling, not a bad thing at all. Snappy too! Awaiting Fanart mixed into the overall experience.

A very good idea to show the number of unwatched episodes on each TV Show and Season. And using the blue shiny symbol on unwatched episodes took me a minute to adjust too, and now i love it too! You pretty much nailed it Smile

I would prefer though for the TV Show "watching" -thumb, on the Home Screen, to be the Season poster instead of the Episode screenshot. I think the screenshots look so alike, and I have to use a few brain cycles to decode which TV Show it is Wink

I think Movies and TV Shows on the Home Screen should be selectable directly, seems kind of redundant to have to choose Movies or TV Shows from the sub-menu of their respectally equally named categories. Alternatively the sub-category version should be named differently; e.g. Library, Catalogue, Choose.. or something. I'm running out of fantasy here....

On the Weather page the name of the city should be shown more prominently.

On Programs there is a redundant step before you reach your programs, a no-use screen that has only one option has to be selected (program add-ons) before you reach your programs.

From all the add-ons there are many steps when I press 'back' on the remote. I would like to just get to the Home Screen right away in one 'back' -click. Is it possible to have a button on the ATV2 mapped to go directly to the Home Screen no matter where you are?

On the movies I would like a 'Tick' when it is watched, because most are unwatched. There should be an option choosing between 'ticked' for all watched and blue shiny symbol on all unwatched (they don't need to be mutually exclusive either, maybe some weirdo wants both turned on at the same time)

For the Movies section I like more the sliding "posters-view", with fanart in the background. Is it possible to implement this without making it heavy on my ATV2?

And again, thank you very much for this fantastic skin! Smile
Pecinko,
After figuring out that MediaInfo3 has the fanart background ... disregard me previous statement about fanart Smile

The issue of video addons being added (via favorites) to the TV Shows Media Shelf on the home screen seems to persist though. Not bitching ... just an fyi.

All in all a great experience and I know ... you know that this is just a beta. Fantastic however so far. My default skin. ! Kudos.
Thanks for feedback everybody. I'm reading you suggestions and thinking about them. I'm just waiting for some more reactions before we discuss them to some more extent.
@dynaflash

Sorry mate edited your post instead of replying to it Sad

Favourites above TV Shows work fine here. Please, try "reset to defaults" from skin settings and re-assigning them afterwards. Post about your progress.
pecinko Wrote:@dynaflash

Sorry mate edited your post instead of replying to it Sad

Favourites above TV Shows work fine here. Please, try "reset to defaults" from skin settings and re-assigning them afterwards. Post about your progress.

No worries!

Okay, so I have some video addons as Favorites like Freecable, Hulu, Foodnetwork, etc.

So I go to Settings > Skin > Home Media Shelf Customizer ...

Under TV Shows I click on favorite 1 which appropriately bring up my list of favorites. Now when I choose one nothing happens in the UI. but then if I "menu" back it then shows what I picked under Favorite 1.

Rinse and repeat ...

However returning to the home screen and going to the TVShows submenu ... none of my favorites show up on the "Media Shelf" which I presume is the top where say ... like recently added thumbs show up for Movies . I hope I make sense.

yes, I did Reset defaults first on the skin. In fact tried it twice just to make sure.

Again, that said ... the skin rocks ! Just seems a bit wonky yet on the customization part of the skin settings. Other than that ... out of the park as I said previously!

Thanks!
dynaflash Wrote:No worries!

Okay, so I have some video addons as Favorites like Freecable, Hulu, Foodnetwork, etc.

So I go to Settings > Skin > Home Media Shelf Customizer ...

Under TV Shows I click on favorite 1 which appropriately bring up my list of favorites. Now when I choose one nothing happens in the UI. but then if I "menu" back it then shows what I picked under Favorite 1.

Rinse and repeat ...

However returning to the home screen and going to the TVShows submenu ... none of my favorites show up on the "Media Shelf" which I presume is the top where say ... like recently added thumbs show up for Movies . I hope I make sense.

yes, I did Reset defaults first on the skin. In fact tried it twice just to make sure.

Again, that said ... the skin rocks ! Just seems a bit wonky yet on the customization part of the skin settings. Other than that ... out of the park as I said previously!

Thanks!

Please go to your add ons folder and tell me what version of script.favourites you have currently installed.

You'll want latest version (3.2.1) : http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/...avourites/
pecinko Wrote:Please go to your add ons folder and tell me what version of script.favourites you have currently installed.

You'll want latest version (3.2.1) : http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/...avourites/
yup, 3.2.1

http://pastebin.com/cbnFanm1

Please note that this behavior is common across both of my atv 1's running linux as well as my mbp running os x lion. All are running xbmc Eden beta 3.
Pecinko, since you're looking for feeback I might also ask ... if there is nothing in the "media shelf" maybe the skin could put the xbmc logo in there to avoid the blank space that is there otherwise across the top 1/3rd of the screen ?

Just another thought.
dynaflash Wrote:yup, 3.2.1

http://pastebin.com/cbnFanm1

Please note that this behavior is common across both of my atv 1's running linux as well as my mbp running os x lion. All are running xbmc Eden beta 3.

Well that's strange as it should present you with a list of favourites to choose from. I have planned to add 5 more shortcuts to use for add ons in addition to 5 favorites just did not get to finish it.

Care to post a debug log assigning a favorite shortcut?
dynaflash Wrote:Pecinko, since you're looking for feeback I might also ask ... if there is nothing in the "media shelf" maybe the skin could put the xbmc logo in there to avoid the blank space that is there otherwise across the top 1/3rd of the screen ?

This could be posible solution but I'm not sure Mediumdry would be quite happy with it?