Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
akevit Wrote:The playlists[/url] are where things can get quite advanced.

Playlists can also be added to favorites and assigned to menu items.

Quote:On a side note for Pecinko, were any changes made in Quartz3 for the Apple Remote? Big skip forward doesn't seem to work, maybe this is another thing I needed to custom add back in.

Nothing to do with skin. I guess you probably lost your custom remote mapping by reinstalling ATV.
bthusby Wrote:And also for the Apple remote, what about holding the arrows makes navigation in the menus move quick? Now one has to press multiple times instead of holding... And when watching video the same would rewind or fast-forward. Is it skin related to add functions to the remote?

See my signature for links to the default and alternative keymaps for the ATV2. I also made a post here about adding 9 additional IR codes to my harmony remote. userdata/keymaps/Joystick.AppleRemote.xml needs to be created for this stuff. It can get tricky so I would recommend just pasting the default into this file then changing things from there.
akevit Wrote:See my signature for links to the default and alternative keymaps for the ATV2. I also made a post here about adding 9 additional IR codes to my harmony remote. userdata/keymaps/Joystick.AppleRemote.xml needs to be created for this stuff. It can get tricky so I would recommend just pasting the default into this file then changing things from there.

Thank you very much. Now it works perfectly Smile
akevit Wrote:I wasn't aware of favourites being used in the way you're saying, and you're not referring to playlists are you? As far as I knew the favourites.xml was fairly basic and you pretty much just populate the favourites menu by adding items to it via the context menu. The playlists are where things can get quite advanced.

I'm not using anything too advanced, you can add pretty much any item to favourites. Even something a few layers into an addon, or a playlist or... well anything in a hierarchical list. It's quite a nice and flexible setup!

pecinko Wrote:If you bring up context menu while in favorites you will be pleasantly surprisedSmile It is supported by XBMC, so there's no need to manually edit XML or add it to skin.

Yeah, that's what I meant with editing, by context menu => edit. Smile Before you had the option in the skin (quartz1, I think) to edit the name, so I had whatever the original name was in favourites.

On a side note, please leave favourites in the XBMC menu, I prefer it as a menu option.
Quote:In the settings, there is just one too many category to fit into the screen without scrolling. Could something be done there? Merge two categories, move one out to the home screen, make slightly smaller font size, use the space on the left side etc?
pecinko Wrote:No, no and no Smile But I can remove some of the settings to avoid clutter? Smile

Pecinko, before I ask you to do an extreme amount of coding, what do you think of the concept that
overflow is using for the ATV2?

Might be a solution for people that want to cut back on menu items. However, I'm not sure what would follow if you select one of the options. I guess a screen with the menu options as a list?
pecinko Wrote:OK, nice catch. Here you can see that I spend much more time coding skin that actually using it Big Grin Sad

This is fixed now and I believe we already have Add-ons section on home.

Gimme something else Smile

You can add favourite addons but they dont show in the tray (i think)
ajerazzor Wrote:You can add favourite addons but they dont show in the tray (i think)

And what happens when you switch to home screen?
Hi, just wanted to say: I love Quartz and have been using it for some time. However, please dont overwrite v2.0 with the new v3.0. I really dont like it (the views and the home screen). I have Quartz installed through your repository and I would really appriciate it if you made a new entry when the v3 goes "public".

Thanks =)
Guys

there's gonna be a slight delay. We have to rework Home page to ATV3 style.... Just ditched hours of hard work...
pecinko Wrote:Guys

there's gonna be a slight delay. We have to rework Home page to ATV3 style.... Just ditched hours of hard work...

I wasn't too impressed with the new ATV3 home screen... Hopefully you will improve it Smile

But can you release the present version with the current home screen while we wait? Im eager to get my hands on all the bug fixes and new features you (we) have been working on Big Grin
bthusby Wrote:I wasn't too impressed with the new ATV3 home screen... Hopefully you will improve it Smile

But can you release the present version with the current home screen while we wait? Im eager to get my hands on all the bug fixes and new features you (we) have been working on Big Grin

Ney, it has to be perfect!

What should I add to the bottom? Add-ons? Favourites? Both?
I wasn't that impressed too, but i think we need to get used to it. Big Grin
And first need to see it in action Big Grin
That's why redesigned Home is on it's way! You can try it out and we will see.
Don't say you didn't like it?
No, guys just kidding. Not sure I like it myself Smile

We will be releasing new version in a day or two, we are polishing last details as we speak Nod