Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pecinko Wrote:Truth be told, I had planned Music playing screen for a long time. What scared me off is the variety off (arguably) needless possibilities that you must take care of.

You know - make it in Apple way but allow for existence of XBMC specific things in an uncluttered way.

So, expect uncluttered and Apple like design there, pretty much ATV looks with sugar on top.

Uncluttered is great. Sugar on top is great. Just make the album art bigger (so it suits the big screen/HDTV experience) and maybe give us a peek at the next song. If you could add in the apple animation where the whole screen pivots that would be so much sugar we'd need insulin shots!

Keep up the great work. We love this skin.
Okay, so the addon shortcuts to the TV Shows media shelf work nice on my mbp. However not on my atvs running linux ? As well in settings my atv's do not have an "Auto" listing as my mbp osx does ? Strange, if I am missing something please advise.

Screenie. http://dynaflashtech.net/downloads/scree...ttings.jpg

Note the exact same screen on my mbp has an auto entry right above Add-on1 same as for movies which as indicated earlier toggles the addons on and off.

Yes, I also did two reset to skin defaults before this to make sure.

Thoughts ?
pecinko Wrote:Thanks for feedback!

Nothing wrong in log at the first glance.

Have you added items you want to assign to your favourites? If not you would see pretty much an empty window i.e. New window pops up but the list is empty.

Yep -- in fact in trying to pinpoint the issue I have also tried assigning exactly the same plugins/favorites to the "Add Ons" and to the "TV Shows" media shelves. just to make it a 1:1 comparison -- still have the same issue. Just seems strange, still really like the new version and will keep using it, maybe this is one of those weird issues that will randomly work itself out in a future release.

dynaflash Wrote:http://dynaflashtech.net/downloads/scree...ttings.jpg

Note the exact same screen on my mbp has an auto entry right above Add-on1 same as for movies which as indicated earlier toggles the addons on and off.

Yes, I also did two reset to skin defaults before this to make sure.

Thoughts ?

I think you and I seem to be experiencing a similar issue on the ATV media shelf.
Savon Wrote:I think you and I seem to be experiencing a similar issue on the ATV media shelf.

Hmm.. Latest skin version? Platform? Above which menu are sou trying to add them? Do sou have tv shows in library if trying to add them above tv menu? Screenshot of settings screen?
mediumdry Wrote:Hi Pecinko,

I've not had time to make a logo yet, but just looking around I found some things that go towards what I would like as logo's for the different options, although I'm not against a banner that would stay the same (but I might as well replace the background image then, I know).

Anyway, I was wondering if this sort of thing is acceptable to more people, so I made a little moodboard.

Is this going towards a style that is acceptable or are my tastes way off?

Hmm to be quite frank not quite my cup of tea but I guess they could be monochrome. I'll try to post some of my ideas but I suck with photoshop. I'll take a look at those Peter sent me to see what's his idea. I'm sure will come with nice solution eventually.
pecinko Wrote:Hmm.. Latest skin version? Platform? Above which menu are sou trying to add them? Do sou have tv shows in library if trying to add them above tv menu? Screenshot of settings screen?

Latest version (3.0.2), Eden beta 3, ATV2 running 4.4.4. I'll try to post some screencaps later when I am able to. Like I said in my earlier post, the odd twist for me is that I seem to be able to add both favorites and plugin media shelf icons above the default Add Ons menu but can't for other menus (Movie or TV Shows either one). So I know the media shelf feature at least is working partially.
Savon Wrote:Latest version (3.0.2), Eden beta 3, ATV2 running 4.4.4. I'll try to post some screencaps later when I am able to. Like I said in my earlier post, the odd twist for me is that I seem to be able to add both favorites and plugin media shelf icons above the default Add Ons menu but can't for other menus (Movie or TV Shows either one). So I know the media shelf feature at least is working partially.

This is more helpful.

Am I right in assuming you don't have Movies/TV shows scanned to library?
dynaflash Wrote:Thoughts ?

