Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Pecinko,

Quote:Not sure about Apple logo (not that it will not look good) but I can probably make a skin option to choose your own image.

That would be Perfect! Many thanks & good skiing!Wink

Regards,
Peter
pecinko Wrote:I probably can drop movies out and most probably want to keep episodes and music.

Care to elaborate a bit about why do you want it?

+1 on having the Watchlist removed from the media shelf.

I only want to see what are the new media items added to my library, not what I have watched recently.

First prize would be to have the watchlist showing or not as a configurable option in the skin.

Also, how/where do I change the size of the font at the top of the screen for time remaining/time when finished details on the OSD? Font is just too big.

Thanks again for a fantastic skin.
Hi there pecinko,

Just noticed this happens with alot of video plugins.

Would it be possible to have the reflection removed.. or a gradient added.

pecinko Wrote:Add items above TV as you do. Scan 1 episode to library. Does this make them appear?

Yes, if I add even one item to the tv shows library, I can then choose to use say ... addon's on my tv shows media shelf! However, is it possible to make that work even if there is nothing scanned to my tv shows library ? Like in my case I don't have any local tv shows I use but Like to be able to use the media shelf so family and friends can just hit say Freecable to YouTube right on the media shelf.

Its worth noting imo that the Media Shelf is the most commonly used feature imo for kids and spouses. Of course thats a subjective opinion but is fast and easy at one glance.

Btw, kudos on getting the xbmc logo popping up in the Media shelf if there is nothing to go there! Much better than just an empty expanse of gray!

Looking fantastic!
Sorry about issues guys. I tried to get the most of those fixed before vacation but it seems that some of them got away.

By all means keep reporting them I'll get to them as soon as I'm back.

To do list:

- remove watchlist for movies
- fix reflection in plugins
- make image for empty shelf selectable by user
- make favs & addons work for movies/tv
- apple tv like now playing music screen
- alternate graphite theme/look
pecinko Wrote:Sorry about issues guys. I tried to get the most of those fixed before vacation but it seems that some of them got away.

To do list:

Have a nice ski trip! We will wait for you Wink

I am not sure what you mean by removing watchlist for movies, but I hope it will turn out great Smile Will it only show the latest added movies then?

I think it would be great for movie media shelf to also show random movies with an overweight on the newest, or something like that....

And already started movies (but unfinished) should show. Is it this you want to take away?
bthusby Wrote:Have a nice ski trip! We will wait for you Wink

I am not sure what you mean by removing watchlist for movies, but I hope it will turn out great Smile Will it only show the latest added movies then?

I think it would be great for movie media shelf to also show random movies with an overweight on the newest, or something like that....

And already started movies (but unfinished) should show. Is it this you want to take away?

What I do not like about watchlist movies is that it will show already seen ones if you play a scene from it. Episodes behave differently. See my recent discussion in WL script thread. If it would list only unfinished but previously unwatched items I'll bring it back.
Sorry about issues ?

You have to be kidding! Its a beta and one helluva beta at that! Go enjoy your vacation and forget about Quartz ! Latest version is a joy to use. Phenomenal work. I am guessing you will have a captive audience when you get back but for now you have left us with a great skin to use and for that I personally, am very grateful!

In terms of an atv-like skin I have tried them all (as you know) even a few you threw out privately to a few of us for testing ... this Q3 is by far the best ... and again I have tried them all.

Have a good time and rest up, you deserve it !

* dynaflash "watches the ball go out of the park ... home run!"

pecinko Wrote:Sorry about issues guys. I tried to get the most of those fixed before vacation but it seems that some of them got away.

To do list:

Hi

Quote:Also, how/where do I change the size of the font at the top of the screen for time remaining/time when finished details on the OSD? Font is just too big.

You can edit in the Font.xml-file.

Regards,
Peter
Peter911 Wrote:Hi

You can edit in the Font.xml-file.

Regards,
Peter

Good idea Peter!

Alternatively wait a bit - I'll make it smaller in next release. It's the remnant from previous version that used a different font.
After startup I have to enter into TV Shows or Movies etc and return to Home Screen for the Media shelf to show 'watching' and 'added'. Rigth after a reboot, the mediashelf just shows the XBMC-logo on all.
bthusby Wrote:After startup I have to enter into TV Shows or Movies etc and return to Home Screen for the Media shelf to show 'watching' and 'added'. Rigth after a reboot, the mediashelf just shows the XBMC-logo on all.

I have this problem too. I also have a problem where when I try to enable the interlace option while viewing a video I cannot exit the on screen menu and have to restart xbmc (Not sure if this is a skin issue or an issue with the latest beta 3).

I'd like to take the opportunity here to say that this is the best skin I have used so far on my xbmc setup. Many thanks for sharing it!
richhy Wrote:I have this problem too. I also have a problem where when I try to enable the interlace option while viewing a video I cannot exit the on screen menu and have to restart xbmc (Not sure if this is a skin issue or an issue with the latest beta 3).

My guess is this is related to script speed on ATV. I have no problem on Mac mini. I may be able to work around it.

As for on screen menu - what are the exact steps to take in order to reproduce it on my side?
I'm not using an ATV. I have eden beta 3 on a windows 7 htpc.....
Sometimes an episode in the watchlist Media shelf has the wrong season/episode tag.

Each time, it has been the second object in the watchlist that has wrongfully copied the season/episode tag from the first object. However, correct episode starts when selected, and it shows the correct poster thumb.

According to 'Black in the watchlist forum, this is a skin related problem. What do you think?

I am using latest Quartz skin version 3 on Pre-eden b2, and latest version of the watchlist-script.