Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey pecinko!

Many thanks for your great Skin + work. I love the ATV2 feeling;-)

Du you think it is possible the Covers from the TV-Shows like the Film-Covers in the Media-Shelf on Home Menue?

Thanks and go on with great work!

regards,
Peter
bezza Wrote:dynaflash, do you not need to switch off "auto" under tv shows in the home customizer settings.... then your favourites per the shelf customizer are displayed
Well, I'll be darned ... heres one for you stating the obvious! Thanks bezza!

Sidenote it would be kinda cool if you could add addons *or* favorites like are offered in the Media Shelf > Pictures settings. That way you don't have to set addon's as favorites just to access them from the shelf and or menu. Just a thought.
One other thing ... I know Weather is an addon ... however xbmc also treats it as intrinsic to xbmc. For instance, in XBMC > Settings Weather has its own settings and is not organized with the Addons settings. My point is (and its not a biggie) would Weather not make sense under the XBMC submenu ? Iirc Quartz 1 had it there but I'd have to look. Personally I would also put Addons under the XBMC submenu, in this way you could get rid of the separate Addons submenu itself and free up more real estate horizontally. Just a thought. Again, definitely not a show stopper and I am sure a matter of opinion on how the skin is used by each person.

Gotta say it again ... imo Pecenko hit this one out of the park!
dynaflash Wrote:Well, I'll be darned ... heres one for you stating the obvious! Thanks bezza!

Sidenote it would be kinda cool if you could add addons *or* favorites like are offered in the Media Shelf > Pictures settings. That way you don't have to set addon's as favorites just to access them from the shelf and or menu. Just a thought.

Shocked

Minus points for making me troubleshoot this last night.

Extra minus points for not doing your homework (reading thread post) and thus not using latest version with add-ons support Smile Smile
pecinko Wrote:** version 3.0.1 (beta) **
- Added top label for shelf items

While it's a nice white label, it does confuse things a bit when you don't use shelf items, I have switched off auto and not populated the favourites. So now I get things like this and this. It looks a bit off.

Also, in the recently added tv shows the episode thumb takes quite some space, leaving too little to show the episode number even in some cases. Personally, I don't like fanart, as I think it slows everything down too much (experience with ATV1), I would much rather not have the fanart, but instead have the episode thumb in the top left and have the list on the right like the movies recently added list. I think it will look cleaner (less visual clutter) and not detract from anything.

<edit> just noticed after deleting all fanart that the episode thumbnail is automatically shown, great! The info page does look a bit weird now though.</edit>

One last thing, while I like the slimmed down lines and font, it does make things harder to read. Maybe I'm an exception nowadays, with only a 32" screen, but the new font is quite hard to read in the episode description and movie plots on the regular pages, the info page makes it a bit easier, but still not by much. On the info page the fanart is displayed and this cannot be switched off. (minor quibble)

Thanks!
pecinko Wrote:Shocked

Minus points for making me troubleshoot this last night.

Extra minus points for not doing your homework (reading thread post) and thus not using latest version with add-ons support Smile Smile
Gah, got me. sorry. works good. Will crawl back under my rock now Eek
Peter911 Wrote:Hey pecinko!

Many thanks for your great Skin + work. I love the ATV2 feeling;-)

Du you think it is possible the Covers from the TV-Shows like the Film-Covers in the Media-Shelf on Home Menue?

Thanks and go on with great work!

regards,
Peter

Yes, I suggest using the Season Cover graphic for the next episode in Watchlist / Media shelf in the Home Menu!
dynaflash Wrote:Gah, got me. sorry. works good. Will crawl back under my rock now Eek

Glad to hear Smile

EDIT - That it works that is Smile
mediumdry Wrote:While it's a nice white label, it does confuse things a bit when you don't use shelf items,

Labels hidden, thanks.

Quote:it slows everything down too much (experience with ATV1), I would much rather not have the fanart, but instead have the episode thumb in the top left and have the list on the right like
<edit> just noticed after deleting all fanart that the episode thumbnail is automatically shown, great! The info page does look a bit weird now though.</edit>

Enabled additional view, will be in next release.

I have a bit of trouble showing XBMC logo on empty space when shortcuts and recent items are disabled but will hopefully come up with a solution.

That said, IMHO, you should not be afraid of fan art in this skin and I think its shown in Quartz with a sense and taste. I would also suggest to give it a try and enable recent items on as Home page looks better with it. They really don't get in a way even if you do not use them.
Peter911 Wrote:Du you think it is possible the Covers from the TV-Shows like the Film-Covers in the Media-Shelf on Home Menue?

I'm waiting for TVShow posters to be available for recently added items (planned after Eden release).

I have no idea how to mix season posters from watch list with episode thumbs for recently added. I'm open to suggestions, though Smile
pecinko Wrote:Enabled additional view, will be in next release.
Thanks!

pecinko Wrote:I have a bit of trouble showing XBMC logo on empty space when shortcuts and recent items are disabled but will hopefully come up with a solution.
Someone else made the request, but personally, I'd rather not have the XBMC logo either, so just nothing. With my background of choice. Or as is.

pecinko Wrote:That said, IMHO, you should not be afraid of fan art in this skin and I think its shown in Quartz with a sense and taste. I would also suggest to give it a try and enable recent items on as Home page looks better with it. They really don't get in a way even if you do not use them.

I understand what you mean. For me though, I'd like to get as minimalist as possible (for me, the blue background on selected items distracts, I'd rather have something in the white/grey area, the same colour tone as the font) and Quartz does that really well. Fanart that constantly changes just distracts and generally does not make things look better. However, I'll give it a go.. (although I quite dislike the shelve images on the ATV as well)

And in the silly question area, would you be willing to let other people use your code to make derivatives?
Sorry been kind of following this, how soon until I can update the skin from within XBMC? Or do I need to do it manually from a zip file?
mediumdry Wrote:Someone else made the request, but personally, I'd rather not have the XBMC logo either, so just nothing. With my background of choice. Or as is.

Take a look at home.xml and change <texture>img/HomeStage.png</texture> to whatever you like.
Quote:I understand what you mean. For me though, I'd like to get as minimalist as possible (for me, the blue background on selected items distracts, I'd rather have something in the white/grey area, the same colour tone as the font) and Quartz does that really well. Fanart that constantly changes just distracts and generally does not make things look better. However, I'll give it a go.. (although I quite dislike the shelve images on the ATV as well)

Hehe.. Take a look at default setting with no additional views. TVShows are without fanart, seasons too, only place when you see it is in episodes where it does not change Smile I'm actually quite proud of episodes view.

I'm not trying to make you change the way you use XBMC and additional view with thumbs only will be available in next release. You'll just need to enable additional views in settings if you haven't already done so.

Quote:And in the silly question area, would you be willing to let other people use your code to make derivatives?

No problem with that at all. You actually have quite specific way of using XBMC so skin mod would probably better suit your needs.
akevit Wrote:Sorry been kind of following this, how soon until I can update the skin from within XBMC? Or do I need to do it manually from a zip file?

Go with manual install for now.

When I return from skiing next week I'll fix bugs reported in the meantime and push it to main repo. If you do not mind waiting it will be available for automatic DL in 10-15 days.
I've just seen that thread views got over 100.000 Smile

Many thanks to everybody for your help and interest!