Add items above TV as you do. Scan 1 episode to library. Does this make them appear?
pecinko Wrote:Hmm to be quite frank not quite my cup of tea but I guess they could be monochrome. I'll try to post some of my ideas but I suck with photoshop. I'll take a look at those Peter sent me to see what's his idea. I'm sure will come with nice solution eventually.
No doubt. My idea was to be similar to the xbmc logo, just a black outline, to stay with something minimal. Am open to wildly differing things. And I am not Dutch in many ways, but I do appreciate frankness. You can say you hate it! Wink

Have been going through some of the skinning pages of xbmc. Is there any way I can convince you to publicly put the texture files you have used in Q1, Q2 and Q3 somewhere? One of the reasons is that I was thinking of incorporating an Mac OS style option of "blue" and "graphite", which basically allows you to use blue or grey details. Not quite sure how easy that is, but it seems like a nice thing to go for.
pecinko Wrote:This is more helpful.

Am I right in assuming you don't have Movies/TV shows scanned to library?

That's mostly right -- I primarily use streaming apps/plugins on my current atv2 setup and any media I share over my own network is fairly ad hoc at the moment. So my ideal media shelf would have for example the hulu app and espn3 app for tv shows (which I have favorited), icefilms (ditto) for movies, etc.

I did try scanning a tv show to my library and adding it to the media shelf for the tv shows menu but it still doesn't add anything -- just the xbmc logo. But I can add that same show to the media shelf for the add ons menu. So it looks to me like the media shelf is completely working for the addons menu, but not for any other menu.

Not at home right now so I can't post screenshots of my settings -- will try to later. Thanks for considering this issue though!
bezza Wrote:The media info view on TV Shows is different to the media info view on Movies, it looks to be the same as media info 3 view on Movies

I think you're right. Will fix.

Quote:In TV Shows, episodes view, the episode icons are quite small so difficult to see what they are, wondering whether better to remove them and change the thumb on left hand side of the screen as you scroll through episodes...

Episodes view is my favorite one so nothing will be changed there. However, the view you're asking about is already present in latest release.

Quote:Per mediumdry's comment, I wonder if the home menu text would look better if slightly wider/bolder per ATV2 menu (though not as wide/bold as Quartz 2 home menu)

I tried bolder font and it looked weird to me. There are 2 fonts in skin folder, you may see if it would better suit you if Bold one was used instead of default one. Make a backup and then overwrite default with bold one.
Savon Wrote:Not at home right now so I can't post screenshots of my settings -- will try to later. Thanks for considering this issue though!

Don't bother with screenshots, I'm finally able to reproduce and will look at it.
mediumdry Wrote:Have been going through some of the skinning pages of xbmc. Is there any way I can convince you to publicly put the texture files you have used in Q1, Q2 and Q3 somewhere? One of the reasons is that I was thinking of incorporating an Mac OS style option of "blue" and "graphite", which basically allows you to use blue or grey details. Not quite sure how easy that is, but it seems like a nice thing to go for.

Q1 is in Dharma repo, Q3 took Q2's place and will be in eden repo when finished.

Graphite theme might not be hard to do. Pretty much coloring blue selector button and blue unwatched mark to grey?
Hi Pecinko,

my Little idea:

To have in each HomeBar Section without watchlist or recently added a Apple like PNG instead of the XBMC Logo. For instance Look the Camera Lens PNG for the Photo Section and so on.

What Do You & the others think about? May be there is in Skin settings an Option to choose an own Pic....Huh

Thanks & best regards,
Peter

PS: I can generate it by myself, if i can unpack the XBT Skin file...?
Peter911 Wrote:Hi Pecinko,

my Little idea:

To have in each HomeBar Section without watchlist or recently added a Apple like PNG instead of the XBMC Logo. For instance Look the Camera Lens PNG for the Photo Section and so on.

What Do You & the others think about? May be there is in Skin settings an Option to choose an own Pic....Huh

Thanks & best regards,
Peter

PS: I can generate it by myself, if i can unpack the XBT Skin file...?

Not sure about Apple logo (not that it will not look good) but I can probably make a skin option to choose your own image.

I'll have a look in a week when I return home.